• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

shrimpereeee

First XI
Without doubt he was man of the match and worth the admission money alone. What a plonker. If he carries on like that on the touchline for much longer he'll end up having a coronary.

Seriously, how can his players express themselves and play without fear when he's screaming, shouting, kicking every ball and directing from the sidelines. At one point today, just after taking his tie off, both Tilly and Brush were in stitches at his antics.

I remember Tilly on the radio some time ago being questioned about his apparent lack of passion during the matches when things weren't going so well. He answered by saying that the players were well prepared, knew what they should be doing and nothing beneficial could be gained by jumping up and down berating the players.

Having witnessed Allen's behaviour today and the negative effect it has on his team thank god for Tilly and Brush.

He's always been like that...

I distinctly remember him going irate as Brentford boss when we gave them a 4-1 hiding at RH despite them being highly fancied. In the end, he just sat in his seat in a sulk after being told to shut up by the 4th official

**** of the highest order is that man.

Allens name has always been banded about on here as a suggested replacement for Tilly if anything was to happen. I don't see what qualities he would bring, his CV doesn't seem to be getting any better either.

I distinctly remember him going irate as Brentford boss when we gave them a 4-1 hiding at RH despite them being highly fancied. In the end, he just sat in his seat in a sulk after being told to shut up by the 4th official

Funniest was at halftime, the Brentford players came back onto the pitch early for the 2nd half/ They stood around chatting and then Allen appeared and started barking at them. Cue the Brentford players running around like headless chickens to get warmed up again.

Not all the ticket,that poor excuse for a manager,a complete ******.

When players are being shotuted at like that at by their manager, haw are you able to concentrate on playing your game? Like Tilly said, "nothing beneficial could be gained by jumping up and down berating the players" and Tilly is absalutely right imo.

When players are being shotuted at like that at by their manager, haw are you able to concentrate on playing your game? Like Tilly said, "nothing beneficial could be gained by jumping up and down berating the players" and Tilly is absalutely right imo.

...ah, but many on here identify such behaviour as "passion" personally I think we are better off with our current dispassionate manager.

However I will be fair to Allen, after we hammered Brentford 4-1 he was very gracious in the way he accepted defeat, and adapted very well tactically as Brentford beat us 2-0 a few weeks later.

I've always liked Mad Dog, wears his heart on his sleeve and calls a spade a spade. Got alot of time for him, and dont forget he was on loan to us as a player many years ago.

Thing is though, Barry Fry was no different to him when he was manager of us. I like a manager with passion, and a will to encourage his players.

There's only one Mad Dog.

He does get stick from opposing fans for being so 'out there', but for me, today said everything about the kind of man he is.

Last game of the season, Cheltenham were already relegated, absolutely nothing to play for, but for him to have that much commitment, desire, and will to win was incredible - If I was a player, I couldn't help but be motivated if my manager displayed those kind of qualities. He is an out and out top bloke, and as fiery as he is on the touchline, he is an absolute gent off the field - and did you noticed he shook hands, and patted the backs of every one of his players at half time, and at full time - He also, I believe, patted Scannell on the back when he came on.

He's a winner, and someone who will not accept anything less than 100% - Cheltenham were doomed when he took over, but I am sure they will bounce back if he's in charge next season.

He does get stick from opposing fans for being so 'out there', but for me, today said everything about the kind of man he is.

Last game of the season, Cheltenham were already relegated, absolutely nothing to play for, but for him to have that much commitment, desire, and will to win was incredible - If I was a player, I couldn't help but be motivated if my manager displayed those kind of qualities. He is an out and out top bloke, and as fiery as he is on the touchline, he is an absolute gent off the field - and did you noticed he shook hands, and patted the backs of every one of his players at half time, and at full time - He also, I believe, patted Scannell on the back when he came on.

He's a winner, and someone who will not accept anything less than 100% - Cheltenham were doomed when he took over, but I am sure they will bounce back if he's in charge next season.

Superb post!

A great description of the man that is Mad Dog!

But he isn't. He got Brentford into the play offs a couple of times, but never promoted. I can't remember what he did at Franchise FC but they weren't promoted, and at Leicester he lasted 4 games. And it may have escaped your notice that a Cheltenham side he has been manager of since September has just been relegated, hardly a winner.

But he isn't. He got Brentford into the play offs a couple of times, but never promoted. I can't remember what he did at Franchise FC but they weren't promoted, and at Leicester he lasted 4 games. And it may have escaped your notice that a Cheltenham side he has been manager of since September has just been relegated, hardly a winner.

Hasn't escaped my noticed at all - but do you not think it's a little too simplistic to say he's manager of a team that got relegared? I believe the entire first team were up for sale not long after he joined as they couldn't afford to keep them!!

At Leicester he was fired by an over zealous Mandaric, when they were doing OK - I doubt they would have been relegated if he was in charge.

As for Brentford.... Well, look where they went after he left......??

I am happy to take your word on his credentials as a top bloke, but as a manager I have my serious doubts. A tenner to Little Havens says that he won't take them back up next season - are you willing to match the bet, RC?

:)

As for Brentford.... Well, look where they went after he left......??[/QUOTE]

Yup just about to be promoted.

Hasn't escaped my noticed at all - but do you not think it's a little too simplistic to say he's manager of a team that got relegared? I believe the entire first team were up for sale not long after he joined as they couldn't afford to keep them!!

At Leicester he was fired by an over zealous Mandaric, when they were doing OK - I doubt they would have been relegated if he was in charge.

As for Brentford.... Well, look where they went after he left......??

Possibly, but isn't it simplistic to say he's a winner when he isn't? I can't comment on the Leicester situation as we'll never know. But one thing I am sure about is that players don't appreciate being yelled and harangued by someone acting like a manic marionette on the touchline.

I am happy to take your word on his credentials as a top bloke, but as a manager I have my serious doubts. A tenner to Little Havens says that he won't take them back up next season - are you willing to match the bet, RC?

:)

Given your incredible skills at retreiving old posts, no way I can get out of this if I agree eh?.... Go on then, you're on..... with the exception that he is in charge come August next season.

Given your incredible skills at retreiving old posts, no way I can get out of this if I agree eh?.... Go on then, you're on..... with the exception that he is in charge come August next season.

Good man! If Mad Dog is in charge of Cheltenham at the start of the season, the bet is on with Little Havens winning, whatever the outcome. Can't be bad.

:clap:

Back