• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Doesn’t look like Payne is particularly well liked by a lot of Bradford fans. Had a look on Twitter at recent tweets to him and he’s getting a lot of stick. Doesn’t sound like he’s had a great season and one of their fans reckons he’s on £12k a week.

I do wonder if the lad has hampered his long term career for the sake of a few extra £’s in the short term.

Doesn’t look like Payne is particularly well liked by a lot of Bradford fans. Had a look on Twitter at recent tweets to him and he’s getting a lot of stick. Doesn’t sound like he’s had a great season and one of their fans reckons he’s on £12k a week.

I do wonder if the lad has hampered his long term career for the sake of a few extra £’s in the short term.

I wouldn’t mind hampering my career with £12k a week

Will he end up back at Huddersfield in the championship next season or will they try and offload on the cheap and get him off the wage bill, I’d be surprised if Huddersfield are paying him 12k a week.

I wouldn’t mind hampering my career with £12k a week

Depends what he’s in the game for really doesn’t it. If he had ambitions of playing in the Premiership and reaching the top of his game then he might have dealt himself a pretty big setback. If he’s only in it for the money then good luck to him ??‍♂️

He was no where near ready for a move. He was never a regular for us in League One

Depends what he’s in the game for really doesn’t it. If he had ambitions of playing in the Premiership and reaching the top of his game then he might have dealt himself a pretty big setback. If he’s only in it for the money then good luck to him ??‍♂️

He was thinking career wise but Huddersfield won their promotion to early, which is not his fault.

He never signed for 12K a week but who knows they may have all got a PL bonus for promotion.

In my experience most fans add on about 40/50% when moaning about wages. Although Southend fans are often higher......Including the chairman (allegedly)

He was thinking career wise but Huddersfield won their promotion to early, which is not his fault.

He never signed for 12K a week but who knows they may have all got a PL bonus for promotion.

In my experience most fans add on about 40/50% when moaning about wages. Although Southend fans are often higher......Including the chairman (allegedly)

If Huddersfield had loaned him out to a Championship team when they were promoted, I would agree. But the fact is he’s been on loan three times, to League One clubs each time, and hasn’t exactly set the world alight.

So I still can’t help but feel he would’ve been better staying put for the time being. Had a good half a season, looked good on a game on telly and then jumped ship for a few more notes.

If Huddersfield had loaned him out to a Championship team when they were promoted, I would agree. But the fact is he’s been on loan three times, to League One clubs each time, and hasn’t exactly set the world alight.

So I still can’t help but feel he would’ve been better staying put for the time being. Had a good half a season, looked good on a game on telly and then jumped ship for a few more notes.

He did Ok with Blackburn and had an on loan promotion.

JP had decided to leave us 12 months before he did. Which is why he changed his agent to a more well known and aggressive one.

On the plus side for him, he has earned £1m more in playing in the same L1 than if he had signed for us.......Nice work if you can get it.

Interesting to see Lincoln linked, wouldn't have thought he'd fit their style but would be a possible reunion with his mate Ben Coker.

If he gets a move to a champ club he must have one hell of an agent.

Read Gillingham and Salford are interested in him.The financial rewards of Salford will interest Payne I'm sure

Joined Lincoln on a permanent deal. Good signing for them and a statement of intent, but gutting for him to end up exactly where he was, if not backwards, from when he left us.

Joined Lincoln on a permanent deal. Good signing for them and a statement of intent, but gutting for him to end up exactly where he was, if not backwards, from when he left us.
He's going to get neck-ache watching the ball fly over his head for 90 mins

I'm interested to see how he gets on with their style. He could thrive under the big man up top holding tha ball up for him, but could equally be their scapegoat if things aren't going their way. Either way, PB was probably right when he said he left one year too soon

His position is what is holding him back. Very few teams at this level will play with a CAM for their entire season and that's where he struggles. It works for a side that are doing well.

It's a position for the top level and he just can't get a real run of games. I'd still like to see the kid do well but he 100% left us too early, he was never a regular starter here and then 3 years later he ends up back at this level. Albeit he'll be cushioned by a bigger wallet now

Compare that to the move Dan Bentley just made and they left us in the same summer

I'm interested to see how he gets on with their style. He could thrive under the big man up top holding tha ball up for him, but could equally be their scapegoat if things aren't going their way. Either way, PB was probably right when he said he left one year too soon

They might even get him to run beyond the big lad upfront for a flick on. When Tyrone Barnett first come to us that combination worked well. Sadly within a few games Tyrone decided to do an impression of a French man.

Back