• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Hmm..just seen that Chris Phillips has started following Wolves striker Jake Cassidy..i bet its him who is the other loan signing.

Would be impressed if we got him. Notts County rated him and wanted to extend his loan

It's not easy, they are not going to get a top class player, playing in L2.

Whats needed is big lump up front to play alone side Corr, the CF playing for Chester looked the part

Hmm..just seen that Chris Phillips has started following Wolves striker Jake Cassidy..i bet its him who is the other loan signing.

Great stuff :thumbsup:

Cassidy would be a top signing. If he's 'putting together a package' to offer a striker, hopefully it will be permanent.

Didn't Ron and PB attend an u21 game in the Midlands last week? Possibly Arsenal v Wolves. That would make sense if it were Jake Cassidy

Great stuff :thumbsup:

Cassidy would be a top signing. If he's 'putting together a package' to offer a striker, hopefully it will be permanent.

http://www.expressandstar.com/sport...1/08/wolves-expecting-some-outcasts-to-leave/

As for Cassidy, Jackett added: “I think Notts County will make a move. We’ll be looking to loan him out again, but exactly where I don’t know yet.
“Notts have had quite a number of loans and now they’re assessing how they distribute that money and who they take back.
“There is other loan interest from that level in him, but Notts are interested and Kevin Thelwell (head of football development) will be discussing that with their manager this week.
“I’d very much doubt there’s a chance of a permanent deal.”

Something tells me it on a permanent and uncle Ron was taken along because money is involved and he needed convincing.
I suspect a relative small fee with add ons- plus a decent but not unaffordable wage.
TBH I think its become apparent that you need to be willing to pay a fee or wages you would rather not if you are going to get a goalscorer who will make a difference- not enough to go around.
Scored regular at L1 level- 6'2'' I notice so would BBBC, Pigott and he be a bit too similar??

Of course all this is based a CP following someone- we may have made 2+2 = 5, which would be a shame as this would be as good a signing as we could realistically expect

the transfer centre linked us with another young, tall wolves forward. 21 year old Liam Mcalinden

Not sure if this has been noted/mentioned, but Matty Blair has been released by Fleetwood, worth a punt I think. What's your opinions?

Just switching for a moment back to Barratt it would appear that Wimbledon have likely ended their interest. Neil Ardley their Manager said Gills wanted a permanent deal and to not loan him out again! Ardley claimed they ruled it out because it became to complicated and long winded and involved waiting for some reason until the end of the month and even then the Wombles wouldnt know if they were going to get him. Ardley also said Adam knows how hard we tried to keep him!

Not sure if this has been noted/mentioned, but Matty Blair has been released by Fleetwood, worth a punt I think. What's your opinions?

He was released earlier today but has already joined Mansfield till the end of the season.

http://www.expressandstar.com/sport...1/08/wolves-expecting-some-outcasts-to-leave/

As for Cassidy, Jackett added: “I think Notts County will make a move. We’ll be looking to loan him out again, but exactly where I don’t know yet.
“Notts have had quite a number of loans and now they’re assessing how they distribute that money and who they take back.
“There is other loan interest from that level in him, but Notts are interested and Kevin Thelwell (head of football development) will be discussing that with their manager this week.
“I’d very much doubt there’s a chance of a permanent deal.”

Ah, bugger.

I get the feeling it's Cassidy and PB is very keen to keep it quiet- so we don't lose out. Might be wrong but perhaps we should wait the 48 hours and not help alert others... probably not him anyway

Back