• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

StainesShrimper

Youth Team
Well obviously very dissapointed, first half was awful, one of the worst I've seen in a long time. Second half Tilly got the boy's going again and it was all Southend. We could have won 7-2 but somehow we couldn't put the ball in the back of the net.

Their first goal was a good free-kick, Gutts fouled on the edge of the box (capped off a poor 1st half from him) and the second was blatenly a foul as Daryl had to be taken off with blood pouring out his head and needed 5 stiches.

Overall a dissapointing day, but alot of positives to take out of the second half. Sunderland lost again today so lets hope for 3 points next week.

Excellent following today, never stopped singing and completly outsung home fans (not hard to do as they sung for a bout 20 seconds after they scored and then stopped).

My MOM: Adam barrett- was brilliatn today, did just about everything

Shame really but we'll bounce back like we always do and sure we'll get our revenge when they visit us.
smile.gif

For me JCR was MOtM. Given that I consider myself undecided about him, that is a huge compliment.

I thought JCR played well again, but that final ball still isn't being produced. I felt Gower also worked his socks off and was excellent in the second half, and really did well considering Francis had a very poor second half.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (StainesShrimper @ Aug. 12 2006,19:06)]I felt Gower also worked his socks off and was excellent in the second half, and really did well considering Francis had a very poor second half.
I think you mean match?

Get Prior out the side and we'll be fine!
Very poor today, beaten too easily and off the pace.
Clarke needs to be in the side next week.
We'll be fine this season.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Draft Shrimper @ Aug. 12 2006,19:12)]Clarke needs to be in the side next week.
We definitely need somebody else out there to bring a bit of organisation - I hope Clarke is that man. The whole midfield 4 were good today but I still think we're missing a certain spark. The new look team is still gelling though and we were pretty decent again in the second half. I'm sure we'll be OK.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (londonblue @ Aug. 12 2006,19:10)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (StainesShrimper @ Aug. 12 2006,19:06)]I felt Gower also worked his socks off and was excellent in the second half, and really did well considering Francis had a very poor second half.
I think you mean match?
Yeah you're right tbh, but I felt the whole team played poorly in the first half and Francis and Hammel were the only two who didn't really up their game.

Really disappointed and personally thought Francis, Hammell, Guttridge, Prior especially, Bradbury, and Freddie by his own standards, all had very poor games. We gave the ball away too cheaply and I really am surprised that Tilly didn't replace Prior with Clark who surely must start the next game. Adam Barrett was exceptional and had to be in the circumstances. Nice to see Jay Smith warming up and included even though not on the bench. If we had played half as well as we did on Tuesday night at Palace we would almost certainly have come away with the points, but it shows there will be no easy games. Still optimistic and really hope Michael Ricketts is fit soon.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fredheim_holm @ Aug. 12 2006,19:22)]Clarke does seem to fit the bill, and someone tell Luke to take more care with his short passing.
not just luke. misplaced passes throughout the entire side.

Schoolboy errors could be used to describe the mistakes we made in the first half...

It does seem strange that we have a quarter of a million pound player on the bench in Clarke and we only brought Paynter on with 15 mins to go, I would have brought him on after 10 mins in the second half.

Barrett was brilliant today and another busy performance by JCR but I wish he had the confidence to beat that last man rather than stop, faint to jink one way then the other and by that time he has the covering midfield player around him as well as the full back.

Referee was awful but thats nothing new, how can you give a goal when your keeper has a huge cut and claret pouring from his head from a challenge by there forward

Also Freddie for you my son, heading practice next week, learn to keep you eye's open when a cross is coming over.

3 points a must next Saturday now

Think they went into this one thinking they could knock it about as they had done against stoke and palace with pretty triangles. Though rangers played a different type of game, particularly liked Ainsworth, could do with someone like him, strong on the ball and hardworking.
We obviously upped our game in the second half and created a few chances, but overall did not deserve anything from the game because in the first we were not at the races!

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Also Freddie for you my son, heading practice next week, learn to keep you eye's open when a cross is coming over.

Freddie, no practice needed, although some may think he is god but im afraid he's just human.

To be fair he was under lots of pressure on his header.

Was still gutted he missed though
wow.gif

I think today was a wake up call that this season is going to be hard. QPR kept the ball better, they closed down much quicker and they were far more dangerous in front of goal.

Clarke has to start next game, Prior had a mare today, and Guttridge was poor again. JCR was far too predictable. Every time he got the ball he cut inside and I don't think he got one ball into the box. The 2nd half was a slight improvement and we had a few chances to get back into it but QPR completely deserved the win, even though the ref was a complete homer and the 2nd goal shouldn't have stood.

Finally, superb away support today (from the upper end anyway). 2-0 down and we still completely outsung the home crowd.

I couldn't get in the upper (due to deciding to go to the game yesterday) and the lower atmosphere wasn't anything to shout about
biggrin.gif

Disappointing, and I echo much of what's been said already. QPR were deserved victors although if we had our shooting boots on we could even have won it!

It'll be a tough task to stay up this year...

And yes, the atmosphere in the lower was cack, all I could hear were the QPR fans' taunts of 'going straight back down...'

Indeed - general feelings echoed - although interesting to see differing opinions on Barrett.

My thoughts at

Longpier

The 1st half was one of the poorest shows I have seen for a long time. Incapable of stringing 2 passes together and only Daryl keeping us in the game (well only 2-0 down at the break). 2nd half much better which to be fair wasnt going to be hard - how much was down to QPR sitting back though and happen to defend? Never seen Clarke play but based on reviews surely his time has come to start Saturday?

Back