• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Rayleigh boy

Director⭐
I prefer watching the football than worrying too much about
how a club is run but looking at what the Chairman says about the contracts -

"all the terms have been reviewed, not just the length, all the financial terms which will now compare with most Championship clubs"

it looks like the management have got a decent rise for
Christmas. Good on them.

But reading between the lines it looks as if the management were not already on "Championship" wages. A bad mistake.

Perhaps this should have been sorted out earlier - perhaps it might have stopped any bad feeling building up - particularly if richer clubs (Norwich) were sniffing around.

I wonder what people who are closer to the club think ?

i was just about to post the same thing.. also the whole "we can't compete in the championship at Roots Hall" made me think, it's true but sounds a little bit like RM has given up on this season and is hoping we can make a push in the next... hold out for the new stadium

Well the main thing is that is all done and dusted now and is a good confidence booster for the club. Especially after what has just happened to Pardew. Think keeping Tilly and Brush is the right thing to do and RM has just confirmed that.
I am glad we have a chairman that seems to have the interests of this club at heart.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Rayleigh boy @ Dec. 14 2006,15:58)]I prefer watching the football than worrying too much about
how a club is run but looking at what the Chairman says about the contracts -

"all the terms have been reviewed, not just the length, all the financial terms which will now compare with most Championship clubs"

it looks like the management have got a decent rise for
Christmas. Good on them.

But reading between the lines it looks as if the management were not already on "Championship" wages. A bad mistake.

Perhaps this should have been sorted out earlier - perhaps it might have stopped any bad feeling building up - particularly if richer clubs (Norwich) were sniffing around.

I wonder what people who are closer to the club think ?
What bad feeling?

Something in your imagination?

i think most people noticed tillys disappointment at (rightly) not being allowed to talk to norwich.. now he is on a contract that comes closer to matching anything he would have got at norwich may help tilly realise that RM has 100% faith in him and respects him and will treat him as a CC manager

Back