• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Is it time for a boycott?

WESTY_SUFC

Its clear to me that Ron Martin has no respect for anyone at the club. We need to send him a message that we will not put up with this anymore. After all there is no club without the fans, players and staff. He needs us!

I have not missed a home game for 13 years but am now contemplating whether i want to put my hard earned money into the club if i cannot trust the man who is in charge of what is done with it.

I emailed Ron asking him if i could have the money back for the season ticket i purchased earlier on in the season and got a reply saying i must not contact him again! Thought his door was always open???

One way to get the message across could be to hit him where it hurts him most...... His wallet. Is it time to boycott putting any money into the club?

Great idea, lets all cut off the current flow of cash that is actually coming in. I'm sure that will help matters!

Its clear to me that Ron Martin has no respect for anyone at the club. We need to send him a message that we will not put up with this anymore. After all there is no club without the fans, players and staff. He needs us!

I have not missed a home game for 13 years but am now contemplating whether i want to put my hard earned money into the club if i cannot trust the man who is in charge of what is done with it.

I emailed Ron asking him if i could have the money back for the season ticket i purchased earlier on in the season and got a reply saying i must not contact him again! Thought his door was always open???

One way to get the message across could be to hit him where it hurts him most...... His wallet. Is it time to boycott putting any money into the club?

No it isn't!

It's the Club you support not the bloke at the top! Although you want him to do well!

WE SUPPORT THE PLAYERS, THE MANAGER AND MOST OF ALL THE FOOTBALL CLUB! SOUTHEND UNITED FC FOREVER!

UTB!

Great idea, lets all cut off the current flow of cash that is actually coming in. I'm sure that will help matters!

you actually must be so far up rons you no what its crazy!!!!
been reading your posts and if everyone was like you RON would have had this club down a long time ago!
RON MARTIN OUT!!!!!!!!! tilly has done all he can and i wouldn blame him for one second if he walked! ive seriously had enough of this UTTER ********!

Last edited by a moderator:

But Ron is cutting off the flow as it is....Cr*p league 2 football = lower gates = lower income.

Are you happy that none of your money is being invested in players? The pure reason why most people go to watch football is to see good players.

Also adding to my post!

Someone text bbc essex at the end of the game last night saying 'I WILL NOT BE RENEWING MY SEASON TICKET NEXT YEAR'

They obviously have no idea, they don't support the team as they should! And we need those type of fans to get out as much as we need to pay the tax bill on the 14th! It is fair enough to be angry at everything, but to throw away your season ticket because of the person in charge shows no passion, no heart and no support!

UTB

you actually must be so far up rons you no what its crazy!!!!
been reading your posts and if everyone was like you RON would have had this club down a long time ago!
RON MARTIN OUT!!!!!!!!! tilly has done all he can and i wouldn blame him for one second if he walked! ive seriously had enough of the To$$er!

I'll ask you like others who want Ron Martin out, perhaps you could enlighten me as to a viable alternative who will buy Ron out. As I've repeated ad infinitum I am not advocating for him, but right now he's all we've got. And FWIW if you've read Fatso's posts you would have noted that he has said the same as I.

So if you are aware of anyone eccentric Sheikhs of Araby locally or perchance you won the Lottery perhaps you could kindly advise Ron Martin accordingly.

i actually think it is time to boycott but i simply can't. i think its the only thing that will actually affect martin. he doesn't care how many protests we have but when he only has a couple of thousand at a game thats when he will be worried.

but its easier said than done. almost everyone will feel like this is wrong and doubt people would do it.

if we get relegated and lose tilly, players etc etc and get no one in i will not be going. theres only so much we can take.

you say this and actually its a very silly comment. whatever we as fans are earning the club it clearly isn't going towards paying the wages which is affecting the player performances on the pitch.

Also adding to my post!

Someone text bbc essex at the end of the game last night saying 'I WILL NOT BE RENEWING MY SEASON TICKET NEXT YEAR'

They obviously have no idea, they don't support the team as they should! And we need those type of fans to get out as much as we need to pay the tax bill on the 14th! It is fair enough to be angry at everything, but to throw away your season ticket because of the person in charge shows no passion, no heart and no support!

UTB

To possibly qualify this, I shan't be renewing at 380/400 quid to watch 4th division football if we are still here next season. Therefore I won't be handing over any of my hard earned until I know for sure what division we are in, and if it's the bottom tier, I expect a significant reduction in season card prices.

i actually think it is time to boycott but i simply can't. i think its the only thing that will actually affect martin. he doesn't care how many protests we have but when he only has a couple of thousand at a game thats when he will be worried.

but its easier said than done. almost everyone will feel like this is wrong and doubt people would do it.

if we get relegated and lose tilly, players etc etc and get no one in i will not be going. theres only so much we can take.

If you are a season card holder what's the point of a boycott? The club already has your money.

Also adding to my post!

UTB

i doubt i will be renewing mine. do i not support the club????????

my reasons are i am fed up with seeing the club up **** creek and also them doing deal after deal for kids etc when i pay for a 5 year old. works out no cheaper anymore. its not really worth it.

you can always sit where you want pretty much anyway so i think im going to buy my tickets for each game.

if you miss 2 or 3 games because your on holiday or something if works out no cheaper anyway.

i think the prices are way too expensive anyway.

To possibly qualify this, I shan't be renewing at 380/400 quid to watch 4th division football if we are still here next season. Therefore I won't be handing over any of my hard earned until I know for sure what division we are in, and if it's the bottom tier, I expect a significant reduction in season card prices.
The deal according to the info on Official Site is that if we go down season tickets are 10% cheaper next season.
So an Adult season ticket next season will probably be £342 which is approx £14.87 per game.

i doubt i will be renewing mine. do i not support the club????????

my reasons are i am fed up with seeing the club up **** creek and also them doing deal after deal for kids etc when i pay for a 5 year old. works out no cheaper anymore. its not really worth it.

you can always sit where you want pretty much anyway so i think im going to buy my tickets for each game.

if you miss 2 or 3 games because your on holiday or something if works out no cheaper anyway.

i think the prices are way too expensive anyway.

Ofcourse it doesn't, you aren't renewing because of money, I support the club forever through any league. Through any amount of poor form. I have to go, my heart and brain leaves me no choice!

No fan is actually enjoying this depression. I cant even put into words how ****ed of I am, but I will still always go, even if our big game is flipping East Thurrock away at our ground share with Leyton Orient! Under the name Southend United I will never stay away!

UTB

The deal according to the info on Official Site is that if we go down season tickets are 10% cheaper next season.
So an Adult season ticket next season will probably be £342 which is approx £14.87 per game.

Link to that info?

For what it's worth, I'll be buying a Seaso next year whatever division we're in. I support the club and can see no good coming of a "boycott" given our current perilous financial plight.

Whether it's Sheffield Wednesday or Stevenage, I'll be there in August cheering on my team.

Link to that info?

For what it's worth, I'll be buying a Seaso next year whatever division we're in. I support the club and can see no good coming of a "boycott" given our current perilous financial plight.

Whether it's Sheffield Wednesday or Stevenage, I'll be there in August cheering on my team.

In the season ticket brochure:-
http://www.southendunited.co.uk/staticFiles/8f/4a/0,,10444~150159,00.pdf

Just under the bit about Season Card prices.

Ofcourse it doesn't, you aren't renewing because of money

its not because of money, i can't afford it but theres only so much you can take.

another reason for not renewing is i have no idea who will be in charge? if we will have a squad etc etc.

i feel season ticket holders don't get a good deal at all.

theres all these special deals but nothing for us. no discount at the club shop instead these stupid bloody point things. who wants that???

the club need to forget about this technical stuff and concerntrate on the football.

its not because of money, i can't afford it but theres only so much you can take.

another reason for not renewing is i have no idea who will be in charge? if we will have a squad etc etc.

i feel season ticket holders don't get a good deal at all.

theres all these special deals but nothing for us. no discount at the club shop instead these stupid bloody point things. who wants that???

the club need to forget about this technical stuff and concerntrate on the football.

The thing with buying a season ticket to any football club is that they are bought sight unseen. Nobody will know which players (if any) their club will sign or for that matter lose. Nobody will know for sure if they will still have the same manager or coaching staff, let alone onions in the burgers. There's no guarantee your club will win anything and that goes as much for a Manchester United as it does for a Southend United, although we will all realise that a Manchester United are more likely to challenge than most.

There are many benefits, if we go down the average per match cost will be 15 quid next year, plus you will also know that if miracles do happen and we get another Man Ure, Spurs or Chelsea cup draw you will definitely get a ticket.

Back