• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Is there any shame in having a Thai Bride?

Options Options Options.

• Total voters

DTS

The Business
I have not really had much experience of Thai Brides myself but in the past two days I have become aware of them more and more.

First off had a customer come in yesterday looking for a remortgage. Seemed a bit weird on the phone and as always when I asked for his partners name he said "I will tell you on the day"

Turns out the reason he cant give me his partners name as he can spell it as she is from Thailand. In my line of work you do meet a lot of weird old people but this was on of the weirdest.

He basically couldnt speak the same language as his wife. Nor could they really communicate at all really. He was 50 odd and she was mid-20's. Not bad if you like that sort of thing. Had a bit of a chat and basically he only met her a few months before and they got married 4 days after meeting.

The today got on at Brighton for my daily trip to London Bridge. I was late as had a few too many last night with my mates and ended up getting stuck in the middle of a six seat formation - if you catch my drift. Tried to sleep but my banging hangover said no.

Anyway opposite me was low and behold another Thai Bride with her partner. Again her English was awful and I got the impression it was her first trip to London. All the way up he was telling her the history of London half of which was wrong but I couldnt be ****ed to tell him. Again she was 20 years plus younger than him. He also had a greying pony tail which is just offensive.

Now I cant decide if its wrong or not. On one hand the man is lonely and often has resources and the woman had a nice figure and had come from I guess a pretty poor place to live in Brighton. So I guess in a way they are just both offering the other a service "pardon the pun".

On the other hand I cant help but really think its just exploitation of the Thai's as they have no money and clearly are only doing it for the cash.

Where do you stand on this.

( Poll to follow - Please dont post going "Wouldnt this have been better with a poll as it takes a few seconds to type it up :finger: )

Last edited:
Wouldn't this have been better with a poll?

(Did you have me down in the sweepstake as the first one to say that?)

I have not really had much experience of Thai Bridges myself

Is that Jeff Bridges sister? :p

Seriously, always gets a huge chant of "MAIL ORDER, WOOOOAAAAHHOOOOHHH" in the GlasgowSUFC household depending on which one of us spots the Thai Bride first :D

Last edited:
Definately I'd say get yourself one, they are cheap to operate and are more respectful and hardworking than their european counterparts (though having said that, with eastern europe opening up the Thai girls could be coming in for some competition).
I do appreciate that language can be a problem, but as with a UK bride give them simple instructions to start off with and take it from there.

Personally I think its wrong.

Given a choice between living in Thailand or Brighton, I'd choose Thailand every time.

As for Thai bride marriages, when I was out in Thailand I always felt very uncomfortable seeing 50 year old western blokes with 20 year old Thai brides. Maybe its just because your not quite sure what you are getting with a Thai bride, as it could turn out to be a Thai groom, but I think it was probably more the feeling of exploitation.

On the other hand, quite a few Asian women prefer Western blokes (and I don't just mean in the physical sense) as they can live a more equal life, not have to give up their career and be a housewife.

I'm less comfortable when its the other way round and Western blokes want a Thai bride as they'll be very submissive and won't have any pretensions of a career and will stay at home and do all the cooking* and cleaning.

*Although to be fair, if I married a Thai girl I'd probably want her to do the cooking as Thai food is the best.

Well my brother is married to a thai bride but he was working over there so it's a love marriage. Her sister however married one of his mates, soon as she got her passport, she was off!

Poor sod...she's now in the US doing the same to some other poor f**ker.

My sister-in laws son's girlfriend is one hot tamale and I'd be there like a rat up a drainpipe!

I have heard this is a road Canvey Shrimper is undertaking.....Although finding a Thai girl who can't see cleary either is becoming a task for him ..;)

I have heard this is a road Canvey Shrimper is undertaking.....Although finding a Thai girl who can't see cleary either is becoming a task for him ..;)

Me thinks you protesteth too much Mr Crickson with your abuse of Callan & Canvey :D

Back