• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Italy v England Euro 2024 Group C Qualifier - 19:45 Live coverage on Channel 4 from 19:00

RHB

I'm a Gnu, how do you do!⭐⭐
Staff member
Both teams' opening Euro 2024 Group C qualifier, held at Stadio Diego Armando Maradona in Naples. Italy are unbeaten in their last six meetings with England, with the most famous of those contests the Azzurri's penalty shootout triumph at Wembley Stadium in the Euro 2020 final. However, unlike their opponents, who have failed to reach the last two World Cups, England have an impeccable qualifying record since missing out on Euro 2008. (all text unashamedly nicked from Ch4 write-up).

This thread will become the official match thread from KO.

So far no trouble with ULTRAS...but sadly can only see Italy winning,but i hope im wrong

An incredibly wise Burnley fan has taken an England flag to Naples, with the words “Diego’s in a box”, emblazoned upon it.

Umm, I mean at what point do you consider this to be a logical and necessary thing to do?

One person has put a €10k on his head, and now that his name and details have become public, Napoli fans are using social media to hunt him down…. and their ultras don’t **** around.

He’ll get someone killed.

Aside from that, I heard on the radio we haven’t won in Italy since the 60’s? Can’t see that changing tonight. It won’t - or shouldn’t - hurt our chances of qualification, but it would be nice to put one over on the Italians.

An idiot England fan with no respect sadly.Im no DM fan,in fact that Argie V England game i was in Lichfield(86) Army base in the NAFFI and when that game finished a few plastic glasses were thrown at the tv...but he got away with it and most players would,if they could.
I still remember 1976..us playing Italy (highlights on tv)in New York i think...two down and coming back to win 3-2...the Italians lost it during the game and later their FA said sorry afterwards. It was reported that at a corner when Italy was 3-2 down a player "hit" big Dave Watson(our no 5)..wanted him to react,so he could go down and try and get a penalty,big Dave walked outside the penalty area and said "come here and do that"..clever Italian didnt do it

So far no trouble with ULTRAS...but sadly can only see Italy winning,but i hope im wrong
This Italy side is poor, I watch enough serie A to know that and even Mancini is bemoaning the lack of Italian talent in the league. I think, on paper, England look much better.

An incredibly wise Burnley fan has taken an England flag to Naples, with the words “Diego’s in a box”, emblazoned upon it.

Umm, I mean at what point do you consider this to be a logical and necessary thing to do?

One person has put a €10k on his head, and now that his name and details have become public, Napoli fans are using social media to hunt him down…. and their ultras don’t **** around.

He’ll get someone killed.
The highest level of stupidity given that Diego is seen as a god by neopolitans. I don't condone any violence but you can't help but thing this guy will have brought it upon himself.

Aside from that, I heard on the radio we haven’t won in Italy since the 60’s? Can’t see that changing tonight. It won’t - or shouldn’t - hurt our chances of qualification, but it would be nice to put one over on the Italians.
I think we have a great chance of getting something from the game. The Italy squad is weak, meret, politano and Di lorenzo aside, I can't be calling napoli players weak 😂

Reactions: GBJ
The highest level of stupidity given that Diego is seen as a god by neopolitans. I don't condone any violence but you can't help but thing this guy will have brought it upon himself.

His stupidity could get someone else hurt, which for me is the bigger problem.

I will be amazed if there’s no agg tonight.

But sadly...on paper/according too..UK press/The FA...we always look better..but we still get beat by harder teams/win nowt..

His stupidity could get someone else hurt, which for me is the bigger problem.

I will be amazed if there’s no agg tonight.
Yeah totally agree mate. I'm really hoping there is no agg as I'm back at the Maradona for the champions quarter final, neopolitans have always been so nice to me whenever I've visited so don't want there to be anti English sentiment due to some idiots 🤞🏻 It's always the minorities on both sides that spoil things though

Reactions: GBJ
Just seen the Italy line up and there really should be nothing to fear there. Hard to break down, but nothing to fear. I'd go 0-0 or a narrow England win personally

Back