• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

2-0 to the mighty Blues. Hall and Harris to score. The Creepies to be held to a surprising draw, will see us back in our rightful position! :winking:

cold wet windy northern field but another club with a tiny support and a club that if they are in the top half of div 4 are playing above their level. Another win I reckon. And we need to finish top at the end of the season because this team should be second to no one. Only time I went to Mac we lost 1-0 and I was screaming at Danny Webb - these are different times, 3 points please.

Bilel: I'll play anywhere for Blues

SOUTHEND United’s Bilel Mohsni is ready to face Macclesfield Town tomorrow - whatever position he is picked in.

More...

Id love it if maybe with 2 or 3 games to go we have wrapped up promotion, just stick Bil in goal for a game, I think it would be the most entertaining thing ever! He'd probably be pretty good too.

I went to watch training on Monday, and the players had finished and were warming down before going into the clubhouse for dinner. But not for Bilel, as he suddenly did Four sprints the length of the pitch. Suprised me as they all had a very intensive training session followed by a very competitive half pitch football game. Where does that guy get the energy and stamina from?
Legend in the making.

Absolutely loved him celebrating in front of the fans on Tuesday night and shaking that guy's hand. His teammates were furious coz they wanted him to focus on the game but it was hilarious.

Interesting stat:

We have scored 1st in 11 of our 15 games so far.

We have gone on to win 10 of those and drawing just the 1 (Northampton)

Let's hope we take the lead tomorrow then!

Macc also have quite a lot of injury/suspension problems, so they are not at full strength by any means.

BUT....

They are unbeaten in 5. But also unbeaten in 7 straight games at home!

They have also gone in for their half time oranges drawing, in 10 of their 15 games so far.

They also have only conceeded 14 goals so far. The same as us. Only Oxford boast a meaner defence. And at home they have let in just 4 in their 8 games. Joint best in the league.

So make no mistake. This is a real test. Particularly in the first 45 minutes.

Patience will be needed in this one I feel. They could be a very frustrating and tough nut to crack.

And you know what. I think a draw would be a decent result.

Last edited:
Whats all this take a draw bollocks before we have even started.

Lets go up there and have it with them. We are 2nd they are 8th so if anyone should be pleased for a draw its them.

Whats all this take a draw bollocks before we have even started.

Lets go up there and have it with them. We are 2nd they are 8th so if anyone should be pleased for a draw its them.

Haha.

That is true Dave.

I don't for one minute think we will go there looking for a draw. That does not seem to be our way.

But a point there would not be a bad one. And the stats would agree.

Back