• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Mahers vs East Black Supporter

that man deserves a good public kicking

he be a contender for taxi next on soccer am next week!!!

The man's quite clearly a pillock, has publicly humiliated himself and has the contempt of a fair few SUFC fans. I'd rather have taken a point than possibly none if they had gone up the other end and scored.

Dave,

perhaps you'll also tell us why Freddy reacted as he did and got himself sent off for violent conduct thus missing three games?

I was pretty stunned to find a mass gathering at the entrance to the East when I came out the ground. Even more so that after 10 minutes or so or waiting and singing "one Maher 8" the crowd filtered back in clearly looking for this bloke.

I'm personally glad that finally the moaning ******* are being stood up to. Quite how on earth someone finds a just cause to berate OUR players for trying to save a point with 10 men I don't know. The man's obviously a complete tool.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (statski77 @ Aug. 20 2005,18:59)]that man deserves a good public kicking

he be a contender for taxi next on soccer am next week!!!
But we didn't keep the ball in the corner, we lost possesion anyway.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TerryintheWest @ Aug. 20 2005,19:12)]Dave,

perhaps you'll also tell us why Freddy reacted as he did and got himself sent off for violent conduct thus missing three games?
Have to say Terry, Freddy did deserve to get sent off, but it was out of character for him
rock.gif

From what I understand retribution was duly metered out. I suppose given even our relatively modest fan base we will have one or two 'thickos' who fail to see the bigger picture.

I personally don't agree with the 'Freddy had to go' theory. It was nothing, absolutely nothing. You see it week in week out and nothing happens, it wasn't even a forceful push. Common sense needs to be brought in. A yellow and a quiet calm it down is all that's needed. The game very nearly boiled well over all because the Ref decided he wanted the spotlight.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Have to say Terry, Freddy did deserve to get sent off, but it was out of character for him

I saw the incident from the first push onwards but what happened to kick things off?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy_S @ Aug. 20 2005,19:24)]I personally don't agree with the 'Freddy had to go' theory. It was nothing, absolutely nothing. You see it week in week out and nothing happens, it wasn't even a forceful push. Common sense needs to be brought in. A yellow and a quiet calm it down is all that's needed. The game very nearly boiled well over all because the Ref decided he wanted the spotlight.
Spot on, it was two soft shoves in the chest with one hand as the guy kept walking towards Eastwood. You see it in every single game and I was stunned he got carded.

Can we appeal this type of sending off, or are all 'violent conduct' (
rock.gif
) reds non-appealable?

It is a hard one to call, Freddy was very silly to confront the player and push him, however I also felt a yellow and a stern warning would have been sufficient. After all the hands were to his chest not to his face, it was just handbags and could not be considered violent conduct unlike minutes later when the Ref misses a deliberate elbow by a Huddersfield player.

Maher actually got away with a sly elbow right in front of me just after Freddy was sent off when the game was threatning to explode. The ref saw it but let it go due to Huddersfield still having the ball. In other words he completely bottled it because he didn't want to send another one off.

That bloke in the East was a total p%&*k. Fancy having a go at any of our players in that fashion, let alone the clear MOM, captain of our promoted side and team that had just dug out a reasonably decent result with 10 men against a tough side!

I f%&king wonder about our 'fans' some times. What with the t%&ts at Walsall last week slagging Wilson off...

Well done to Tilly for confronting the guy too and also for Super Kev for the sarcastic gesture and running back to give him the MOM award - as if to say "f%&k YOU".... I'd have loved to have been closer to see it...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ Aug. 20 2005,17:59)]Why should be hold the ball in the corner when here at home for gods sake!
Could this possibly be that after playing their hearts out for 90 plus minutes and being robbed of a well deserved victory by two moments of utter stupidity that a point against a quality team was a much better option than going for gold and getting caught on the break.

I was dumbstruck when the two centre halves went steaming into the box after we'd been awarded the kick. Edwards, at least, should have known better.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Aug. 20 2005,20:00)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ Aug. 20 2005,17:59)]Why should be hold the ball in the corner when here at home for gods sake!
Could this possibly be that after playing their hearts out for 90 plus minutes and being robbed of a well deserved victory by two moments of utter stupidity that a point against a quality team was a much better option than going for gold and getting caught on the break.

I was dumbstruck when the two centre halves went steaming into the box after we'd been awarded the kick. Edwards, at least, should have known better.
Too be fair, I watched them come up and they both glanced over to the bench and got no indication whether to stick or bust... Edwards maybe should know better, but hey, no harm done now.

from where i was sitting the goat was with maher keeping the ball in the corner. why wasnt he slated ? its the same story have a go at kev at all costs with some people. myself i was more than happy to see kev and the goat run it into the corner and keep it there

Agree 100%. The bloke has no right to express any form of opinion other than that of the majority. Let's hope he got a good kicking from the angry mob. Perhaps, we should have him shot?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (seenyeva kryevyetka @ Aug. 20 2005,21:20)]Agree 100%. The bloke has no right to express any form of opinion other than that of the majority. Let's hope he got a good kicking from the angry mob. Perhaps, we should have him shot?
Was his opinion somewhat invalidated by the use of the word "******" when addressing K3vin Maher?

WS

glare.gif

Yep, let's just bask in a magnificent performance from Captain fantastic
biggrin.gif

My ratings as follows

Midget 8 - Faultless and decisive display
KnobCheese 1 - I don't care how good he was for the rest of the match. One moment of sheer stupidity when we should have all been smugly puffing our half time B+Hs
Jupp - Hopefully not a serious injury
Hunt 8 - Classy and comfortable performance
Barrett 7 - Maybe a tad harsh. Did what was necessary
Eagle 8.5 - Awesome display and a threat going forwards as well.
Gower 7.5 - Great performance, almost back to his best and worked hard on the weakest part of his game (defensively)
Pettefer 7.5 - An unsung hero again. What he lacks in width and guile going forwards he more than makes up for in other areas
Gutteridge 8 - ORM is very impressed
Maher 9 - Words almost fail me. Sheer quality.
Gray 8.5 - In the form of his life. Give him the ball to feet and he'll deliver the goods
Eastwood 4 - Forget the sending off, first touch woeful and yet again demonstrated his Drewe like talent for gifting the ball to the opposition. I know this will upset a lot of people but I'm beginning to see why Wet Spam rejected him.
Goat/Bents - Did what was asked of them when they came on

And finally some words for Tilly and Brush. Tactics spot on in the first half and again in the second with both the substitutions.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ Aug. 20 2005,20:27)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (seenyeva kryevyetka @ Aug. 20 2005,21:20)]Agree 100%. The bloke has no right to express any form of opinion other than that of the majority. Let's hope he got a good kicking from the angry mob. Perhaps, we should have him shot?
Was his opinion somewhat invalidated by the use of the word "******" when addressing Maher 8?

WS

glare.gif
Maybe so. So he deserves a good kicking for it, doesn't he?

Back