• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours January transfer window

I guess there is a reason why every manager we have had ends up making JW a regular starter when fit. Whether all fans fully appreciate why is interesting,. but in the end happily its the manager who picks the team. And one assumes based on merit.

I guess there is a reason why every manager we have had ends up making JW a regular starter when fit. Whether all fans fully appreciate why is interesting,. but in the end happily its the manager who picks the team. And one assumes based on merit.

Its about what he does in training, in the dressing room and what he says on the pitch, much of this is not noticed by the fans, with a young squad he must be a god send to any manager, experience and a level head in a crisis is invaluable.

He played in only 3 of those games!

In the 4 games he missed we only conceded twice.
yes fair enough, i also did mention the impact Dieng has had on playing with Hobson as well. Dont think my point was well put. Was trying to say that in the past month or so, Hobson with White or Dieng has worked well etc

It's all gone a little bit too quiet for my liking. Let's hope there are things going on in the background!

It's all gone a little bit too quiet for my liking. Let's hope there are things going on in the background!
Judging by recent experience under the current regime, it is when it is quiet that things are going on behind the scenes and signings being worked on. MM has never been one to shout the odds about new signings, unlike some previous incumbents. Just a hunch mind you. Not ITK.

heres a heads up that was in in the papers today today " Southend are leading the way to sign non league star Omar Rowe. AFC Wimbledon, Bolton and Fleetwood are also in the mix for the Hyyes and Yeading winger 26" iave had a look and he's currently on loan at Hemel Hempstead cant say theres much else that looks appealing, plus do we really need another winger? played 6 scored 2 so far this season

heres a heads up that was in in the papers today today " Southend are leading the way to sign non league star Omar Rowe. AFC Wimbledon, Bolton and Fleetwood are also in the mix for the Hyyes and Yeading winger 26" iave had a look and he's currently on loan at Hemel Hempstead cant say theres much else that looks appealing, plus do we really need another winger? played 6 scored 2 so far this season
Which paper?

Not entirely sure we need another winger, but if there’s space in the budget Rowe would be quite an exciting signing. Good eye for goals and assists and very quick too. Scored a great goal against league leaders Carlisle a couple of months back

Not entirely sure we need another winger, but if there’s space in the budget Rowe would be quite an exciting signing. Good eye for goals and assists and very quick too. Scored a great goal against league leaders Carlisle a couple of months back

He looks okay, yes. He would suit the way that MM likes to play.

But that must be the ugliest non league ground I have ever seen.

I can't find the actual post to quote it, but last week someone mentioned on SZ that we'd all be happy with SUFC's business in a week's time.

We've had one player in since then. It's all a bit underwhelming really given what was mentioned by RM during November/December time. I wonder if any of this has anything to do with his sloth like approach to such things?

Would imagine joel lynch would be the next signing, depending on how he been performing in training.

Would imagine joel lynch would be the next signing, depending on how he been performing in training.

Whatever happened to the 'big' striker, training with a northern Division 1 team, that Southend had agreed terms with and was supposed to join. RM claimed Southend had outbid a Division 1 team for his services.

I can't find the actual post to quote it, but last week someone mentioned on SZ that we'd all be happy with SUFC's business in a week's time.

We've had one player in since then. It's all a bit underwhelming really given what was mentioned by RM during November/December time. I wonder if any of this has anything to do with his sloth like approach to such things?

Patience....

Back