• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

southend4ever

I used to play a little.
That I ask you please to show your generosity and kindness please to 'Save Gee Gee'.

http://www.gofundme.com/Gee-Gee-Fund#description

Some things in life put others into perspective. On Monday I found out that my ex-university lecturer and now good friend's daughter aged just 9 has been diagnosed with Cancer for a second time after last year being given the all clear. This sad news was followed the following day with news that another good friend's sister, aged just 18, has found out that her cancerous tumours are still growing following a month's trial of medication following news that the cancer had 4 new growths.

They do not know each other but it turns out that Royal Marsden are treating them both.

Georgina's (Gee Gee) mum set up an ambitious fundraising target just 6 days ago and whilst I am not asking you to part with your life saving's I would just ask that you pay the fundraising page a visit and you help to raise awareness by passing on the link to family and friend's. I am concious that many of these links make their way around the internet these days but if you could spare a few pounds for this great cause I would be touched by your kindness.

Any help or hope you can offer, messages of support etc would be so gratefully received and I will of course pass them on.

Thanks everyone.

If anyone has been able to send the link on or make a donation then thank you so much. Almost £3,000 has been raised in the last 24 hours.

Please may I ask you to take a look and support this brave girl and her family.

Thank You.

Something to really remind you about life's perspectives. A great cause, best wishes and good luck.

SBH,

Thank you so much for your donation. 'Gee Gee's' sister has asked me to thank you on behalf of her family and to tell you that they are overwhelmed by the support that has been flooding in. It goes to show the wonders of social media and the generosity of people. Positive stuff that is not reported on enough in our news.

To add to this shocking week of news I have found out today that a colleague and friend of mine has been told that they have a form of skin cancer. It's scary to see how many of us are affected by cancer. The day that they find more information about cancer and eventually a cure will be a day to rejoice.

Thanks SBH for once again demonstrating the power of Shrimperzone and your personal kind and caring nature.

On behalf of the Woodley family, thank you so much.

They have now raised just short of £11,000 in 8 days when fundraising really began a few days ago. This is a fantastic achievement.

The generosity is incredible. A small donation goes a long way.

Over £13,500 has been raised now. Thanks again to any of you who are able to forward the link on or donate.

Kind Regards,

Back