• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

John Cooper Works Mini

£279.00 exc vat and they swapped the Pirreli run flats off the old wheels at no charge. All done and dusted in 30 minutes.

Edited.....price was wrong. Bought a couple of other bits n bobs, blue valve covers, alloy tax disc etc.

Last edited:
I (obviously) like the Kendo's, but my favourite were the 'Warrior' wheels;

warrior_black.jpg

Unfortunately, i couldn't get them anywhere (in black) for the right price.

£279.00 exc vat and they swapped the Pirreli run flats off the old wheels at no charge. All done and dusted in 30 minutes.

Edited.....price was wrong. Bought a couple of other bits n bobs, blue valve covers, alloy tax disc etc.

**** me Pirreli run flats aint cheap - I use to have Pirreli P6000's on my 406 coupé

Now me R32 have Michelin Pilot Sports

Its pointless having a fast/performance car if your going to stick **** tyres on

not always in life but with tyres you DO GET what you pay for

They do look nice but I went for multi spoke because virtually all the wheels supplied by JCW (£1.628.00 :O) are multi spoke and I think look better.

If you have small brake discs 5 spokes make it look a bit stupid, multi-spoke is the way to go although cleaning can be a sod also be careful if you kerb black alloys as when they chip it will reveal the silver alloy colour underneath, unless you have 3k wheels that are actual black alloy from raw materials instead of a mould

If you have small brake discs 5 spokes make it look a bit stupid, multi-spoke is the way to go although cleaning can be a sod also be careful if you kerb black alloys as when they chip it will reveal the silver alloy colour underneath, unless you have 3k wheels that are actual black alloy from raw materials instead of a mould

Also, chipping said alloys, will enable oxygen to get in there and the rust bubbles will appear in no-time

One of the reasons I went for black with chrome edging is because of that very fact, after being advised by the guy at Rochford Tyres, and guess what, I just kerbed it :D Not badly but a small scuff to the rim. I keep looking for reasons to drive it :D Tell ya what though. JCW accessories ain't cheap by any stretch of the imagination....£70.00 for a gear knob, £75.00 for a chrome bonnet scoop (£149.00 for carbon) £49.00 for door sill runners with the logo (£149.00 for illuminated)

Expensive thing this driving lark :D

Phil

One of the reasons I went for black with chrome edging is because of that very fact, after being advised by the guy at Rochford Tyres, and guess what, I just kerbed it :D Not badly but a small scuff to the rim. I keep looking for reasons to drive it :D Tell ya what though. JCW accessories ain't cheap by any stretch of the imagination....£70.00 for a gear knob, £75.00 for a chrome bonnet scoop (£149.00 for carbon) £49.00 for door sill runners with the logo (£149.00 for illuminated)

Phil

Yeah but it becomes more of a hobby then anything

Phil

Tell me about it, i've shelled out my fair share on accessories.

- £500 - DVD/CD player with 7.5" screen PS3/XBOX compatible
- £250 - JBL 1000w Sub and GTO amplifier
- £100 - Sony Xplod 6x9's
- £150 - Sport Exhaust
- £525 - WolfRace Asia-Tec Kendo Alloys
- £180 - Angel Eye Headlights (fitting incl. in price)
- £400 - Private Number plate
- £80 - Clear Black rear lights
- £20 - Blue Neon Interior lights
- £35 - Smoked indicators
- £35 - Clear reverse/fog lights

Plus a few quid on painting up my drums.

Sad thing is, my car's now probably worth about £2k tops :(

Well, after much deliberation the boy racer, mid life crisis part of my next car choice won and this afternoon I pick my John Cooper Works Mini. I know some of you will consider this foolhardy but to tell the truth...........I DON'T GIVE A FLYING FEK :D

With 211 bhp under my right foot, the blip blip sound coming from the race exhaust, the crisp ultra responsive handling coming from the uprated suspension and brakes I KNOW it's going to take a long long time to wipe the grin off my ugly mug :finger:

I test drove a number of cars, Lexus IS220D, Audi A4 1.8T, Audi A3 TDI, Mercs, BMW's but nothing came remotely close to giving me the same thrill factor.

0 to 60 in 6.4 secs, stunning mid range torque, 142 top end........what more could you ask for with no wife to try and please and no kids to keep quiet in the back?

So, if at the next game you see a middle aged loony with a constant grin on his face you'll know why :p

Phil

All very well but it is not a real Mini Cooper - a friend of mine drives a 60s Mini Cooper with the windscreen message `100% non BMW` - sums it up I think

Last edited:
Tell me about it, i've shelled out my fair share on accessories.

- £500 - DVD/CD player with 7.5" screen PS3/XBOX compatible
- £250 - JBL 1000w Sub and GTO amplifier
- £100 - Sony Xplod 6x9's
- £150 - Sport Exhaust
- £525 - WolfRace Asia-Tec Kendo Alloys
- £180 - Angel Eye Headlights (fitting incl. in price)
- £400 - Private Number plate
- £80 - Clear Black rear lights
- £20 - Blue Neon Interior lights
- £35 - Smoked indicators
- £35 - Clear reverse/fog lights

Plus a few quid on painting up my drums.

Sad thing is, my car's now probably worth about £2k tops :(

£100 - Sony Xplod 6x9's - urghhhh *****

All very well but it is not a real Mini Cooper - a friend of mine drives a 60s Mini Cooper with the windscreen message `100% non BMW` - sums it up I think

Very true but my first ever car was a 1962 Mini Cooper 996 in British racing green, Hopkirk buckets, Minilight 6 spoke wheels and de-seamed. I blew the engine to bits after two weeks ownership, like ya do as seventeen year old, and sold it for £50 which in 1979 was a lot of money back then.

Not a true Cooper I'll grant ya but it's in the spirit of things and after all said and done...............IT'S FUN :D

Phil

Very true but my first ever car was a 1962 Mini Cooper 996 in British racing green, Hopkirk buckets, Minilight 6 spoke wheels and de-seamed. I blew the engine to bits after two weeks ownership, like ya do as seventeen year old, and sold it for £50 which in 1979 was a lot of money back then.

Not a true Cooper I'll grant ya but it's in the spirit of things and after all said and done...............IT'S FUN :D

Phil

How does it feel being a fraud then ;)

When I used to be into all my sound system in my previous car's I used to run Focal speakers and subs with Genesis amps. And I tell you what they used to give me a headache everytime I went on a long away trip.

The Bose system in the Porsche is spot on though, wouldn't have anything else in a car now.

I was going to buy a Scirroco they look the nuts but R32 Golf was faster and thats what made me go with that

Both cars are good, I went for the Scirocco because I got it when they first came out and weren't many about.

You could always get a Scirocco R now Scott. ;)

Back