• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

That move should work out well for Jack. Lincoln like to use someone in the hole just behind their big man John Akinde.
An excellent signing for the Imps. He won't have come cheap either.

Wonder if Coker will shortly be joining him which influenced his decision.

Needs to either be a striker or a winger, as others have said at this level a pure no 10 is wasted.

The man is deluded

I told him this and he told me asked me "do I understand exactly what Lincoln needs? [He] does and has conducted an intricate analysis of exactly what we need to drive the club forward". Then he blocked my IP address. He's a complete fruitloop.

Withdrawn—as per usual.
You've got it wrong again-as per usual.
Danny Cowley said he took three KEY players off after an hour as they had a big game on Saturday. Funny, I am more inclined to accept what he said than your innate bias.

You've got it wrong again-as per usual.
Danny Cowley said he took three KEY players off after an hour as they had a big game on Saturday. Funny, I am more inclined to accept what he said than your innate bias.
ABSOLUTELY NOTHING wrong with my statement.

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING wrong with my statement.
You continually have a dig at Payne, whatever the circumstances. You seem to have a problem with him even though he no longer plays for us. What a shame. Either that or you are just a wind-up merchant waiting for people like me to bite. And you have achieved it, well played.

Jack Payne 2019/20 stats
Games Started: 7 out of 7
Games Subbed off: 1 out of 7

Number of times Zuess is wrong is these posts: 2
Not wrong at all.Your figures for his early days at Lincoln serve only to underline my argument and the main aspect of Jack Payne and his career so far:HE FLATTERS TO DECEIVE. I’ve no reason to dislike him,no criticism whatsoever of his taking up of Huddersfield’s offer,please read all my previous comments ,but what got under my skin was all those on here,who kept insisting he was a miraculous talent who would soon be starring in the Premiership.
Early on at Hudders,he started quite a lot of games in the Championship,frequently getting substituted(!),before falling right out of favour and sent back down to 3 different clubs at our level —Oxford,Blackburn and Bradford City.When selected to start at these clubs,he regularly got withdrawn well before the end of games.
Maybe the Cowleys (I wanted them not CP to take over from Brown)will be able get more of the very,very occasional flashes of brilliance from him but because of his minimal all-round contributions,I wouldn’t expect him to play regularly at a higher level.

Not wrong at all.Your figures for his early days at Lincoln serve only to underline my argument and the main aspect of Jack Payne and his career so far:HE FLATTERS TO DECEIVE. I’ve no reason to dislike him,no criticism whatsoever of his taking up of Huddersfield’s offer,please read all my previous comments ,but what got under my skin was all those on here,who kept insisting he was a miraculous talent who would soon be starring in the Premiership.
Early on at Hudders,he started quite a lot of games in the Championship,frequently getting substituted(!),before falling right out of favour and sent back down to 3 different clubs at our level —Oxford,Blackburn and Bradford City.When selected to start at these clubs,he regularly got withdrawn well before the end of games.
Maybe the Cowleys (I wanted them not CP to take over from Brown)will be able get more of the very,very occasional flashes of brilliance from him but because of his minimal all-round contributions,I wouldn’t expect him to play regularly at a higher level.
I don't see why Payne won't do well at Lincoln since they play 4-2-3-1, the problem with Payne is his position doesn't exist in a lot of League 1 formations (although this is starting to change) so he ends up getting played out of position and inevitably does poorly because of it. The Cowleys seem to have built their system around him so he should do much better with them.

I don’t get why you have to like every single player that’s ever played for us. Some people like players and still like them after leaving, some people don’t like players and still don’t like them after leaving. There are many variations! The world would be pretty boring if we all liked the same thing.

Back