• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Is it me or are we turning against each other

Aberdeen Shrimper

I don’t know if it is just me or other folk have noticed it as well but there appears to be an increase in fellow SZ members turning on one and other. I don’t mean healthy constructive discussions or a good dose of humorous sarcasm, i mean comments like “F**K off and support another club” and “In fact you make me F***ing sick” and the worst of all is comments like this

“Where would you suggest then…I am up for it” this was directed at another poster for asking him not to direct personal insults on the boards……blatantly offering him to meet for a fight. What the F**K is that all about?????

You would not be wrong sometimes for mistakenly thinking that some of the comments on here are posted by rival Football supporters with a passionate dislike towards each other instead of two fellow supporters of the same team.

THE SAME TEAM……………we all support the same team, I feel that we tend to forget that sometimes.

Please don’t get me wrong, I am not a tree hugging CND supporting pacifist by any means but I do recall about 18 months ago that I fell out with someone on the boards and got drawn in to a public slagging match and as quick as it happened I was PM’d by a Mod straight away to ask me to cool it down, maybe mod’s are letting more things go these days with regards to slagging folk off, I don’t know.

Obviously emotions are high at the moment with the down turn in form, we all have an opinion but NEWS FLASH….not everyone agrees with your opinion and another NEWS FLASH….they are allowed to disagree with out getting called a F**KING idiot.

Any Chance of just showing a little bit more respect for someone else’s opinion/point of view.

(Dave climbs of his soap box and puts on hard hat awaiting the abuse)

When the chips are down the more negative posters go over the top and the more logical will always argue against the more ridiculous claims.

There does seem to be a few new posters that have started saying "support X then", strange that they are new isnt it, almost as if they joined just to be able to get abusive.

Things will get heated on here but personal insults and any sort of threats of physical violence are ridiculous and completely out of order.

This is a good forum and heated debate is fine but hopefully the mods can stamp out the aggressive nature of the minority.

If anyone disagrees with this Ill meet them outside.

Great post.. I have noticed that lately, but I don't think the posters generally mean it.. in the way it comes across..

I think most of it is just general banter and just going over the top a little bit - trying to have a laugh. (Havn't seen the posts so can't understand the comments to their full extent - the conditions might be different to what I think they were).

When results aren't going our way of course people aren't going to be happy, and when they disagree with peoples opinions it's more-than-likely going to get heated, especially after bad fortunes.

I'm not trying to protect the people that have said these comments, and I don't condone it one bit, but I don't think its meant in the way its read.

On the other hand, I could be missing the complete point. (It has been a long day! :D)

I hope everyone has had a good day and they have a good time in the remainder of the day.

I've been aware of this for some time. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion on any debate without getting verbal abuse or sarcastic remarks in return. I know of several members who dont bother to contribute their views anymore because of these reasons.

"I was PM’d by a Mod straight away to ask me to cool it down, maybe mod’s are letting more things go these days with regards to slagging folk off, I don’t know".

Noway,in fact I think we are being more stringent these days, but of course we are not on here at all times.

I agree, this personal abuse is ridiculous ...and will not be tolerated by the owners/mods..if we see it. So be nice Chaps..debate by all means but as AS said we have one common love SUFC.

John.

Last edited:
i only signed up today for that reason.... i want to be able to give my opions... but all i seem to see is as replys are verbal abusive or somethink... its not on really.... we all surport Southend United (different if someone was a Col Ewww fan in here) and the club at the moment is in abit of a drout... we need to all get behind the club and pull together other wise we are all going to hate eachother and there will be gang wars not between two clubs but two sets of fans surporting the same CLUB!!

Come On You Blues!!

"I was PM’d by a Mod straight away to ask me to cool it down, maybe mod’s are letting more things go these days with regards to slagging folk off, I don’t know".

Noway,in fact I think we are being more stringent these days, but of course we are not on here at all times.

I agree this personal abuse is ridiculous ...and will not be tolerated by the owners/mods..if we see it. So be nice Chaps..debate by all means but as AS said we have one common love SUFC.

John.
Indeed John, and also if you have an issue with a certain post then you can either PM one of us or hit the Report post button. As John said, we are not on here all the time and when like Saturday there are threads opening every other minute it is very hard to keep up with all posts on the board.

Cheers,
Glen

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah i noticed this too.

I LOVE YOU ALL

lets all be friends, if you wanna be a bit sh**ty then disguise your self on a col u board and give it some there.

Football is all about opinions, right or wrong!

I love you aberdeen shrimper, thanks for bringing the love back :)

Indeed John, and also if you have an issue with a certain post then you can either PM one of us or hit the Report post button. As John said, we are not on here all the time and when like Saturday there are threads opening every other minute it is very hard to keep up with all posts on the board.

Cheers,
Glen

Glen/John,

It was in no way a dig at the mods, it was just that i wanted folk to be more respectful of each others opinions

Yeah i noticed this too.

I LOVE YOU ALL

lets all be friends, if you wanna be a bit sh**ty then disguise your self on a col u board and give it some there.

Football is all about opinions, right or wrong!

I love you aberdeen shrimper, thanks for bringing the love back :)

The love never went mate.....its been here all along!!

Top post, Dave.

PS.

As i txt you to tell you about the pens last night Senga reminded me that you had left the chat room because you were tired and off to bed...OOOPPSSS

If i woke you mate....a thousand apologies

There are some threads that open up with an interesting idea but before they can develop they have turning into a slanging match. It takes a well respected contributor to put their foot down. Well done Ab Shrimp.

Indeed the disrespect shown from one person to another is fairly poor to say the least. Everyone is welcome to there opinion and should have the right to say it without becoming a target for abuse. Top post Ab Shrimp

Back