• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sorry. I edited my posted to explain what I meant, probably whilst you were posting a reply, but fair enough.

In that case, why don't you start a thread about Blair then?

No Worries.

As far as starting a thread for Blair, I think there is one in already regarding the Chilcott enquiry which could be used.
I chose to post the reference to Blair here as I was interested to see that there is a fair amount of debate about something that happened over 70 years ago and the moral choices that were made.
I saw it as relevant from the point of view that those choices still apply today, and I know what I am more concerned with.

When you say "we" who do you mean? Do you mean Shrimperzone or do you mean the German public who are taking him to trial?

If you mean Shrimperzone, then I don't have an issue with debating this. If you don't (mean Shrimperzone) then it's worth remembering this is a German being tried in Germany. It has nothing to do with us English. I also doubt the Germans give two hoots about Blair!

How wonderful that modern Germany is prepared to seek justice for all the victims of the holocaust. By putting Oskar Groning on trial they will show the world how well they have dealt with former Nazis and how far they have moved on from the whole shameful episode. Of course we should all commend them for such an action..... Well that is everybody except me... I shall explain.

In 1951 an organisation called Stille Hilfe [silent help] was set up by former SS officers to help their comrades who had been arrested, sentenced or indeed still fugitives. Over the years they managed to help hundreds of former SS men including Klaus Barbie. This organisation is not illegal and is still helping many ageing Nazis in their own nursing homes etc. It is now headed by a woman in her eighties called Gudrun Burwitz. Never heard of her, don't worry you will know her farther......Heinrich Himmler, head of the SS and Gestapo. The man most directly involved in the final solution. Gudrun, who never denounced her Nazi past, has kept herself busy over the years raising money to help these criminals avoid justice and not just Germans either. Recently she has helped a Dutch former SS officer to avoid extradition to Holland and Soren Kamm, a Dane who was found guilty of murder in his absence and has admitted to his crimes. In the case of Kamm, Germany has refused to comply with an EU extradition order to return him to Denmark.

All former SS officers are entitled to a pension, including those that served in the Deaths Head Units. They're the ones who were responsible for the worst atrocities. Now even if they have served a prison sentence for war crimes they still get a pension and a state provided house. The Germans believe that your past should not affect your welfare.

Don't be too annoyed if any of these SS officers were injured whilst serving in the war they receive an enhanced pension. which means if they reached a higher rank it could equate to £50,000 a year. Please don't get too mad, death camps were dangerous places and its easy to do yourself a mischief herding Russian women and children into a barn and burning them to death.

So lets hope old Oskar the book keeper gets found guilty at his upcoming trial. After all he turned a blind eye and did not bother to speak out. Which is exactly what the rest of us have done for the last seventy years.

How wonderful that modern Germany is prepared to seek justice for all the victims of the holocaust. By putting Oskar Groning on trial they will show the world how well they have dealt with former Nazis and how far they have moved on from the whole shameful episode. Of course we should all commend them for such an action..... Well that is everybody except me... I shall explain.

In 1951 an organisation called Stille Hilfe [silent help] was set up by former SS officers to help their comrades who had been arrested, sentenced or indeed still fugitives. Over the years they managed to help hundreds of former SS men including Klaus Barbie. This organisation is not illegal and is still helping many ageing Nazis in their own nursing homes etc. It is now headed by a woman in her eighties called Gudrun Burwitz. Never heard of her, don't worry you will know her farther......Heinrich Himmler, head of the SS and Gestapo. The man most directly involved in the final solution. Gudrun, who never denounced her Nazi past, has kept herself busy over the years raising money to help these criminals avoid justice and not just Germans either. Recently she has helped a Dutch former SS officer to avoid extradition to Holland and Soren Kamm, a Dane who was found guilty of murder in his absence and has admitted to his crimes. In the case of Kamm, Germany has refused to comply with an EU extradition order to return him to Denmark.

All former SS officers are entitled to a pension, including those that served in the Deaths Head Units. They're the ones who were responsible for the worst atrocities. Now even if they have served a prison sentence for war crimes they still get a pension and a state provided house. The Germans believe that your past should not affect your welfare.

Don't be too annoyed if any of these SS officers were injured whilst serving in the war they receive an enhanced pension. which means if they reached a higher rank it could equate to £50,000 a year. Please don't get too mad, death camps were dangerous places and its easy to do yourself a mischief herding Russian women and children into a barn and burning them to death.

So lets hope old Oskar the book keeper gets found guilty at his upcoming trial. After all he turned a blind eye and did not bother to speak out. Which is exactly what the rest of us have done for the last seventy years.

That's all very interesting, but completely irrelevant to the point I was making.

Back