• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Mediums and Psycics.

Options

• Total voters
My take on the Jesus thing is that if he was realised as the Son of God from his birth and his worshippers followed him around at about 30 years of age, why is he more or less mentioned at birth and then in the 2 years near to his death. Where was he in between?

My take on the Jesus thing is that if he was realised as the Son of God from his birth and his worshippers followed him around at about 30 years of age, why is he more or less mentioned at birth and then in the 2 years near to his death. Where was he in between?

He was mentioned at the age of 12 going to Passover with his parents, then preaching, and everyone was amazed with his knowledge. It is believed that the missing period is documented in other missing documents.

I refer the honourable gentleman to the solar dieties (dying and resurrecting ) of the Greek , Egyptian , Summarian , Babylonian , Mian , Norse , Hindu etc etc It ant new ;) , its not big and its not clever to "die" for anothers sin's (thats why karma is such a bitch)

But but Jesus is on the A-team isnt he ;)

This piece here (while pointing out that Jesus was a liberal ;) ) does list some good points .

http://www.alternet.org/belief/146855/why_are_so_many_christians_conservative/?page=entire

GK Chesterton said "When people stop believing in God, they don't believe in nothing — they believe in anything."
Club Bongo International says "When people don't believe Jesus is God, they believe anything."

GK Chesterton said "When people stop believing in God, they don't believe in nothing — they believe in anything."
Club Bongo International says "When people don't believe Jesus is God, they believe anything."
I think he meant to say everything which is surly Gnostic .
Oh wait we don't have any of them left your boys killed them all ;)

Ah you mean G.K Chesterton who was a member of the Hermetic order of the Golden Dawn at the same time as Aleister Crowley ;)

Johnny come lately monotheists :P

Jesus the missing years , so many theoris , though around that time Heliopolis , down to Mephis we're the "mystery" routes and cults (like Mithras , and Eslusian mysteries ) also centers of knowledge like Athens , Mitaliany . The sciences and esoteric of the days we're intertwined so who knows but makes fun speculation.

Last edited:
I think he meant to say everything which is surly Gnostic .
Oh wait we don't have any of them left your boys killed them all ;)

Ah you mean G.K Chesterton who was a member of the Hermetic order of the Golden Dawn at the same time as Aleister Crowley ;)

Johnny come lately monotheists :P

Jesus the missing years , so many theoris , though around that time Heliopolis , down to Mephis we're the "mystery" routes and cults (like Mithras , and Eslusian mysteries ) also centers of knowledge like Athens , Mitaliany . The sciences and esoteric of the days we're intertwined so who knows but makes fun speculation.

CS Lewis who came to Christianity via a very long route, and who described himself as "the most reluctant convert", commented on the parallels with other religions, folklore and myths. He saw this as perfectly natural and said something along the lines of there being echoes of the truth, ie, Christ the dying God, in folklore and myths. CS Lewis puts this far better than I can in his book 'Surprised by Joy'.

CS Lewis who came to Christianity via a very long route, and who described himself as "the most reluctant convert", commented on the parallels with other religions, folklore and myths. He saw this as perfectly natural and said something along the lines of there being echoes of the truth, ie, Christ the dying God, in folklore and myths. CS Lewis puts this far better than I can in his book 'Surprised by Joy'.

And we hope that brought much joy to Mr Lewis (im sure i scovers dionyschis , Balder RA, Osiris and Mithras as well), and when i blindly believe anyone who creates as fiction world based on another (aside from symbols and allegory being the best eg Asopses Fables , the Just So Stories ) ill probably Take Ursla Le Quains advice thanks (though i favor Taosim more then most western esoterica).

What ever God/Goddess/flying spaghetti monster gets you through the night is ok with me , I just can't stand any ideology that tries to convince others theirs is the only true way because plaintively not one is.

Back