• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Is there any shame in having a Thai Bride?

Options Options Options.

• Total voters
Im off for a job interveiw shortly but I just had to reply to this thread. A bloke who comes and drinks in our local as got a thai bride and he is always banging on about how good she is to him and stuff, and cares for his every whim. He is about 55, as got four front teeth missing and the others have rotted away, very overweight and basically ugly. On new years eve, last year he brought her in the club for a pre new years drink, and I tell you what she was absoulutly stunning, shockingly stunning ,you know what I mean where you keep getting dug in the ribs by the missus stunning. It didnt look right but hey, I would defo, but there would have to be a pre nup.

A very intriguing thread and to be honest, I have mixed feelings about the whole issue.

If a gentleman in his 50s is single, lonely and for whatever reason can't find anyone in this country, I don't see a problem with going for a Thai bride for genuine companionship reasons - especially if he is doing her family a favour financially as well.

Having said that, this is a very romanticised view of things and, like Dave, I've seen with my own eyes what looks like genuine evidence of exploitation - really seedy looking old blokes who treat these women as slaves. Then again, there's the other side of the coin where you hear stories about Thai brides who have exploited British men simply to get into the country, which is wrong as well. So, overall, it's a pretty risky move and if I was to pursue the Thai bride idea, I'd certainly go over there for a decent period of time and assess the situation thoroughly.

Funnily enough, I actually nearly got involved with a Thai woman about three years ago. Admittedly, this was a totally different situation to that of this thread because I met her on a night out in Watford and she was actually a couple of years older than me. But the reason I mention it is she moved to the UK after one of these arrangements and didn't exactly appear to be happily married. We exchanged numbers and she called me two or three times but then backed off when her husband found out (I left her a voicemail and he evidently screened calls to her mobile).

It was probably for the best as she had a young son as well but I did really like her at the time.

Back