• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

dannypav

President
With all the ( very tedious ) Smith and Eastwood debates of late , I'm getting confused now as to who is 'IN FAVOUR' and who is 'OUT'.
There have been pro and con comments about everyone of our squad , which is fine as it's all about opinions.
I've listed some below ( some slightly tongue in cheek , but all with an element of truth ) , so just wanted to know what the general view was about our squad.

SMITH : Good shot stopper / Appalling at crosses
BENTLEY : Will be good in the future / Too young now
CLOHESSY : Mr Consistency / Had a below par game recently
BARKER : New lease of life at LB / Legs have gone
PROSSER : Much improved / Not good at LB
CRESSWELL : Player of the season / Struggled recently a few times
PHILLIPS : Player of the Year / Injury prone
STRAKER : Good going forward / Poor defensively
LEONARD : Mr Utility / Mr Anonymous
SPICER : Looks go on the ball / Too lightweight
TIMLIN : Runs all day / Not the same since he signed
LAIRD : Just what we need / Doesn't do much
WOODYARD : Give him some games / Too young now
MKANDAWIRE : Does a great job / Hardly noticed against Brentford ( :winking: )
HURST : Great number of assists / Not as good as Hall for assists
MARTIN : Good left foot / Doesn't do enough
CORR : Great he's back / Can't last the pace
TOMLIN : Sensational this season / Not scored recently
ASSOMBALONGA : Different class / Lost it recently
EASTWOOD : The greatest / Overweight , unfit and not what he was
HARRIS : Great vision / Waste of money
BENYON : Give him a chance / Worst signing ever
FRENCHMAN : Bring him back to save our season / Burn him !

SMITH : Good shot stopper
BENTLEY : Will be good in the future
CLOHESSY : Mr Consistency
BARKER : Legs have gone
PROSSER : Much improved
CRESSWELL : Player of the season
PHILLIPS : Player of the Year
STRAKER : Poor defensively
LEONARD : Mr Utility
SPICER : Too lightweight
TIMLIN : Runs all day
LAIRD : Just what we need
WOODYARD : Give him some games
MKANDAWIRE : Does a great job ( :winking: )
HURST : Great number of assists
MARTIN : Doesn't do enough
CORR : Great he's back
TOMLIN : Sensational this season
ASSOMBALONGA : Different class
EASTWOOD : The greatest
HARRIS : Great vision
BENYON : Worst signing ever
FRENCHMAN : Burn him !

Bolded
players should be sent packing.

I couldn't be bothered to re-state my opinions, so just deleted as applicable.

Last edited:
I think Hurst may beat Hall for assists this season. How many did Hall get last year ?

I think Hurst may beat Hall for assists this season. How many did Hall get last year ?

Can't recall how many Hall got , but yes I think you may be right in that Hurst may beat it.
Doesn't stop some people using an ex-players achievements though to be negative about a new guy :sad:

According to football-league.co.uk, Hurst has 13 so far and Hall got 19 last season. Going to be close though!

Can't recall how many Hall got , but yes I think you may be right in that Hurst may beat it.
Doesn't stop some people using an ex-players achievements though to be negative about a new guy :sad:

Hurst seems to be quite popular though.

Have to say losing Hall was a disaster, which has certainly been avoided by Hurst's performances. Great signing.

Hurst seems to be quite popular though.

Have to say losing Hall was a disaster, which has certainly been avoided by Hurst's performances. Great signing.

You would have thought so , but East Reds still manage to churn out a few who get on his back the moment a pass doesn't go as intended.
I think his partnership with Clohessy is one of our strong attacking points.

Back