• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Andyhsufc

Director
Here we go -

Flavs - 6 - Didnt do anything wrong but distribution was a bit messy
Francis - 5.5 - Gave the ball away too much imo and left gaps at the back
Clarke - 6.5 - Steady but has won more headers in a game
Barrett - 6 - Poor for the goal but won stuff in the air
Mulgrew - 6.5 - Worked hard but left space at the back at times with his attacking. Good free kick for bails goal
Gower - 4 - AWFUL
Macca - 8 - Scored a cracking goal and worked hard all game
Bailey - 7.5 - Same as above apart from cracking goal
Black - 7.5 - Worked extremely hard and won the ball on numerous occasions. Also looked more skillful. Improving game on game for me
Revell - 7 - Worked hard all game and is quite good with his feet. Promising
Barnard - 6.5 - Not quite as effective as Revell but worked hard again

Subs

Charlie M - 7 - Did well when came on aand held the ball up well at the end
Scannell - 6 - Had a few nice touches and is promising but still needs a lot of work
Kanu - n/a - Only on for 2mins

Last edited:
agree with most of that, except Black probably a 6.5 and a6 for Clarke because of their first half perofrmances and Revell a 6 for his comedy attempts at heading.

agree with most of that, except Black probably a 6.5 and a6 for Clarke because of their first half perofrmances and Revell a 6 for his comedy attempts at heading.

One that stood out for me was how poor Gower was. Player of the month, you are having a laugh!!

Black was up there with Bailey and Macca as MOM today , he worked hard and is with out doubt the most technically gifted player we have here , and he is startinmg to settle in and show some form .

Have to agree that Gower was poor today , just nothing came off for him and his lack of effort really does show when he is having a off day.

Liked the look of Mulgrew, very composed on the ball and his distribution is tidy , just needs to work on his positioning sense and looks a good replacement for Hammell.

Didn't really know what to make of Revell so will say opinion until i have seen more of him .

Barret again was poor and IMO a big part in the reason we are shipping in all these soft goals .

Black was up there with Bailey and Macca as MOM today , he worked hard and is with out doubt the most technically gifted player we have here , and he is startinmg to settle in and show some form .

Have to agree that Gower was poor today , just nothing came off for him and his lack of effort really does show when he is having a off day.

Liked the look of Mulgrew, very composed on the ball and his distribution is tidy , just needs to work on his positioning sense and looks a good replacement for Hammell.

Didn't really know what to make of Revell so will say opinion until i have seen more of him .

Barret again was poor and IMO a big part in the reason we are shipping in all these soft goals .

This is the problem, though, everyone thinks that Clarkey is the problem but it is Barrett. He has been off the boil for weeks now

[/B]This is the problem, though, everyone thinks that Clarkey is the problem but it is Barrett. He has been off the boil for weeks now

I really do believe that Barrett is the cause but seeing as we won and i'm going out to get w*nkered now, i'll save the rant for another time :p

Liked the look of Mulgrew, very composed on the ball and his distribution is tidy

I thought he looked very shaky. If Hunt had played like that he would have been slated.

Clarke - I know he wears his heart on his sleeve and gives a million percent so you cant criticise him, but why does he trip the keeper and get a yellow? Surely Tilly should be telling this bloke that he must stop giving away stupid fouls.

I think Black has really improved over the last few weeks. Probably our best player today alongside Macca and Bailey. Yeah ok, Gower had a bad game but I thought some of the abuse he was getting was well harsh. There were some very-anti Gower songs coming out at the back of the West. I think he is technically our most gifted player. Yeah, his workrate can sometimes be questionable but I didn't think he deserved some of that abuse.

I thought he looked very shaky. If Hunt had played like that he would have been slated.

Clarke - I know he wears his heart on his sleeve and gives a million percent so you cant criticise him, but why does he trip the keeper and get a yellow? Surely Tilly should be telling this bloke that he must stop giving away stupid fouls.

keeper fell over his foot from where i ws

I think Black has really improved over the last few weeks. Probably our best player today alongside Macca and Bailey. Yeah ok, Gower had a bad game but I thought some of the abuse he was getting was well harsh. There were some very-anti Gower songs coming out at the back of the West. I think he is technically our most gifted player. Yeah, his workrate can sometimes be questionable but I didn't think he deserved some of that abuse.

Have to agree, I thought Black was MOTM today ..he was involved in so many good moves..Gower had a very off day.

Here we go -

Barrett - 6 - Poor for the goal but won stuff in the air
Mulgrew - 6.5 - Worked hard but left space at the back at times with his attacking. Good free kick for bails goal

Wasn't Mulgrew at fault for the goal? Didn't he completely miskick the ball as it came across the goal?

:confused:

I thought Mulgrew's positioning today was very poor but he got better as the game went on. Gower was rubbish and has been for the last couple of games. I would be quite happy for him to be dropped for a couple of weeks to hopefully give him the kick up the ar$e thats needed.

Have to agree, I thought Black was MOTM today ..he was involved in so many good moves..Gower had a very off day.

Jeeeez.....I agree with the older generation....arrrrgh...

I thought Black was one of the best players over the 90 mins. The first half was aweful so thank god they bucked their ideas up in the second.

Bailey, Macca and Black were the best players by far today. The rest, average at best and need to do much more if we are to beat teams like that........

It would be nice to see atleast two successful passes from Clarke aswell....;) His goal last week was probably a pass...:hilarious:

I thought Mulgrew had a 'mare. Completely at fault for turning a harmless punt forward into a goal and gave away the ball time after time. Francis was poor too.

Nothing came off for Gower at all and when that happens we always struggle because he's such a key player for us.

Flavs: 6
Francis:5
Mulgrew: 5
Barrett: 6
Clarke: 6
Gower: 4
Black: 7
Bailey: 7
McCormack: 6
Barnard: 7
Revell:7

I thought Mulgrew had a 'mare. Completely at fault for turning a harmless punt forward into a goal and gave away the ball time after time. Francis was poor too.

Nothing came off for Gower at all and when that happens we always struggle because he's such a key player for us.

Flavs: 6
Francis:5
Mulgrew: 5
Barrett: 6
Clarke: 6
Gower: 4
Black: 7
Bailey: 7
McCormack: 6
Barnard: 7
Revell:7
Got to agree with you about Mulgrew, thought he looked very mediocre, in fact I would prefer Barrett playing there after that performance, He was ball watching for there goal and for some reason decided to go towards barretts defender and let there player run past him to score. Having said that rome was not built bin a day and perhaps he needs a bit more time to find his feet.
Out of the three transfer signing and loanees that played today Barnard is without doubt the best, Revell, runs around an allfull lot giving 100% but on todays performance not much end product. Any one know what happend to kanu?

[/B]This is the problem, though, everyone thinks that Clarkey is the problem but it is Barrett. He has been off the boil for weeks now

Yeah, ever since we gave him a 4 and a half year contract! :rolleyes:

I've been saying this from the day we signed him. One typical incident in the second half. All the defenders pushed up except one playing 5 yards behind the others. Fortunately saved by a poor pass.

Back