• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Jay Smith

rabbloke

Coach
Reading on the official site that Jay Smith is still a long term fixture in Tilly's plans is quite heart warming. He is a great talent and in a world of mercenary board decisions it is great to see the club stand by him. The official site also spoke of the Nic and Che situation and I can only concur with their stance. Talks are ongoing, the club does not want to lose them but as stated about Nic, six weeks ago he would have loved to be offered a contract when he did not even know whether he would figure in next seasons plans. I have faith in Tilly, Brush and the board to get it right!
wink.gif

A point well made. Che had a good season but will he cut it in league 1? Questionable. Nicky seems to think one outstanding play off game gives him bargaining rights. Worth keeping but consistency in his performance will give him more money.

I think Jay deserves a new contract after all the injuries he's been through. He's missed 3 millenium stadium appearances and probably would hav played if he wasnt injured.

Its fantastic news.

Did he ever see the messages of support we posted him?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (OlvisIII @ June 07 2005,15:55)]A point well made.  Che had a good season but will he cut it in league 1?  Questionable.  Nicky seems to think one outstanding play off game gives him bargaining rights.  Worth keeping but consistency in his performance will give him more money.
Che had a great season. He would be able to cut it in league 1. Nicky made one mistake against Oxford and that was it for him until the last few games of the season. He should never have been dropped. We all make mistakes. How can a player be consistant if you don't play him? As for Jay if he can stay fit he is a great player but if he continues to be injured all he is doing is costing the club more and more money.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SuperBlues @ June 07 2005,21:51)]Nicky made one mistake against Oxford and that was it for him until the last few games of the season. He should never have been dropped. We all make mistakes.
As for Nicky, I've just been watching the goals from the beginning of the season... they all seem to come from the right, whilst Nicky was at left back...

wow.gif

thats something I picked up on as well,

especially that goal against Cheltenham where he gets completely done and is then left making a half assed attempt to pull the guy down.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kenny @ June 07 2005,22:19)]thats something I picked up on as well,

especially that goal against Cheltenham where he gets completely done and is then left making a half assed attempt to pull the guy down.
and Bristol Rovers and .......

biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ June 07 2005,22:22)]
[b said:

biggrin.gif
fine well we will have to disagree on that one. If you want the squad that got us promoted and us to get relegated let's get rid of all the players and start again shall we

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SuperBlues @ June 07 2005,22:25)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ June 07 2005,22:22)]
[b said:

biggrin.gif
fine well we will have to disagree on that one. If you want the squad that got us promoted and us to get relegated let's get rid of all the players and start again shall we
ooooooooooooooohhhhhhhh!

Touchy.

Do you disagree that the goals came down our left, because there's video evidence to prove you wrong.

Still, I think Nic is worth another year, but he is not a left back - he has a cultured left foot but even at the end of last year he cost us goals and we need someone more solid at the back.

Good news about Jay.

Wilson - he's had a good season IN COMPARISON TO LAST YEAR! I mean, he was hardly near POTY was he? Last year he was so average and has improved no end since, but is still only solid at best and for the most part just gets on with his job without being spectacular.

Still capable of the odd howler - Wrexham?

Would he cut it in league 1? Hmmm... good squad player I feel. No more than that.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fbm @ June 07 2005,23:12)]Still capable of the odd howler - Wrexham?
I also remember one against Rochdale that luckily went unpunished, he played an awful backpass to Darryl but Rochdale somehow managed to put it over the bar.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BoyWonder2 @ June 07 2005,20:15)]Its fantastic news.

Yes he did, and he really appreciated. In his own words: 'It was quality stuff from the fans'

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I also remember one against Rochdale that luckily went unpunished, he played an awful backpass to Darryl but Rochdale somehow managed to put it over the bar.

In fairness to him, that was one of the few mistakes he made this season. He has been fairly solid throughout, but I agree that he would not make the grade in League 1. Similarly, Nicolau is not a left-back.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Its grim up north! @ June 08 2005,09:45)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (BoyWonder2 @ June 07 2005,20:15)]Its fantastic news.

Yes he did, and he really appreciated. In his own words: 'It was quality stuff from the fans'
Good stuff.

Nicky has never professed to being a left-back. And Che has "cut it" in League 1 previously.

i believe che can and will cut it in league 1 next year. but as for nicky being a left back there is a simple answer - no! anyway going back to jay smith i think if i was him i would be signing a contract for sufc before the ink is dry - southend have stuck by him for almost two years!

Super Cheese Wilson is not and never will be a steady left back - he's a liability and it's only due to the fact that Barrett is left footed that he covers him and bails him out constantly.

Nicky nik is well worth keeping but only as a left middy payer

Back