• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

At Leicester he was fired by an over zealous Mandaric, when they were doing OK - I doubt they would have been relegated if he was in charge.
According to a Leicester fan I know, Allen lost the dressing room there within weeks of his arrival, which is why he was sacked. I thought they were in the relegation zone at the time of his departure, though I could be wrong.

anyone else wee the notes he was passing to the players around the pitch. so funny to see the players passing it around to one another and then to chuck it on the pitch once finished. then to hear a lady shout 'they just gone and chucked it now, thats litering. :)

He reminded me of that recent Ray Winestone advert for the FA the shouting no it all Dad/Manager. When he tore his tie off i wondered what was coming next, def needs a chill pill

He does get stick from opposing fans for being so 'out there', but for me, today said everything about the kind of man he is.

Last game of the season, Cheltenham were already relegated, absolutely nothing to play for, but for him to have that much commitment, desire, and will to win was incredible - If I was a player, I couldn't help but be motivated if my manager displayed those kind of qualities. He is an out and out top bloke, and as fiery as he is on the touchline, he is an absolute gent off the field - and did you noticed he shook hands, and patted the backs of every one of his players at half time, and at full time - He also, I believe, patted Scannell on the back when he came on.

He's a winner, and someone who will not accept anything less than 100% - Cheltenham were doomed when he took over, but I am sure they will bounce back if he's in charge next season.

I agree, dont think we should be too harsh on the guy. After all it would be boring if everyone was the same so no harm in being 'different' and after all a thread has been started on him so it gives us something to talk about. He is entertaining.

Also unlike some, he was very complimentary when we beat Brentford 4-1 in our title year and in the return fixture he simply started his programme notes 'welcome to the best team in the league'

Whilst he hasn't been a winner I would say that getting Brentford to 2 play offs in this league is pretty good.

Not Tilly's style at all, and couldn't honestly see our fans taking to it if he was our manager, but always enjoy watching him! Heart attack waiting to happen though I should think.

Back