• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

THE SEVENTIES NORTH BANK

Life President⭐⭐
As we are all footie fans ,then I think it is O.K. to talk on here about that magnificent Champions League Final last night .Macca at his argumentetive and aggressive worst would not have looked out of place in the Chelsea team in respect of the way they argued and complained about every decision from the ref ,even if it was obviously correct .I was watching as an unbiased neutral ,but ended up wanting Man.U because of this .I have never seen so many whingers and hard done by players in One team .

Drogba's petulant face slap sums him up ,and if he stays on the pitch ,then John Terry does not have to take that particular penalty as Drogba would have been in the main Five ,then who knows .What a rediculous thing to be sent off for with so much at stake and with the whole World watching .Did he not see the French Bloke ( can't bring myself to say his name as he cost me a fortune )in the World Cup Final and learn from it .

Your views please ,as we may not ever see a Champions League Final as attacking and topsy turvy ,and with so much drama as that One again ,ever .

I thought Man Utd were just as bad at whinging. You may be interested to read the SlipperColumn in the All Leagues section.

If Anelka had some balls then Terry would never have taken a penalty, too.

As we are all footie fans ,then I think it is O.K. to talk on here about that magnificent Champions League Final last night .Macca at his argumentetive and aggressive worst would not have looked out of place in the Chelsea team in respect of the way they argued and complained about every decision from the ref ,even if it was obviously correct .I was watching as an unbiased neutral ,but ended up wanting Man.U because of this .I have never seen so many whingers and hard done by players in One team .

Drogba's petulant face slap sums him up ,and if he stays on the pitch ,then John Terry does not have to take that particular penalty as Drogba would have been in the main Five ,then who knows .What a rediculous thing to be sent off for with so much at stake and with the whole World watching .Did he not see the French Bloke ( can't bring myself to say his name as he cost me a fortune )in the World Cup Final and learn from it .

Your views please ,as we may not ever see a Champions League Final as attacking and topsy turvy ,and with so much drama as that One again ,ever .

I watched the Champions League Final in Varsity last night. The atmosphere was brilliant and it was buzzing in there. I did have to ask one of the Man United fans who was gloating before the match if he knew how far Manchester actually was from Southend, but that was just another matter....

I thought it was a cracking match but I felt the only person who let the whole occasion down was Drogba. Spent half the game acting as though he'd been shot by a sniper while Paul Scholes battles on despite having a broken nose.

I actually think Drogba was to blame for last nights defeat which is ironic as he has probably been a big factor with his goals helping them to the final. His pathetic slap right in front of the referee was insanely stupid. With everything still to play for, there was just no need for this. Glad he got sent off, decision was spot on, you just cant do that and get away with it. Had he taken the last penalty I think he wouldve scored and Chelsea would have won it.

If I was a Chelsea fan then I would be feeling very ashamed this morning. Thank god he isnt an English player otherwise I probably would've been feeling that way anyway. Whether it be Avram Grant or someone else who is Chelsea boss, I think there should be one item at the top of the agenda - "Drogba out". Last nights antics by him were just one on a long list of pathetic dives and moans. Last night was his biggest blunder of them all and it cost Chelsea dearly. I expect Abromovich is seething this morning and if I was Drogba I wouldnt want to bump into him anytime soon!

Felt for the Chelsea players as they didnt give up, however I do think the better team won and Man United were rewarded for being the best team in England this year, and now in Europe.

I watched the Champions League Final in Varsity last night. The atmosphere was brilliant and it was buzzing in there. I did have to ask one of the Man United fans who was gloating before the match if he knew how far Manchester actually was from Southend, but that was just another matter....
I thought I saw you. Wasn't quite as busy as I expected it to be but was very loud, the SZFC massive were clustered near the bowling machine and condiment table.

Was almost embarrassing at the end with all the plastic Mancs going mad like it was the best thing since they went to the game in 1968. Not sure how they all got home to Manchester as they seemed pretty drunk, must have been an organised coach or something.

i'm pretty sure i lipread lampard saying something to terry about drogba after the game... i can't imagine he is particularly popular!

i'm pretty sure i lipread lampard saying something to terry about drogba after the game... i can't imagine he is particularly popular!

What a complete Pra*t Drogba is. Completely showed himself up and let down every Chelsea fan in the ground and back at home.

John Terry only has himself to blame, as it was him kicking off to Tevez in the first place that started the whole fracas. If he hadn't gone steaming in trying to referee the game and moan about every decision as he does everyweek, none of it would of happened, and as has been said, Chelsea probably would of won.

Laughed so much last night I was almost crying as much as JT. :D

John Terry only has himself to blame, as it was him kicking off to Tevez in the first place that started the whole fracas. If he hadn't gone steaming in trying to referee the game and moan about every decision as he does everyweek, none of it would of happened, and as has been said, Chelsea probably would of won.

Laughed so much last night I was almost crying as much as JT. :D

all tevez did was kicked the ball out for a throw-in after someone went down with cramp. why should the game even be stopped in the first place for cramp! crazy

all tevez did was kicked the ball out for a throw-in after someone went down with cramp. why should the game even be stopped in the first place for cramp! crazy

The ball had already been kicked out for the cramp, and whoever took the throw gave it to Teves to give it back to Chelsea, but puts it out for a throw. JT comes steaming in complaining and Teves stands his ground saying that Chelsea did the exact same thing earlier and then it all kicks off.

The ball had already been kicked out for the cramp, and whoever took the throw gave it to Teves to give it back to Chelsea, but puts it out for a throw. JT comes steaming in complaining and Teves stands his ground saying that Chelsea did the exact same thing earlier and then it all kicks off.

The best word to describe almost all of the Chelsea team is petulant. They whinge about absolutely everything at any opportunity - Terry is the same when he plays for England. The only exception as far as I can see is Cech - anyone else notice that during the clash of heads between Cashley Cole and Nani late on at the end of extra time, while other team mates were checking Cole, he checked Nani's airway was clear before help arrived? An honourable exception - the rest of them are a load of muppets and I couldn't be more pleased that they lost, and that they lost in Moscow.

Drogba was a plonker and deserved to go according to the letter of the law but in my view Carvalho should have gone earlier for the attrocious tackle on Ronaldo!

As Man U won the champions league and we beat Man U does that make us the de facto champions of Europe?

Yep,

The Shrimpers are the only team in the world to hold a 100% win record against Man Utd home and away, in all competitions. So I guess that makes us Champions of Europe. :) (But what does that make Donny?)

I said 5 minutes into the game there was no way that game was going to finish with 11 players on eact team.

only surprised there wasnt more dismissals. Carvalho and Makelele should of gone aswell.

What a complete Pra*t Drogba is. Completely showed himself up and let down every Chelsea fan in the ground and back at home.

...and yet, were it not for 5 inches of post, Drogba could have ended up being the winner and the hero. I still believe that he was sent off to protect him from Vidic. If there's one player you'd be ill-advised to slap, surely it's him!

only surprised there wasnt more dismissals. Carvalho and Makelele should of gone aswell.

For which incidents? Carvalho was fractionally late on Ronaldo but had no momentum which may have warranted a booking but I have no idea why Makele should have gone. I thought he got a rough deal getting booked after Scholes cleaned him out!

Back