• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Molesley In or out. (Poll added)

In or out

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m struggling to find it. Do any of the stattos out there know how many games Bond had at the end of the season when he was appointed?

I’m struggling to find it. Do any of the stattos out there know how many games Bond had at the end of the season when he was appointed?
He was manager from 2nd April...

He had 6 games
32B7F6C0-1FAD-4078-A4EC-CB95B608B8EF.jpegF50FB69F-3179-45E1-A004-91BE8D31ED32.jpeg

As you can see below though, we barely spent much time in the relegation zone that season. Never even in the bottom 2.
E1D2AC78-1730-4DDB-8728-08B05F34E648.jpeg

Last edited:
How true. This is really last throw of the dice time. Get someone in with a shoot on sight attitude, just a slim chance but it might work. Scary to look at the numerous ex- FL clubs stuck in the NL with little prospect of an easy return. Cant believe our club is literally on the brink of extinction. Do something Ron now!!
Agreed. The National League is full of clubs that are of equal size to us and in a couple of cases bigger than us. If Ron Martin thinks that next season will be a walk in the park to get promoted and have Wembley non-league cup final as well, he us deluding himself. Even with a decent manager and coaching staff it will be difficult...with MM and co it will be nigh on bloody impossible.

He has to go now. The last thing we need is next preseason being disrupted looking for a new manager. This season is over. Get new man in ASAP which will give him a few games to assess current squad. Don't ask me who.

Agreed. The National League is full of clubs that are of equal size to us and in a couple of cases bigger than us. If Ron Martin thinks that next season will be a walk in the park to get promoted and have Wembley non-league cup final as well, he us deluding himself. Even with a decent manager and coaching staff it will be difficult...with MM and co it will be nigh on bloody impossible.

I'd say only Notts county and Wrexham are of equal size.

you will mate. Especially if they win a few games
So you are expecting this legendary new manager bounce arriving a season late because we certainly didn’t get it this season more like a belly flop lasting the whole season.

I'd say only Notts county and Wrexham are of equal size.

They are presumably the two clubs he considers to be larger than us. Certainly true for Notts County, not so sure about Wrexham but their new owners will soon ensure they are. Otherwise only Chesterfield and Stockport come close. We should be able to compete well in that company - but then we should be able to compete well in L2 also where only Bolton and Bradford, maybe Tranmere also, are bigger than us. Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear.....where's that Easter chocolate.....

He has already stated that he knows it will b difficult

If we sacked MM, who would you replace him with?
Right now the corner flag would probably more inspirational and more tactically advanced. My gut feeling is its too late for a new manager, perhaps if it was Macca/John White/ Ricky Duncan combo - people who have been here long enough to know the club and have some kind of desire to save us

Macca, could he do any worse?one last throw of the dice ron.
Sadly too late for Ron to do anything now, he should have done it 5 to 10 games ago........ I wonder if he has anticipated the backlash of us being relegated, there are going to be a lot of very upset people on here, dont fancy his chances on the next Zoom chat if our fate is already sealed by then. I for one normally calm down overnight but today having looked at the highlights again and again I still feel upset and angry........still cannot believe that penalty ! Ok I know it's only a game and I need to get over it but I suspect there are a lot of people feeling like me today........

If MM is still in situ at the end of the season, I cant see how anyone can say that Ron hasn’t lost interest in the on-pitch fortunes of the club. It’s negligent to 1) have kept us under embargo for a year, thereby depriving us of getting any like a half decent squad; 2) persist with a manager who is clearly struggling to find success and 3) to have waited weeks in appointing a manager on more than one occasion in the past 3-year freefall. This negligence belongs solely to Ron. Well done “big”man, you’ve masterminded a fortune for yourself at the expense of the club’s football league status, whilst threatening its future. Do you really want that as your legacy?

Last edited:
I have now changed my vote with some reluctance. I am sure we will go down, barring a miracle. This is not of MM's making, but I have been somewhat mystified of late with team selection, tactics and substitutions.

I am not going into detail with my thoughts, but I now wouldn't be happy to see MM and his entourage with the Club from the season end. Hopefully, Ron has a get out clause if we are relegated.

The Club have changed managers too often in recent years, but I think yet another change is unavoidable. We can't afford to start from scratch again and possibly need to look at Craig Fagan, Steve Tilson or Kevin Maher. However, John Still who I know is 70 years old, might be interested in assisting. His knowledge of the National League is second to none and I am sure he would be an asset.

There is a lot of talent among the youngsters, but MM preferred to bring in youngsters from other Clubs. Short sighted in my opinion and wasted the experience they gained last season. Precisely the reason why a new manager should know the younger players strengths and weaknesses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back