• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

It looks like revised and slightly bigger plans (eg increased retail floor space - no surprise there) and once again the need to provide impact assessments and get the opinions of both Southend and Rochford councils.

My god, the plans are so different now.

The stadium itself has been rotated 90 degrees, meaning the North stand is now the Main stand, rather than the West.

There are now 45 retail units, all lined up opposite eachother like a high street.

Chuck in the huge cinema outside the away end, the soccer domes, flats outside and in the NW & NE corners of the stadium, hotel, office space etc and this is a project off the scale in terms of size. Vastly bigger and different to the original plans. I will be shocked if this gets the green-light.

Anyone got a link to the plans??

You would have thought that there must have been some "behind the scenes" discussions over what could/should be included, otherwise it's just a waste of time....

If they've submitted the plans I am very surprised there has been no fanfare, and even more surprised the Echo have not spotted it.

The determination deadline is the 20th May. Does that mean that the council have to provide feedback by that date?

As I understand it that is the council's deadline for providing their scoping opinion feedback. It can be extended if both parties agree in writing. The club/agent will then put together an Environmental Impact Assessment, which much be included in any full planning application.

Even if this was being masterminded by a competent property developer, rather than Ron, this would probably mean the full application wouldn't be decided by council until the autumn. Even then, as Smiffy says, this is a significantly bigger scheme than the previous one that gained planning permission a few years back. There's no guarantee it will be passed.

As I understand it that is the council's deadline for providing their scoping opinion feedback. It can be extended if both parties agree in writing. The club/agent will then put together an Environmental Impact Assessment, which much be included in any full planning application.

Even if this was being masterminded by a competent property developer, rather than Ron, this would probably mean the full application wouldn't be decided by council until the autumn. Even then, as Smiffy says, this is a significantly bigger scheme than the previous one that gained planning permission a few years back. There's no guarantee it will be passed.

So basically back to square one. Ron Martin is the world's worst property developer.

Roots hall can't take make much more. It's dieing a slow painful death.

That's what I thought. Thanks for that.

My god, the plans are so different now.

The stadium itself has been rotated 90 degrees, meaning the North stand is now the Main stand, rather than the West.

There are now 45 retail units, all lined up opposite eachother like a high street.

Chuck in the huge cinema outside the away end, the soccer domes, flats outside and in the NW & NE corners of the stadium, hotel, office space etc and this is a project off the scale in terms of size. Vastly bigger and different to the original plans. I will be shocked if this gets the green-light.

Are there any plans to view. Like blue prints etc.

Is the stadium still phased and 22k capacity.

Personally I'd take a 15k stadium now if it meant actually getting it.

Are there any plans to view. Like blue prints etc.

Is the stadium still phased and 22k capacity.

Personally I'd take a 15k stadium now if it meant actually getting it.

Not too much but there's an aerial view at the link posted above if you click on View Documents.

The make up of the Council could well change after the local elections in May. Woodley may not be leader anymore. New councillors will be elected, hopefully most will be sympathetic to the FF plans.

That looks like an increase in the footprint of the total site of close to 50%

We may be some while.......

Agreed.

I can almost hear the editor of the Evening Echo shouting from his open office door... "Hold The Front Page"..... "go with the headline".... "Southend United's New Stadium Further Delayed"...
and some reporter shouting back... "What again?.... can we just copy and paste the same old crap, as we have always done, when it comes to Ron Martins expansion plans?"... "you know the stuff... stadium delayed... but they live in hope"

:smile:

The plans just keep getting bigger. So the exhibition thing at Roots Hall at the start of the season was a waste of time as the new plans are totally different.

Much more use of land in Rochford council area than any previous plans.

We are going to be at Roots Hall for many seasons yet!

They don't look that different to October's exhibition plans to me. A slight increase in residential floorspace and a slight decrease in parking spots, and the actual stadium appears to have moved 90 degrees. Am I missing something?

Plus we never actually put a full planning application in for the exhibition blueprint.

Back