• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

onlyonekingkevin

Designer
Could be signing before the QPR game , most likely on loan ... not sure why the Saints want him though , he's **** compared to what side they have .

apparently he's very fast

Great news if true. I've always wanted us to sign him right back to when he was playing for Scunthorpe. He would be an excellent signing. Very speedy with good, quick feet. Left footed. Fingers crossed this signing happens.

Just what this side needs.....pace.

Thus far starting 11

Bentley
White prosser phillips coker

Hurst laird atkinson timlin

corr/ Forte??? Eastwood
Thoughts??????
Not overly happy with back four otherwise not too shabby

Thus far starting 11

Bentley

corr/ Forte??? Eastwood
Thoughts??????

A quality centre half and we'll be looking pretty decent.

Thus far starting 11

Bentley

corr/ Forte??? Eastwood
Thoughts??????

defo the best option with our current tool box , think we should sign david cubillas as well though .

quick question , and totally unrelated can you see my profile picture ? lol it doesn't show up on my screen . if not , do you know why ? :smile:

Southampton fan here. Heard this is going to happen too, so you may get your wish.

From a Saints perspective, he's perceived as a bit of a laughing stock amongst fans. Signed by Adkins on a relatively long-term deal and no one has ever wanted him since. Scored two big goals vs MK Dons when we went from 2-0 down to a 3-2 win with a two-minute Forte double and Barnard winner.

What can I tell you about Jonno...

Well - he's blisteringly quick. But, if you're expecting someone with a footballing brain to be arriving, tone those expectations down. He is able to hold his own when shielding the ball and likes to run at the opposition. Has a bit of a habit of being careless and clumsy, but that seems fairly common with fast, forward players.

He's played on 15 occasions for us, scoring 4 goals. 2 in League One, 2 in the League Cup.

He's had a few loan spells since joining us, but none of the teams have ever wanted to keep him on any longer. Notts County he did well for however, bagging 5 in 10 apps.

Not a technical player at all. Very raw but may be useful in League Two.

Hopefully he has a better time of it down here than he has had at Saints. Never got a look in after L1 promotion and since Adkins has gone he's not even been training with the first team squad.

All the best.

Any Q's - fire away.

I just don't understand the financials at our club. Are we skint, or aren't we?

What is making you think that we're not? We have a wage budget for the season. I doubt the club are sitting on a pot of gold.

Hopefully we can get him in, someone who is different to what we have to offer up front. So finger crossed, if you played Fifa 12 online, Southend team have no pace ... So I had to put Straker on left wing!

Would be delighted with him signing. Always looked a handful whenever ive seen him. Reminds me a bit of Wayne Gray.

A pacey striker will do for me. Who cares if he's clumsy. BBBC and Freddy have good footballing brains, and if you add pace to that, we'll be a real threat.

Excellent news ....ive always rated him ...... However i do wish Brown would keep tight lipped about players he wants to sign until the deal is signed + sealed.... Get the player first then talk about him afterwards !!!!!!!!!

"@blackwhitezine: rated him massively, but I'm apparently in a minority. Was devastating in his last loan spell til having his face smashed!"
"one game I remember he appeared to have it all - pace, great passing and awareness, and very strong on the ball too."
"not a transfer window goes by where I haven't hoped we'd sign him."

Sounds like Notts County are quite fond of him.

Excellent news ....ive always rated him ...... However i do wish Brown would keep tight lipped about players he wants to sign until the deal is signed + sealed.... Get the player first then talk about him afterwards !!!!!!!!!

I think Brown would have kept it quiet if the deal was in doubt. Sounds like it's been all but tied up and they just need to wait until they return from Madrid to finalise it. Hope so because we are crying out for a bit of pace and movement up top.

Thus far starting 11

Bentley

corr/ Forte??? Eastwood
Thoughts??????

Can't agree I'm afraid. I can't see that lineup pulling up any trees.

Can't agree I'm afraid. I can't see that lineup pulling up any trees.

Still needs adding to but we have no idea how good other teams are and who would have thought last years line up would have got us in the promotion places pre-christmas.

Personally we do need someone like Forte, ie quick up front and for Corr/Eastwood to be able to deliver.

Id say we also need a new centre half and to bring in Lee if thats still possible.

Back