• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Irate Ian - his crusade to be welcomed in the long-term club interests or not?

Who will own the new stadium? Who will benefit from the ancillary activities? Who's benefiting from the FF development, when the club doesn't even own its ground at the moment? How will the club benefit? Will it just be a mere tenant, and on what terms? What will the "rent" be to a landlord who is saddled with debt that was borrowed during the hard-to-get-money times of the credit crunch for a project that had ballooned to an unbelievable £80m? Will SUFC have security of tenure - or will the club get kicked out if the club - as a mere tenant - falls behind in payments?
QUOTE]

I agree with most of what's been said on this thread.

The questions above are valid questions and one's that should be answered. To have them all in one place and succintly put is what's been missing from Ian's posts, which have all the points in them if you look hard, but are pretty scattergun and repetitive!

For what it's worth, my best guest to the questions above would be:

SUFC definitely will not own the retail outlets. This will be Ron's cash cow and he will need to pre-let to raise funds to build (i think he said in a recent statement he was well progressed in pre-letting).
I don't think SUFC will own the Ground either as it would be too complicated to raise finance for the stadium separately to the non-football bits and put debt into SUFC to buy the stadium only.
If that's true, and it's only guesswork, then the real question is what rent will we have to pay and how will it rise over time?

Ron might be generous to SUFC while he's still around but what happens when he hangs up his boots? Will his successor/Martin Dawn be able to screw us over? And what happens if we get relegated, attendances fall and we run out of cash?

These questions are clearly very important and Ian is quite right to pursue in his own Irate way.

I was talking about Irate Ian and not you......Irate Ian seems to have the vendetta!!

Ireally don't appreciate all Ian's Rants etc. I just think that he should let people PM if they want to know more. I don't want to block Ian's posts either as he has opinions on a lot of other things!

Why? We are all subjected to each other's opinions, i disagree with alot of yours. Don't wanna read it, then don't read it!

I shouldnt think any future owner of the ground would want to 'screw over' the club and leave themselves with a 22,000 seat stadium with no one wanting to use it..

Well, as stated previously, in spite of my complaining about the flooding of the forum, I'm as keen as any to here the answers to these questions, and will make a point of coming here to check for updates regularly.

Let's now prove that this area doesn't have to be a graveyard!

I shouldnt think any future owner of the ground would want to 'screw over' the club and leave themselves with a 22,000 seat stadium with no one wanting to use it..

Maximise their returns to the club's detriment. What would stop them raising rent by 50% if we got promoted? It's not like we'd have another 22,000 seat stadium to use!

All hypothetical anyway which is why it would be nice to have these questions answered.

Why? We are all subjected to each other's opinions, i disagree with alot of yours. Don't wanna read it, then don't read it!

It is not just his opinion as a one off...it's on every bleeding thread and it is a crusade, not an opinion!!

It is not just his opinion as a one off...it's on every bleeding thread and it is a crusade, not an opinion!!

I beg to differ. My take on events is that the man was invited to a meeting in which he proffered a number of questions. He was promised a response within a week or so, No response was forth coming. He kept his peice. 7 months later it was suggested on here that II's worries had been placated. He responded by saying they had not as he had never received the response as promised. da da da da da da.......Then, you jumped on his back. So it would appear that it is neither an opinion nor a crusade just a confirmation that his initial concerns had/have not, despite apparent commitment, been addressed.

when RM meets fans in person and explains blah blah blah its all very romantic.

however

the masses want RM to put flesh on the bones with actual answers to relevant questions.

i would imagine the fans would not care one jot if RM makes millions from the deal and good luck to him,II has posed decent questions and is stll waiting for decent answers.

I have to say that I have never been a fan of Ian and have clashed with him several times here. Having said that, I would rather have him contacting and meeting with RM than the idiot that posts here as "J" whose only real contribution here seems to be to talk as much rubbish as he can, wind people up with stupid comments and red rep posters for no reason at all.

Having J meet Ron is a farce and an embarressment and if he truly is the voice of the fans we might as well all give up now.

I have to say that I have never been a fan of Ian and have clashed with him several times here. Having said that, I would rather have him contacting and meeting with RM than the idiot that posts here as "J" whose only real contribution here seems to be to talk as much rubbish as he can, wind people up with stupid comments and red rep posters for no reason at all.

Having J meet Ron is a farce and an embarressment and if he truly is the voice of the fans we might as well all give up now.

Just seen this post.. you're not a very nice person are you? ... Wet pants ;)

Really, you seem to have a rather big bug bear.. Just come out say it, you'll make yourself feel 10 times better... Honest xxxx

Back