• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

He scored a cracking goal against the cobblers in a home game a few seasons ago, smashed it home from about 35 yards if I remember correctly.

He scored a cracking goal against the cobblers in a home game a few seasons ago, smashed it home from about 35 yards if I remember correctly.

Ah that goal was a liberty. Luggy shouting out pass, pass. Then he smashed it and Luggy just turned to his bench in disbelief with his arms held out wide. I'm speechless was the look on his face! Akinfenwa scored a belter off the bar in that game too.

People complain we don't have enough fighters in the team, getting Bilel back would solve that in one fell swoop!

i loved the bloke because there wasn't a dull moment when he was around, if he'd been here then maybe Inniss could have persuaded him to take the rap, like he did for Timlin too!

People complain we don't have enough fighters in the team, getting Bilel back would solve that in one fell swoop!

Have you done a criminal record check on Inniss, Ranger & Ferdinand lately?..... add Bilel to the list, and i'm sure the UFC will be our shirt sponsors next season. :smile:

I know Mooney played great against Millwall, but Cox is a much deadlier striker.

Interestingly I thought one of the reasons why we were excellent against Millwall was because Cox wasn't in the side. We won the ball so much more in the opposition half and I am yet to see any evidence Cox can offer us that. Not doubting that he has ability on the ball but without it he has offered practically nothing so far.

Interestingly I thought one of the reasons why we were excellent against Millwall was because Cox wasn't in the side. We won the ball so much more in the opposition half and I am yet to see any evidence Cox can offer us that. Not doubting that he has ability on the ball but without it he has offered practically nothing so far.

From what i've seen I'd have to agree with that, there is no doubting cox's ability when he's on the ball it's just that he needs someone to feed him, mind you if he could win the ball, make chances himself and score them then he wouldn't be in L1 would he. Maybe that's why PB is looking at Fortune.

From what i've seen I'd have to agree with that, there is no doubting cox's ability when he's on the ball it's just that he needs someone to feed him, mind you if he could win the ball, make chances himself and score them then he wouldn't be in L1 would he. Maybe that's why PB is looking at Fortune.

Williams seems good at feeding himself.......

So would I as a player, but he caused so many problems that you don't know about.

I know but there was never a dull moment. Everything from mental goals to attecking the corner flag. He made watching Southend a joy during his time and before he went totally loopy loo. Great bloke off the pitch with the fans as well. Made more than a few trips to hospital childrens ward if memory serves. I have fond memories of him.

I know but there was never a dull moment. Everything from mental goals to attecking the corner flag. He made watching Southend a joy during his time and before he went totally loopy loo. Great bloke off the pitch with the fans as well. Made more than a few trips to hospital childrens ward if memory serves. I have fond memories of him.

I spoke to Ally McCoist the other week when he came into my place of work and he said there was a cracking player in there but he just couldn't handle himself when he felt he'd been wronged. He said he did amazing community work up at Rangers too and bought the whole backroom staff Christmas presents one year. But when he stepped across that white line.....man.

Oh god, are things that bad some people want Moshni back?

No and no.

I spoke to Ally McCoist the other week when he came into my place of work and he said there was a cracking player in there but he just couldn't handle himself when he felt he'd been wronged. He said he did amazing community work up at Rangers too and bought the whole backroom staff Christmas presents one year. But when he stepped across that white line.....man.

Which is pretty much the same as what many of us have said about him during his time here. He needed a mentor, closest he had to that was Chris Barker and Blair Sturrock, both of whom actually did seem to influence him when he was in a red mist type situation.

He is a truly lovely bloke off the pitch, such a shame that he cannot control himself when on it.

Never miss an opportunity to post a gratuitous cartoon extract from the past

1538819_1376874622568916_1768763425_n.jpg

There isn't one day of the week when I wouldn't have Bilel back.

Like Kevin Pietersen he needs to be properly managed.

Not sure I would put Pietersen (big head, big ego, big twit) in the same league as Bilel who really is a man with demons in his head.

Back