• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Time for action?

• Total voters
Isn't every building project, before you get planning permission.

We have had planning granted FF1 but as you know Sainsbury's pulled out of the deal otherwise we would have been in a new stadium by now and more than likely anew chairman as well.

So the current project clearly does have foundations because its absolutely in Ron's interest to make FF happen. What is not going to happen is any money spent on RH, no matter how many times fans throw teddy in the corner. Why some people on here can't face the truth is bizarre.

We have a choice, enjoy our L2 football on our L2 income with an occasional few seasons in L1 or FF and Possibly a brighter future.
Tbis current saga has now now dragged on a year with very little progress at all. We were according to the club in advanced talks with BL when it was first announced to partner us in the project. I like many have heard the rumour concerning BL withdrawal and to be honest I have a tendency to believe it.

The scheme without proper planning authority and funding is just a dream and without them it has no foundation at all.

We don't have a choice sadly as without the above we are confined to a decrepid stadium which is deteriorating all the time.

That is the truth.

Ron owns the club. Whatever you feel about RM - he is the legal owner and of course he holds all the aces. He bought them.
Nobody can argue that Ron desperately wants a new stadium - I just argue there is zero evidence to suggest it will ever happen.

As for PB and the football side? Jeez, this is about lack of progress OFF the field but still the haters and moaners can infiltrate a thread and direct it towards the manager.

Ron desperately wants a new stadium ?...he has a funny way of showing it then !

Yeah yeah he hasnt the money,IMO he doesn't want any new stadium simply because he does very nicely out of RH,the council have granted planning on virtual green belt,Ron can bide his time as and when the club folds thus leaving Ron with vast sites to build and build on....IMO of course.

Yeah yeah he hasnt the money,IMO he doesn't want any new stadium simply because he does very nicely out of RH,the council have granted planning on virtual green belt,Ron can bide his time as and when the club folds thus leaving Ron with vast sites to build and build on....IMO of course.
If either the club fold or RM I am sure it will take the other with it. That is the reality.

If you think he does nicely out of Roots Hall you obviously don't understand how to read business accounts.

Isn't every building project, before you get planning permission.

No, it may surprise you to know that they aren't - properly planned building projects will have been subject to at least 3 or 4 iterations of cost planning and firming-up of funding proposals before reaching full planning application stage.
As I have eluded to previously, the major sticking point with RM and FF is that all of the funding is third party, which means that the project will be stuck in a perpetual cycle of FIND DEVELOPMENT PARTNER -> MODIFY PLANNING MIX TO SUIT THEIR REQUIREMENTS/MARKET CONDITIONS -> SUBMIT NEW SCOPING OPINION -> SPEND ANOTHER 12 MONTHS MODIFYING THE PLANNING APPLICATION -> MARKET CONDITIONS CHANGE AGAIN RENDERING CURRENT BUSINESS PLAN NULL & VOID....

No, it may surprise you to know that they aren't - properly planned building projects will have been subject to at least 3 or 4 iterations of cost planning and firming-up of funding proposals before reaching full planning application stage.
As I have eluded to previously, the major sticking point with RM and FF is that all of the funding is third party, which means that the project will be stuck in a perpetual cycle of FIND DEVELOPMENT PARTNER -> MODIFY PLANNING MIX TO SUIT THEIR REQUIREMENTS/MARKET CONDITIONS -> SUBMIT NEW SCOPING OPINION -> SPEND ANOTHER 12 MONTHS MODIFYING THE PLANNING APPLICATION -> MARKET CONDITIONS CHANGE AGAIN RENDERING CURRENT BUSINESS PLAN NULL & VOID....

I suppose Brexit is going to get blamed for the latest delays?!!!

I suppose Brexit is going to get blamed for the latest delays?!!!

Brexit is having an impact on the construction industry in the UK, and will no doubt add risk to prospective acquisitions by developers, who often obtain their funds through international pension funds and the like, which are obviously affected by fluctuations in currency.

It wouldn't matter who was chairman, or even if it was the fans favourite a 'consortium' that took over the club today, they would still have to go through the same process. They would still have to find funding from a third party as nearly all developments do.

You have posted some decent points in the past which I have liked. Now it seems your personal beef about the club not taking up your offer is overruling anything else. With your experience why don't you tell us about other clubs and their set backs, funding etc.

I'm sure most of us would rather hear that than you getting upset with me because I don't agree that spending money at RH is the way forward.

Last edited:

Seriously??
Even the most avid RON OUT Zoners do not believe for one minute that the Chairman does not want the new stadium.

Maybe you should read the accounts relating to Southend United Football Club - Ron is most definitely not doing "very nicely" from the club.
His dream, possibly his Golden Egg is a shiny new stadium.

Sadly..I do not see it happening which is a serious problem for our beloved football club.

Seriously??
Even the most avid RON OUT Zoners do not believe for one minute that the Chairman does not want the new stadium.

Maybe you should read the accounts relating to Southend United Football Club - Ron is most definitely not doing "very nicely" from the club.
His dream, possibly his Golden Egg is a shiny new stadium.

Sadly..I do not see it happening which is a serious problem for our beloved football club.

Ron has played a blinder,he has a company with 150,000 customers every year,whilst people sadly believe the "story" nothing will ever change.

The club itself has huge debts mainly charged by unpaid ground rent,I've been told interesting stuff which will never go on this domain.

Ron has played a blinder,he has a company with 150,000 customers every year,whilst people sadly believe the "story" nothing will ever change.

The club itself has huge debts mainly charged by unpaid ground rent,I've been told interesting stuff which will never go on this domain.

Some blinder. Ron owns a football club - £15M in debt.

Some blinder. Ron owns a football club - £15M in debt.

Ron owns RH site worth possibly 25 million
Ron owns Boots and Laces possibly worth with planning 15 million
Ron owns FF worth ?????

Yep he has played a blinder.

Ron owns FF worth ?????

Not really !! He can't build on RH until a new stadium is found for SUFC, though ! And he can't build FF until someone else has lent him the funds ! (allegedly !)

Ron owns FF worth ?????

We shall see.
I am certain that without a new stadium - none of those assets will be realised. It ALL rests on FF for Ron.

Ron owns FF worth ?????

As much as I am no fan of RM, the published accounts of his companies suggest he hasn't got a pot to **** in.

Reality is, RH is only worth as much as a developer would pay for it, and it does have limitations for anything other than light retail or residential (without major upgrades to the surrounding transport infrastructure).

Boots & Laces - can't comment as not sure what the planning designation of this site would be should Southend United be no more (i.e. would it revert to greenfield, and therefore difficult to build upon...)

FF is nothing more than intellectual property (i.e paper), so that is virtually worthless.

One win and then silence on this thread. Surely this thread was against how the club is run. We all want the team to do well but we're still being run into the ground financially. Action is still needed irrelevant of our form this season.

One win and then silence on this thread. Surely this thread was against how the club is run. We all want the team to do well but we're still being run into the ground financially. Action is still needed irrelevant of our form this season.
Sadly this is all what a sizeable section of supporters worry about. Although only quarter of people who voted in this poll supported the notion that 'It's not the Time for Action'.

The club financially will soon reach breaking point which is certainly not far away and only then I believe that people will wake up and realise that the future of the club is in doubt.

How are we being run into the ground and if we are, what realistically can be done about it?

Back