• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Time for action?

• Total voters
Should this not have been looked at by them long before?

I don't know , I really don't know what "this" , it has only come to a head on here in the past week or so , but until the board nail down what they want on here, I don't really think that anyone could have really first guessed it.

This thread is rapidly developing into a 'Trust bashing' session rather than focusing on what it is that supporters want to do/know.

I am really confused with everything to be honest and I am having real problems identifying truths from fiction and I suspect I am not the only one and I hasten to add none of us really know what is going on as we are not privy to some information. All I do know is that day in and day out and week in and week out our club is sinking further and further down with no life line being thrown

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Rootshallbloke
When issues such as this thread covers arise it is because sufficient Southend supporters feel very strongly about the future of the club. Of course if any action is taken running costs will need to be covered and that is where those that really want to see some changes will have to put their money where their mouths are. How many will do that, I don't know. All of that said,

Is it unreasonable that genuine supporters want to know what progress there has been made on building a new ground?
Is it unreasonable that supporters want to know what the financial viability of the club is if FF doesn't happen?
Is it unreasonable to know whether there is anything they can help with to achieve progress?
Is it unreasonable to know if there are other approaches that could be taken?
Is it unreasonable to want to know some information rather than nothing at all?

I think all of these things are very reasonable, and that is why threads like these begin life. We may be completely rubbish at organising anything, but doesn't mean that all those concerns are genuine.

If all the above questions were answered truthfully then I would and I believe most supporters would be content.

Well providing it could be coordinated appropriately and kept to the theme why can we not put together relevant questions and then asked to have them presented in the hope they will be

Would you not say though that the trust is the body that should be safeguarding this? Or keeping a breif on what's going on?

I don't see that

The Trust has a major role to play in representing members and supporters views to the club. I have never been involved with them so I don't know how it operates, but I do know that asking them to do 'something' without actually articulating what that 'something' is not going to create an informed discussion.

A lot of people on here have offered up their views on what they want done and a chunk more have said that it's all a waste of time. Bottom line on SZ at the moment is that there is not a common understanding of what they want the Trust to do. This particular round of posts has only been in existence for a day so the likelihood of common agreement is very low. IF this is going to progress then at the very least some preliminary work needs to be done before the Trust is approached. Truthfully, I doubt that this is achievable given what I've seen today.

Sometimes just a visual or verbal reminder can prompt a response.

ie a banner asking what's going on or 10 years and no Fossetts.

Or maybe a "Martin Martin where's the ground "

Lol no one was moaning 18months ago when we got promoted, lose a few games a suddenly everyone is back on Rons back.

Maybe we should just turn up and get behind the team and the club and win a few games and lift the gloom a bit. Create an atmosphere that gets the club moving forward on the field and in better shape to deal with the off-field issues.

Leaving FF and those matters to the Trust guys and anyone else with a good communication channel with the club, in the meantime.

It's hard to progress in other areas, if the club is on a downward spiral.

I remember the most positive vibes about FF were when we were in the Championship.

Lol no one was moaning 18months ago when we got promoted, lose a few games a suddenly everyone is back on Rons back.

I think it's poor on the field performances coupled with yet more broken promises. Weren't we told we would get an update in June of this year?

Tbh I couldn't give a **** about playing league 1or 2 as that is completely immaterial if Fossetts doesn't come off.

What does happen if Fossetts doesn't happen?

How many years can roots hall sustain us? At present has been left to rot. No improvement or maintenance has been carried out in years. We could be shut down ffs.

Promotion or no promotion. We need answers.

Ron has always treated fans like a hindrance when actual fact all we have wanted to do since day one is help and feel part of the running of OUR club.

Maybe we should just turn up and get behind the team and the club and win a few games and lift the gloom a bit. Create an atmosphere that gets the club moving forward on the field and in better shape to deal with the off-field issues.

Leaving FF and those matters to the Trust guys and anyone else with a good communication channel with the club, in the meantime.

It's hard to progress in other areas, if the club is on a downward spiral.

I remember the most positive vibes about FF were when we were in the Championship.
Communication between the club and supporters is appalling even with the Trust trying its hardest.

Also your point about positive vibes concerning FF when we were in the Championship clearly illustrates the total lack of any progress concerning the new stadium.

OUR club is now in the position of spiralling debt and playing in a stadium which is decrepit and let's face it do any of us get value for money watching our team play in such a dreadful state it is in. The season tickets are hardly cheap in relation to the facilities offered.

We have reached a point where something has to change as I genuinely fear for our future.

RM will not take a blind bit of notice about demo and such, we have tried all this before. Only one thing will catch his attention, withholding money, this may bring Southend down as a club, but it will bring RM down to. So the question is are we willing to start again, at the bottom, just to rid ourselfs of this man, or is it to high a price to pay.

Fair points 'Blue'.

I think my point was that one does kind of go hand in hand with the other. Positive results, better crowds, more people interested in investing as the club progresses upwards.

It's kind of at an impasse now. Ron has no incentive to sell, as his whole interest was based on exchanging Roots Hall for FF and until that's done, I doubt he will go anywhere.

I often wonder whether a better investment for an outsider is to re-develop the current site, as mentioned by 'Sherif' and others on the other threads. Moving the pitch more to the North and East and re-building a stadium there, with conference facilities and so on. The sad thing, related to that, was when Uncle Vic sold off our biggest asset, the South Bank, but there's still enough room to make it work.

I've never been convinced on the location of FF or the viability of it working with Priory Crescent and other issues (rail and so on), TBH.

Spot on that man! This thread is nothing more than "we're losing games, sack the Chairman" - not a jot of this when our form on the field was good. When we had a massive squad in our promotion season, I questioned how we were affording it and no one cared - don't start whinging about the £15m debt now - it's always been there.

I don't understand why, at a time when the club needs fans support the most, they attack it. Get behind your f****** team.

OK

Whilst Questions seem to be considered by some a soft option, I propose to start the ball rolling with the following email to Ron (once I get his email address) , obviously if the concensus is that its a **** idea , waste of time etc then I may revise my choice.

>>Dear Mr Martin

As you are probably aware , in recent weeks there has been growing disquiet on social media on the situation the clubs finds itself in.

Obviously these have been triggered by the on field performances , but the matter of the off field situation soon raises its head.

I was wondering if you would be able to take a couple of moments just to answer a few basic questions regarding this.

What is the current position regarding the Planning permission for the new stadium ?
What are the anticipated timelines for completion ?
Are Sainsbury likely to call in the loan to the SUFC associated company ?
In the proposed FF development, are there any provisions to clear SUFC’s rapidly increasing debt, will any proportion of the future earnings for FF be passed to SUFC and are there any non matchday revenue streams for the Club ?

Whilst I appreciate that there are issues which may be considered to be share price sensitive for some of the business partners , Namely British Land, I would appreciate it if you could spare the time to respond to these concerns.

Many Thanks <<<

I have kept the questions fairly brief , but should there be answers , any further action taken by supporters can then be based around know facts . If there isn't an answer then the starting point has been established.

I will be copying in the Trust Chairman , for a couple of reasons, Courtesy being the prime one .

So , disregarding the potential for it being a total waste of time, what is the verdict ?

OK

Whilst Questions seem to be considered by some a soft option, I propose to start the ball rolling with the following email to Ron (once I get his email address) , obviously if the concensus is that its a **** idea , waste of time etc then I may revise my choice.

>>Dear Mr Martin

As you are probably aware , in recent weeks there has been growing disquiet on social media on the situation the clubs finds itself in.

Obviously these have been triggered by the on field performances , but the matter of the off field situation soon raises its head.

I was wondering if you would be able to take a couple of moments just to answer a few basic questions regarding this.

What is the current position regarding the Planning permission for the new stadium ?
What are the anticipated timelines for completion ?
Are Sainsbury likely to call in the loan to the SUFC associated company ?
In the proposed FF development, are there any provisions to clear SUFC&#8217;s rapidly increasing debt, will any proportion of the future earnings for FF be passed to SUFC and are there any non matchday revenue streams for the Club ?

Whilst I appreciate that there are issues which may be considered to be share price sensitive for some of the business partners , Namely British Land, I would appreciate it if you could spare the time to respond to these concerns.

Many Thanks <<<

I have kept the questions fairly brief , but should there be answers , any further action taken by supporters can then be based around know facts . If there isn't an answer then the starting point has been established.

I will be copying in the Trust Chairman , for a couple of reasons, Courtesy being the prime one .

So , disregarding the potential for it being a total waste of time, what is the verdict ?

If I was Ron I wouldn't answer any of the questions directly. You'd get a polite, reassuring, but non-committal response.

Back