• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Just in case our daft Northern accents need translating ES, here are the words.
Come on, join in...you know you want to!
"You fill up my senses, like a gallon of Magnet (decent beer brewed by John Smith's I think?)
Like a night packet of Woodbines,
Like a good pinch of snuff,
Like a night out in Sheffield,
Like a greasy chip buttie,
Like Sheffield United, come fill (some sing thrill) me again"

Cannot get this song out of my head. Not a problem for me, not sure my colleagues are so thrilled.

1st visit to Sheffield, very impressed, the locals were helpful and the stewards, who often come in for some stick, were less officious than most I have come across.....then there is the local "facilities" , we chose The Devonshire Cat, GREAT beers, but others I have spoken to all found establishments on an equal par.
Hope we are in the same league (championship :winking: ) next season.

Only chance of free parking now Spoons is to arrive no later than 1.30pm and find a space on the street. Watch out for the residents bays though. You can park in these for 2 hours free so find one, sit in it until just before kick off and you should be OK. Only other alternatives are KFC and B and Q (5 mins walk) but through the home supporters at the end. Plenty of £5 car parks.
There is one more option, and that's to park for free at the Meadowhall Centre just off the M1 and get a tram/train into Sheff for 2 or 3 quid return. 10 mins walk to ground, but again, you'll end up mingling with home supporters en route.
Of course I hope this is only useful info for you for next season if you get promoted :winking:
Thanks for that Greasy, I would love another promotion but gauging season so far and watching Saturday's game I suspect we will both end up mid table but good luck anyway, both lack proven goal scorers.:sad:

Thanks Greasy Chip Buttie. The Blades definitely belong in a higher division.

Spoons and Blues 'n'Twos: I'm not sure about us being promoted to the Championship. On the one hand it would be great to be back there, but on the other I'd hate to see us do a Yeovil (or a Southend under Tilson). Wouldn't we be better to get to the Wembley Play-off final and lose? The money would come in handy, we'd have another day at Wembley and we can wait until Fossett's Farm is open before being promoted - then we'd have the crowds and income to give us a better chance in the Championship.

But then again...... it WOULD be nice to be back there next season.....

Thanks Greasy Chip Buttie. The Blades definitely belong in a higher division.

Spoons and Blues 'n'Twos: I'm not sure about us being promoted to the Championship. On the one hand it would be great to be back there, but on the other I'd hate to see us do a Yeovil (or a Southend under Tilson). Wouldn't we be better to get to the Wembley Play-off final and lose? The money would come in handy, we'd have another day at Wembley and we can wait until Fossett's Farm is open before being promoted - then we'd have the crowds and income to give us a better chance in the Championship.

But then again...... it WOULD be nice to be back there next season.....

You were doing great until the FF bit, then it all just fell apart.

Mansfield to Northampton is a nice easy journey and Plymouth are riding high at the top of the league, though fair play as York is a long old trek.

Agreed.

Our stats are definitely the most impressive.

They would be in a higher division, as well.

I applaud any fans for their commitment week in week out, spending hard earnt money backing their team.

FWIW our support away has been exceptional for a few seasons now, and long may it continue :thumbsup:

Looks even better when you add up the total mileage!

TEAMFANSMILESTOTAL MILES
SOUTHEND1060385408100
COVENTRY880260228800
DONCASTER651229149079
BURY212514108968
SCUNTHORPE320339108480
WIGAN12115566605
OLDHAM4459642720
PORT VALE27815242256
FLEETWOOD8539933915
CREWE15715624492

Great stats, respect to the good fans, i well remember my travels of the 60s and 70s, happy days indeed. COYBB

Back