• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

shrimperjon

President
I have now spent some time since Monday reading the numerous posts on SZ and am dissapointed at how low the morale is on here. By all accounts we have not had a bad seasons, under the circumstances, yet the continuous bad feeling towards the players and PS amazes me. Hate, dislike RM all you like but why take it out on the players and PS. We all know what went on in the summer and how quickly the team was assembled and we have proved this season that we are only a few players shy of a decent team, our main problem is inconsitency, im not sure whether Wenger or Ferguson could have done much better.

I reiterate what has been said this week, the treatment towards both Blair and Ryhs on Monday was nothing short of a disgrace and this attitude or treatment towards our own players seems to have been a regular pattern over the past few seasons. We just dont seem to support our team anymore. I say again the bad feeling towards RM is one thing but why take it out on the players, its not their fault and people forget that they took a gamble coming to the club.

I for one cheered and clapped Blair off on Monday, not because i was happy he was going off, but to show my support for his hard work and effort thus far and also supported Rhys after he made numerous good saves. I watched the goals today and to be honest the first was an absolute rocket and the second did take a bobble. Unfortunately when a keeper makes a mistake it oftens costs goals, is anyone telling me that none of the other 10 players made a mistake on Monday???

What i would urge is that if you want to support the team, then do so, like we do away from home. If you want to moan and sit in your seat and slag players off, then why bother going in the first place and secondly dont bother going again. I would rather we had 3000 committed fans than another 1500/2000 or clearly have no intention of supporting the team.

I love this club and therfore love every player that wears the shirt. They are clearly not the best set of players we have had, but after watching this club for 31 years they are def not the worst. I believe that PS will sort things out over the next few weeks and if not this season then next will be much better, his record suggests that he can do the job, please give him a chance and get behind the team, the management and each other. We are a small club, with an average sized fan base, so lets pull together and help the situation on the pitch at least, this is the one area we can help.

UP THE BLUES

This is just going to turn into another pointless argument, I agree by the way

you couldn't of summed it up better. Went to oxford NY Day and we looked amazing with the fans backing. Monday we were poor with a lack of support. however when we scored and the crowd got behind the team and not on them, we looked in sync again. Hope things sort out or else players may want to leave.

Blair swipped and missed the ball .. so what you laugh with the people around you and its blows away, not sing F***ing useless to him which he acknowledge the blue voice but you could tell he was down. Things like this are why players are afraid to play as well as they could,

You have my backing in every word

UTB

No Slagging, Just supporting.
Great reality check ShrimperJon and thats why we (TZ) travel all over the country following OUR TEAM! Because WE CAN! and because we WANT TO!
Short memories, we didn't have many players if any at one point in the Summer last.
Support you club, Support your Shirt and who wears it at least they're trying to do something for us.
The good times will return and at least you can say; Remember when........
Keep the faith

or got in from work, thanks the trains , you ********!! but what its worth, i compare the 4 bad seasons, 84/85 98/99 2001/2002(the season we had to avoid defeat at darlo midweek or we would have gone bottom?? I think anyway) and this season, and do think this is the worst set of players we have had the misfortune to watch
and yes i will boo and jeer and let them know what i think of then. just think scab sturrocks son, was on the verge of being truro citys star signing in the southern league premier division, having being released on a free from non league mansfield, and then lo and behold his dad comes down to southend the day before tilly gets the sack, and he is transported to the heights of league 2. where else could this happen, he is truly and awful player, and the good thing about the ground being so empty is that the players get to hear it face to face. the majority of the players in our team do nothing and mean nothing, they truly are an awful set of players. we play hoof ball , no flair, no basic skills, like keeping a ball in play from a team mates pass, do i need to go on.

but whats interesting is this, with crowds of 4,900 there are only about 20 or so who post on here moaning about the fans moaning, so what about the other 4,700!! who boo and jeer, are they entitled to their views??

or got in from work, thanks the trains , you ********!! but what its worth, i compare the 4 bad seasons, 84/85 98/99 2001/2002(the season we had to avoid defeat at darlo midweek or we would have gone bottom?? I think anyway) and this season, and do think this is the worst set of players we have had the misfortune to watch
and yes i will boo and jeer and let them know what i think of then. just think scab sturrocks son, was on the verge of being truro citys star signing in the southern league premier division, having being released on a free from non league mansfield, and then lo and behold his dad comes down to southend the day before tilly gets the sack, and he is transported to the heights of league 2. where else could this happen, he is truly and awful player, and the good thing about the ground being so empty is that the players get to hear it face to face. the majority of the players in our team do nothing and mean nothing, they truly are an awful set of players. we play hoof ball , no flair, no basic skills, like keeping a ball in play from a team mates pass, do i need to go on.

but whats interesting is this, with crowds of 4,900 there are only about 20 or so who post on here moaning about the fans moaning, so what about the other 4,700!! who boo and jeer, are they entitled to their views??

Paul Ince has done it.
Steve Bruce has done it.
Alex Ferguson has done it.
Brian Clough has done it.
Redknapp has done it.
Kenny Dalglish has done it.

All but Ince's were in the Premiership.

Blimey it took as long as the sixth post i am shocked .....And for what its worth birdseye......Do you reckon you are good enough to play for Truro? or Mansfield? or Southend? just a question, because i am not sure what a pro footballer is supposed to do when a (bigger club) comes knocking ?
Should Blair have stayed at Truro? Should every pro player have no ambition?
This whole industry is about: getting results for the clubs, and the players getting whatever they can out of a short career !

Oh and as for the Scab, or whatever his name is this week oh thats right its Paul Sturrock, he has had 4 months to build a team about 16 weeks!.....Alec Ferguson took 3 1/2 years to get a winning team with vast resources....For crying out loud what the **** do some people expect of this team?

Sorry for my rant i know its late, and you can tell from my post count i dont post often but come on guys the negative crap is just as bad as the uber positive crap, lets get back to having normal footy banter chats about OUR footy club..

Hopefully our players take being booed and heckled better than Marvin Morgan of Aldershot (who a fair few on here praised after we lost up there early on in the season), who posted this on his Twitter on Monday having been booed when substituted:

"Like to thank the fans who booed me off the pitch. Where's that going to get you! I hope you all die!"

Hopefully our players take being booed and heckled better than Marvin Morgan of Aldershot (who a fair few on here praised after we lost up there early on in the season), who posted this on his Twitter on Monday having been booed when substituted:

"Like to thank the fans who booed me off the pitch. Where's that going to get you! I hope you all die!"

He'll get a good reception next time he plays.

This had me giggling like a school girl.

More footballers should behave like this!

That is superb.

Brilliant, we'll have him!

"the good thing about the ground being so empty is that the players get to hear it face to face"

Yes. I mean the amount of times they hear it, you'd think they'd get better wouldn't you. I mean they'll obviously become world beaters if you do that. I can't believe I never thought of it before.

The fact is we have an average to poor team. There's no getting away from that. We have an average to poor team because of Ron Martin and his mismanagement of the club over the past four years. We can't just go out and buy ourselves a team of excellent lower-league stars. To be honest, at least the fans who are staying away are doing it because they are making a stand against the chairman. I don't necessarily agree with them but I see their point.

But slagging off your own team, ironically cheering them and singing "****ing useless" at them, that's just moronic. It won't achieve anything apart from destroying the confidence of the players. And as those who go away have seen, when this team is confident it can be a decent side. If you think Blair Sturrock is dreadful, say it in the pub or on here, but when he's wearing a blue shirt, get behind the lad.

Well said Jai, this is my point exactly. What amazes me is that this post was designed to try and pull people together and try and encourage a more positive perspective on supporting the blues. I thank those thus far who have supported my post, as for birdseye, i assum by the tone of your post that you were probably drunk when you posted. The bottom line is that you have let yourself down with your post and are exactly the type of fan at the moment that is so negative towards everything SUFC. I wonder how you would deal with someone coming up to you at work and shouting abuse in your face whilst working, my guess is you wouldnt like it, so i see no sense in your attitude. As for your comments re blair sturrock, they are extremely unfair and insulting. i like many on here have seen what he can bring to the team rather than the fact he only scores a few goals. you mention tilson in you post, this is the man the failed to get the best out of hooper, paynter, harrold, revell etc all of whom have done much better after bing released. is blair any worse than these players during his time at the blues, i would say not!

I'll always support the team, tho I did have a moan at Evans after letting in those 2 goals, I thought it was shocking. After the initial wave of anger subsided, I got back to supporting all our players, especially Blair, who gets far too much criticism, just because of who his dad is.

. but whats interesting is this, with crowds of 4,900 there are only about 20 or so who post on here moaning about the fans moaning, so what about the other 4,700!! who boo and jeer, are they entitled to their views??

I did not hear 4,700 fans booing and jeering Monday - just a minority - and I can't find the 4,700 posts on SZ agreeing with you either?

What would we rather have, 9000 in RH with 20% abusing players or 4000 with a similar amount of abuse ?

If the moaner decides not to come we would never be able to get hold of players who are good enough to encourage him back, at least whilst he is paying his entrance fee we have some hope.

I am all for trying to get fans behind the team, but if its between not showing and having a moan ...give me the money anyday

I'll always support the team, tho I did have a moan at Evans after letting in those 2 goals, I thought it was shocking. After the initial wave of anger subsided, I got back to supporting all our players, especially Blair, who gets far too much criticism, just because of who his dad is.

That I'd say is the whole point. I would wager every fan would have groaned, moaned or thrown a few ****s about at such incidents. However to resort to some of the abuse that has occurred is a negative in my view. I'll tell you what, all those that think it's their prerogative to call a player a ****ing useless **** tell me where you work and I'll pop by and hurl the same invective at you. I'm sure you'll appreciate it.

Back