• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Loan regulations

So have I missed anyone out?

Short term (max of 12) - Heath, White, Friend, O'Donovan, Morrison, Ibhere, Baldwin, Vernon
Long term (max of 4) - M'voto (x2?), Sawyer, Malone

Also what are the status of the youth team players, do Bentley and Asante count as work experience?

Last edited:
So have I missed anyone out?

Short term (max of 12) - Heath, White, Friend, O'Donovan, Morrison, Baldwin, Vernon
Long term (max of 4) - M'voto (x2?), Sawyer, Malone

Also what are the status of the youth team players, do Bentley and Asante count as work experience?

Short term - Ibhere :'(

Vernon and Baldwin will be short term -93 days will take us up to the 2nd of May
I would guess Malone is long term

The OS has Malone, Vernon and Baldwin as on loan to the end of the season, ie 8th May which is more than 93 days for all three of them. If the OS is accurate then doesn't that make them all long term loans and so only two can be on the team sheet? It's a bit of a minefield these rules and regs, I hope the club are on top of them.

The OS has Malone, Vernon and Baldwin as on loan to the end of the season, ie 8th May which is more than 93 days for all three of them. If the OS is accurate then doesn't that make them all long term loans and so only two can be on the team sheet? It's a bit of a minefield these rules and regs, I hope the club are on top of them.

Since when has precision been a feature of the OS ?

...Also what are the status of the youth team players, do Bentley and Asante count as work experience?

So far as I can tell, the club's own scholars do not count as work experience players as they are registered with the Club in the Football League.

I believe this is covered by the definition on page 607 of the FA Standardised Rules:
“Work Experience Player” means a Player whose registration is held by a competition other than the Competition [in this case The Football League] and is registered under a Scholarship. The Club taking the Player on work experience will register the Player Non Contract with a league in which they take part to fulfill the football element of the Scholarship, not the educational part.

This is confirmed by Rule C 3 (a) (v) of the Rules & Regulations of the FA:
A Player who is registered on a Scholarship may play for another Club subject to the written approval of the Club for which the Player is registered. A copy of the written permission must be received by The Association, the league or combination of which the Club is a member, the Player and the Club for which the Player is to play. A Club may not play more than two such Players in any match at first team level.

So far as I can tell, the club's own scholars do not count as work experience players as they are registered with the Club in the Football League.

I believe this is covered by the definition on page 607 of the FA Standardised Rules:
“Work Experience Player” means a Player whose registration is held by a competition other than the Competition [in this case The Football League] and is registered under a Scholarship. The Club taking the Player on work experience will register the Player Non Contract with a league in which they take part to fulfi ll the football element of the Scholarship, not the educational part.

This is confirmed by Rule C 3 (a) (v) of the Rules & Regulations of the FA:
A Player who is registered on a Scholarship may play for another Club subject to the written approval of the Club for which the Player is registered. A copy of the written permission must be received by The Association, the league or combination of which the Club is a member, the Player and the Club for which the Player is to play. A Club may not play more than two such Players in any match at first team level.

Will not our YTS players be registered with another competition other than the Football League - namely whatever competition it is they play in? They are registered under a scholarship. They don't have pro contracts, so they presumably appear in the Football League on a non-contract basis.

Will not our YTS players be registered with another competition other than the Football League - namely whatever competition it is they play in? They are registered under a scholarship. They don't have pro contracts, so they presumably appear in the Football League on a non-contract basis.

The competition that the Under-18s compete in is the Football League Youth Alliance, and all scholars are registered with the Football League, which is somewhat ambiguously covered by Rule 10 of the FLYA below.

Page 69 of the Football League Youth Alliance Handbook 2009/10:
10 Player Registrations
10.1 (a) Subject to Rule 10.1 (b) below, only Players who are under 18 years of age as at 31st August in the current Season will be eligible to play in The Football League Youth Alliance.
(b) Clubs may include on their teamsheet for any match up to two players over the age of 18 provided always that such players are:
(i) registered with The Football League as a Scholar; and
(ii) under 19 years of age as at 31st August in the current season

10.2 Players registered with The Football League, The Premier League, Central League and Football Combination will automatically be registered to play in The Football League Youth Alliance, provided they comply with Rule 10.1 (a). Clubs wishing to sign other players (e.g. players from non-league Clubs signed on trial or players signed under FA Rule C (1) must use the non-first team registration form which must be signed by the player (such signature to be witnessed by a second person), and registered and approved before he plays. If a Club wishes to register a player on the day of a match it can do so by transmitting the completed non-first team registration form by facsimile to the Executive. Such facsimile transmission must be received by the Executive not less than 30 minutes prior to the official kick-off time. The original non-first team registration form must then be posted to the Executive so that it is received within 3 days of the match being played.

10.3 Any club failing to comply with the above rule shall incur a specified penalty detailed below:
1st offence - £50
2nd offence - £100
3rd offence - £150

10.4 A Club may pay bonuses in accordance with the contractual agreement made with individual players and lodged with The Football League.

I think another important point is that which can be gathered by FA Rule C3 (a) (v) in that the work experience aspect is gained by going to another club - like when you're at school and you get work experience by going into an outside company, I guess.

As I understand it, there is merely a rubber-stamping process to make sure that a scholar can play for the first-team, but they would not be counted as work experience as they are contracted to the Club (just not on a first-team contract!).

The competition that the Under-18s compete in is the Football League Youth Alliance, and all scholars are registered with the Football League, which is somewhat ambiguously covered by Rule 10 of the FLYA below.

Page 69 of the Football League Youth Alliance Handbook 2009/10:
10 Player Registrations
10.1 (a) Subject to Rule 10.1 (b) below, only Players who are under 18 years of age as at 31st August in the current Season will be eligible to play in The Football League Youth Alliance.
(b) Clubs may include on their teamsheet for any match up to two players over the age of 18 provided always that such players are:
(i) registered with The Football League as a Scholar; and
(ii) under 19 years of age as at 31st August in the current season

10.2 Players registered with The Football League, The Premier League, Central League and Football Combination will automatically be registered to play in The Football League Youth Alliance, provided they comply with Rule 10.1 (a). Clubs wishing to sign other players (e.g. players from non-league Clubs signed on trial or players signed under FA Rule C (1) must use the non-first team registration form which must be signed by the player (such signature to be witnessed by a second person), and registered and approved before he plays. If a Club wishes to register a player on the day of a match it can do so by transmitting the completed non-first team registration form by facsimile to the Executive. Such facsimile transmission must be received by the Executive not less than 30 minutes prior to the official kick-off time. The original non-first team registration form must then be posted to the Executive so that it is received within 3 days of the match being played.

10.3 Any club failing to comply with the above rule shall incur a specified penalty detailed below:
1st offence - £50
2nd offence - £100
3rd offence - £150

10.4 A Club may pay bonuses in accordance with the contractual agreement made with individual players and lodged with The Football League.

I think another important point is that which can be gathered by FA Rule C3 (a) (v) in that the work experience aspect is gained by going to another club - like when you're at school and you get work experience by going into an outside company, I guess.

As I understand it, there is merely a rubber-stamping process to make sure that a scholar can play for the first-team, but they would not be counted as work experience as they are contracted to the Club (just not on a first-team contract!).

Good stuff Rob, the FA should really employ you.

Looks like the Football League does operate different regulations to the FA.

Just looked up the rules on the Football League website - this is what they say:

47.3.1 A maximum of 5 loan Players (either Short Term or Long Term) can be named in the sixteen Players listed on a team sheet for any individual Match. This figure shall include any additional loan of a goalkeeper approved by the Executive under the provisions of Regulation 49.

So provided the new 'keeper isn't counted as a loanee (guess he isn't seeing as he's without a club!) then we're OK - all 5 can play.

Here's a link to all the surrounding stuff about what constitutes what type of loan etc. Page 16 of the PDF document if you're interested!

http://www.football-league.co.uk/staticFiles/78/3/0,,10794~888,00.pdf

Phew!

The new keeper is on a non-contract basis so, in theory, shouldn't count as a loanee.

Glad that clears it up... On paper we have a thoroughly strong squad for Saturday and one more than capable of not only winning this game, but staying up comfortably.

Back