• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Blues4LifeDan

Manager
With the cobblers coming up, I was just nostalgically thinking about old Bilel. It was one of the best performances by a Southend player I had seen in that 5-2 win against them. So it got me thinking, where do you think Brown would play him, if at all? Do you think his management style would work with Bilel?

I think he would have liked him in defence, simply for the passion and putting his head on the line. However, with our current system I think Brown would have even played him up top. Or then again, alas jpt final, in midfield!

What are your thoughts on the wild one? And Mohsni aswell!

With the cobblers coming up, I was just nostalgically thinking about old Bilel. It was one of the best performances by a Southend player I had seen in that 5-2 win against them. So it got me thinking, where do you think Brown would play him, if at all? Do you think his management style would work with Bilel?

I think he would have liked him in defence, simply for the passion and putting his head on the line. However, with our current system I think Brown would have even played him up top. Or then again, alas jpt final, in midfield!

What are your thoughts on the wild one? And Mohsni aswell!
Moshni managed by Brown? , best of two falls a submission or a knock out I would have said .....

Just googled him and first page was a headline reading;

"Bilel Mohsni ran for scissors and headed for rivals.. It took four men to hold him until Orient team bus got clear"

Don't think it would be a good pairing, and we'd have to spend a fortune on lockable cabinets for all of the sharps...

Before Inniss and Ferdinand came him PB would have liked to have played him as a central defender. At the moment he might play him up top as a partner for Cox. I know Mooney played great against Millwall, but Cox is a much deadlier striker, but he needs the right partner. Mohsni would win his fair share of headers, so he could flick a few on to Cox. Mohsni can of course score himself as well. As for midfield, not for me.
Mohsni off the pitch talking to fans is just a lovely fellow. But on the pitch a total nutcase, even at training sometimes. There's something not right there. Red Cards, blue mist, tantrums, scissors. Getting off the coach for this and that. Fallouts with team mates. He really could have been a great player with the right coach, but he is too disruptive for the rest of the squad.

I remember Bilel's Wembley appearance for Brown's first game. Best left alone after that for me. Great day out though.

Bilel did play central midfield under Brown at Wembley when Brown infamously tried to shoehorn seven defenders into a starting eleven thus ruining our showpiece day out.

Before Inniss and Ferdinand came him PB would have liked to have played him as a central defender. At the moment he might play him up top as a partner for Cox. I know Mooney played great against Millwall, but Cox is a much deadlier striker, but he needs the right partner. Mohsni would win his fair share of headers, so he could flick a few on to Cox. Mohsni can of course score himself as well. As for midfield, not for me.
Mohsni off the pitch talking to fans is just a lovely fellow. But on the pitch a total nutcase, even at training sometimes. There's something not right there. Red Cards, blue mist, tantrums, scissors. Getting off the coach for this and that. Fallouts with team mates. He really could have been a great player with the right coach, but he is too disruptive for the rest of the squad.

Do you think Brown could have been that coach?

Bilel did play central midfield under Brown at Wembley when Brown infamously tried to shoehorn seven defenders into a starting eleven thus ruining our showpiece day out.
Isn't it claimed that Coughlan chose the starting eleven that day?

Wrongly claimed.

As often happens on here one person suggests it then others repeat it as if its fact. Anybody who knew anything about Bilel or the squad would NOT have played Mohsni in that role.

Last edited:
Do you think Brown could have been that coach?

Absolutely definitely not. Brown would have been way out of his depth with Bilel.

Having one person in the dressing room lashing out at everything in sight after a defeat is quite enough.

I'll never forget when the build up to JPT final was going on and Mohsni, who had been frozen out at the time, was somehow put in charge of showing the Sky cameras around. The look of bewilderment on Eastwood's face when the camera panned to him was priceless!

should have been Luggy !

Felt bad for him, missing his Wembley day ! Although he still enjoyed himself on the lash with the fans that day, but it should have been him leading the team out, not PB...

Back