• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Winkle

Manager
I am scared...very scared, because we have just been stuffed by a side who are patched up as beens,with hardly any players to note of worthy class. I am not going to go down the tilly bashing line, but todays result was poor,very very poor.There is no one out there who can convince me that leeds are any better than us, no way, and the fact that they have'nt been able to buy/loan borrow any players up until two weeks ago makes today result even worse.
Going to Elland road was never going to be easy, but after equalising I really did think that we was going to get something out of today.To consede three late goals as we did is embarrasing,truly shocking. Everyone who played out there today needs to have a good look in the mirror because if we carry on playing like this, Div 2 will be our home by christmas.TILLY, YOU HAVE SOME MONEY, GO AND SPEND SOME ON A STRIKER.and before you all say who, there are quite a clubs who would let players go for descent fee.

*gutted*

Easter. If you want a striker. Not everyones cup of tea, and to be honest i don't particularly like him and have slated him on here before but he's what this club has been crying out for.

Go and buy a striker, so we can lose 4-2 instead of 4-1.

That is assuming if anyone gives this striker service.

and before you all say who, there are quite a clubs who would let players go for descent fee.

Excellent news. Can you let us know who the clubs and players are. Plus could you let us all know how you know this?

Plus Leeds have some players who are simply going to be awesome in this league. Flo and Thompson being the first two who spring to mind.

Once again YB you are right. Sounds absurd but why not see how this liptak bloke does. BBC had him him down as our most influential players in the preview, he must be a good player.

Flo, Thompson & Prutton will probably be on more money between them than our entire 16 man squad today. It's a disgrace that Leeds can throw money at players when they are in the financial mess that they are in.

Excellent news. Can you let us know who the clubs and players are. Plus could you let us all know how you know this?

Players that I think we could get!
Grant Holt, Luke becket, Darren byfeild,Jermaine Easter,Wayne Andrews. Pawell Abbott, Michael Bridges....

too be honest i think the defence needs sorting 1st....we should have lost on Tuesday before the penalty on a couple of occassions it was like keystone cops in our box and Cheltenham failed to capitalise...decent strikers will

Plus Leeds have some players who are simply going to be awesome in this league. Flo and Thompson being the first two who spring to mind.
Really, You say flo and thompson probably because they scored against us today, but come on, they used to be very good players but they will not do it over the whole season.The fact is anyone could have scored against us today by the sounds of it even tilly said that if we continue to give the ball away in certain areas, we will get punished!
To score goals against any side I.M.O. breeds confidence ,from the defence upwards but our back four must just must keep thinking its never goin to happen, and this causes us to make silly mistakes .I am preety confident that if we can go two goals up in a game then we will win it, but when we keep nicking a goal and trying to play for a draw we enevitably loose it

2004-2005 Season we had 2 points from the 1st 5 games, but we still managed promotion. Its a marathon not a sprint!

well go on then barry big bollox, you obviously have the answers then, go on enlighten me...................

Players that I think we could get!
Grant Holt, Luke becket, Darren byfeild,Jermaine Easter,Wayne Andrews. Pawell Abbott, Michael Bridges....

No chance, no chance, wants to move North, possibility, rubbish, no chance, no chance.

Hardly a list which screams "Tilson what're you playing at?!" is it?

Christ, you've lost to your bogey team and a side full of ex-Premiership players and there's already a whole load of imploding on here.

No wonder managers/chairmen "never listen to the fans"...

No chance, no chance, wants to move North, possibility, rubbish, no chance, no chance.

Christ, you've lost to your bogey team and a side full of ex-Premiership players and there's already a whole load of imploding on here.

Indeed, smart money says we'll still finish above Orient and that won't be near the relegation zone.

The real question is how much smart money there is on here!

You know that it's come to something when the person with the most perspective on the board is an orient fan.

That list of players is a list of players who are either Northerners through and through, have turned us down in the past, have just moved this summer, are crap or are way out of our price range once you throw in wages (Holt). The one expection is Jermaine Easter who I'm starting to hope that we sign just so that people will stop going on about him.

Before the fixtures came out if I had to guess which home game we'd have the least chance of getting three points in I'd have said Orient and if I'd had to guess which away game we'd have the least chance of getting three points in I'd have said Leeds. Millwall and Brighton - two sides who should be in and around the top half by May, will be a truer reflection of where we are.

well go on then barry big bollox, you obviously have the answers then, go on enlighten me...................

What do you mean big bollocks. Read my post properly.

I do NOT have the answers which is why I was asking for Winkle to let us know where the 20-30 goal a year striker was coming from.

Last edited:
Really, You say flo and thompson probably because they scored against us today

Would you have been disapointed if we had signed either of these two players in pre season?

in fact do any of our pre season signings come close?

too be honest i think the defence needs sorting 1st....we should have lost on Tuesday before the penalty on a couple of occassions it was like keystone cops in our box and Cheltenham failed to capitalise...decent strikers will
Agree. Not that happy with our forwards, but defencivly,we are a mess, that needs urgent attention first.

in fact do any of our pre season signings come close?
What I find most annoying is the constant diatribe we had last season when we were down to the barest of bones on numbers but failed to find any remotely suitable players was that they wouldn't bring in anyone "unless they're better than we've already got".

So in the close season we do what we all wanted which is to bulk up the numbers & what do we get this year? Same old, same old. Bailey wouldn't have started until hell froze over instead of Maher, had Cpt Crab not been injured, and would we have signed Gilbert if Francis had been fit to start the season.

The effect of our new signings? Mmmmm, not one of them an automatic 1st choice? In fact, even given his disappointing form last season due IMO to the injury he sustained the previous year, woud we really prefer Lipstick or Richards as our 3rd choice centre half in stead of Efe? Not having the greatest start at the Gills but who knows what they're really like.

I'm terribly confused & unfortunately so I fear are the management. Last time we got relegated a bunch of players used to losing in the 2nd tier continued to lose in the 3rd tier. Turning round that dispiriting run of form isn't as easy as a lot of you, quoters of "automatic promotion, playoffs at the outside, definitely in the top 10!", think. It's going to be a rocky ride but some of our new boys have to be given a chance otherwise why sign them?

Back