• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sack him. This is a new regime. Don't care how good a player he is, you want to install discipline and get some decent unity you send out a message that dicking about and going to prison is not going to earn you improved terms.

If he comes out of the nick (if sent down) and comes to us and tries to make amends in training and some ressies games, then offer him a contract. It's only how things would be in the real world.

MK Shrimper;1529268[B said:
]Nobody was hurt[/B]. I thought jails were stuffed to the brim? A ban, a hefty fine, and a bit of community service will suffice.

Totally irrelevant to the charge

I think he'll do a 'lump of bird' !
Not sure that he will , but always wanted to say that

A member of my family is a judge .. I discussed this with them earlier from what I was told MT is going to get a jail term for this .. as it has gone to the crown court a guess is between 6- 9 months not knowing the full case details but to do this 3 times the boy is a fool .....

The whole system of points is promote safe driving and deter people from unsafe driving, if he was at his max and then broke the law another 3 times, I think realistically he needs something to make him realise you can't just keep driving around like a ****. Speed *does* kill and he seems to see himself above the law. A real shame, but can see at a decent sentence especially as its gone to the crown court.

Very little doubt that he will do prison time.

Perverting the course of justice is viewed by the judiciary as a very serious offence as it undermines confidence in the judicial system. The penalties for the offence are designed to be punitive so as to make it not worthwhile to attempt to wriggle out of a conviction, the punishment for attempting to do so being worse than the sentence for the original offence.
Bit like the old headmaster giving you six of the best for being naughty but giving you a double dose if he found out you'd lied about it or, falsely, dropped someone else in it.

Sentencing guidelines are here, for those interested:-

http://www.cps.gov.uk/legal/s_to_u/sentencing_manual/perverting_the_course_of_justice/

Generally starts at 4 months, suspended sentences are discouraged.
Worryingly, for Timlin, is that the 'degree of persistence' is one of the major points to be taken into account; and he has pleaded guilty to several counts...
Would be surprised if we were to see him in action much before Xmas, even if he was to be offered a new contract, no wonder the club hasn't rushed to offer him one.

If he goes inside then get rid of him, no point wasting money on him whilst he can't play.

Don't drop the soap mate :soapbox:

Noone else is going to sign him if he goes inside, so can't we just wait and then get him to sign when he gets out? You're allowed to sign free agents outside the transfer window so long as they haven't had a club in the present season right?

I imagine he will receive a very simillar sentence to Chris Huhne which I think was 8 months.

If he behaves himself he'll serve a few inside and then be released on licence, usually with a curfew also.

If we do sign him up i imagine he'll be unavailable for Tuesday night games as a result of the curfew unless he asks for special dispensation.

I imagine he will receive a very simillar sentence to Chris Huhne which I think was 8 months.

If he behaves himself he'll serve a few inside and then be released on licence, usually with a curfew also.

If we do sign him up i imagine he'll be unavailable for Tuesday night games as a result of the curfew unless he asks for special dispensation.

Surely he'd be ruled out of most away games as well.

Good point Ayrshire. Forgot about those. I was hoping we could ask to play more games away from home next season as well.

Leon McKenzie was jailed for six months for a similar offence two years ago. Pretty sure Timlin will go down for this.

What is it with all those left-wingers who are criminals: Ricky Otto, Michael Timlin, Ryan Hall, etc

Sometimes yes, sometimes no. You're potentially right but I generally try not to pigeon hole myself. Certainly don't agree with things just because one party says it should be so.

So, anyway, your opinion? Prison right or wrong in this instance?

I agree totally that prison is generally the wrong option for this sort of offence.

Back