• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

London restaurant recommendations

Pubey

Heading to London next weekend to watch Kate Bush. First weekend away for a while and looking for somewhere nice to get a decent bite to eat. We're staying in East London and the gig is in West London so somewhere central to eat would be great, especially where there is a good pub or bar near by.

Not a chain, not really expensive and where you can eat at about 5/5.30. This probably limits us to pre-theatre places I guess?

Any help greened. Thanks xx

Have eaten in London theater land many times , I have found that Browns in Covent Garden very good , also the Med Cafe in Berwick Street very good ,but even some of the pubs in Soho offer good food ,but if you like kebabs Edgware Road is the place to go and The Palm Palace takes a lot of beating .

Heading to London next weekend to watch Kate Bush. First weekend away for a while and looking for somewhere nice to get a decent bite to eat. We're staying in East London and the gig is in West London so somewhere central to eat would be great, especially where there is a good pub or bar near by.

Not a chain, not really expensive and where you can eat at about 5/5.30. This probably limits us to pre-theatre places I guess?

There's a really good McDonalds on Tottenham Court Road.

As you know, we're playing Pompey that day.

Are you another one of those sad types who boycotts Roots Hall these days?

As you know, we're playing Pompey that day.

Are you another one of those sad types who boycotts Roots Hall these days?
Stop diverting this thread. We can't get down to Essex for numerous boring childcare reasons. Stop being a ********.

No, I imagine that he's got tickets to see Kate Bush. :facepalm:

It's perfectly possible to see a game at RH on a Saurday pm and get up to town for a show/gig afterwards.

Stop diverting this thread. We can't get down to Essex for numerous boring childcare reasons. Stop being a ********.

No need to be rude.It was a genuine question.

Sorry, I'd forgotten about your kid.Hope you enjoy the show.

If you like Youngs pubs and good food I'd recommend this place in Covent Garden (restaurant upstairs).

http://www.themarquess.co.uk/

Very handy for the Central Line.

"Thread: London restaurant recommendations
stop being a bellend."

Charming.

May I remind you that your original post promised "Any help greened" rather than red.

If you hear of a better pub restaurant in Central London than The Marquess,I'd like to know about it.

"Thread: London restaurant recommendations
stop being a bellend."

Charming.

May I remind you that your original post promised "Any help greened" rather than red.

If you hear of a better pub restaurant in Central London than The Marquess,I'd like to know about it.

Your post wasn't helpful.

You took a very simple request for any restaurant recommendations, and accused me of potentially boycotting SUFC matches. Something which isn't true and I take offence at. I wish I could get to more games than I do but with a young family and being 200 miles away it's just not possible at the moment.

And now you're moaning at rep - congratulations.

Thanks to everyone else for the useful posts and recommendations. Mrs Pubey has been to Kettners quite recently. The other places sound promising and I'll try and get a table.

Back