• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Lager

Favourite lager?

• Total voters
Incidentally, I do find that German lager is significantly less likely to give you a severe hangover and I gather that this is down to laws on how many ingredients you can use.

I have to be in a certain mood to drink certain lagers. I drank Stella throughout Uni but rarely touch it now, I drink Carlsberg but only in the Spread on matchday, I'll drink Fosters if I'm not feeling 100%. I probably drink Kronenbourg the most out of that list though. It ticks most of the boxes for me.

I know it's not everyone's cup of tea (although I've never understood the claim that it's weak when it's almost as strong as Stella) but I do like a nice, cold Budweiser, particularly on tap. I live, though, for the day when I'll walk into a pub and see Carling Premier for sale. I used to adore that stuff.

Carling if I'm not drinking, Star, Peroni or Kronenbourg if I am, or Becks in bottles. Both Kronenbourg Blanc and Hoegarden hit the spot on a hot summers day as well.

san miguel.. brilliant all round lager, refreshing, tasty and good after 4 or 5 pints!

Incidentally, I do find that German lager is significantly less likely to give you a severe hangover and I gather that this is down to laws on how many ingredients you can use.

Quite right. German beer is govenment regulated and has to be brewed to set standards that go back over 300 years believe it or not. This means better beer, no chemicals and less severe hangovers.

Quite right. German beer is govenment regulated and has to be brewed to set standards that go back over 300 years believe it or not. This means better beer, no chemicals and less severe hangovers.

but the laws also mean you have to wear particular outfits and drink from only the finest vessels!..
miss_oktoberfest_2004_with_keg.jpg

oktoberfest-girl.jpg

The old purity law, I must admit I did used to like a Holstein Pils or Export, however in the early nineties I moved on to Stella, although I swear it tastes different nowadays and I hardly drink it anymore when in need of lager.

Coors definitely gets my vote, probably because Keystone Light was all I really drank when I was underage, and Coors is just a much better version. Although, I still sometimes go for Keystone when I'm strapped for cash since it's hard to find a better deal than a 30 pack for $12!

Where are the following poll choices?

Force 10
Lynx Super
Crucial brew
LCL super
Bavaria 8.9
Kestrel super

Cyril, my local offie is selling Oranjeboom 8.5% Extra Strong for £1. I bought a can - a pleasant surprise. It's a bit chewy but better than the other extra strong lagers I've tried. Perfectly drinkable and potentially quite dangerous. Sounds up your street!

Cyril, my local offie is selling Oranjeboom 8.5% Extra Strong for £1. I bought a can - a pleasant surprise. It's a bit chewy but better than the other extra strong lagers I've tried. Perfectly drinkable and potentially quite dangerous. Sounds up your street!

Fair play digging this old one out Pubey! Real blast from the past seeing the names of some of those who have posted on it.

Fair play digging this old one out Pubey! Real blast from the past seeing the names of some of those who have posted on it.

I don't think anyone on here will drink an extra strong lager without thinking of Cyril!

Urgh! Did I really vote for that nats **** in 2007? Wow how you change in 7 years.

Back