• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Napster

No ⭐
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/global/m...6.xml&sSheet=/global/2006/07/14/property.html

Although the Flexmans have had a very easy time of it, there are caveats. Peter Butler is a former West Bromwich Albion and West Ham footballer who became a coach in east Malaysia and now runs Bali Regency Realty. He builds villas on Bali, but chooses to live in Malaysia, partly because it offers good schools for his children.

Mr Butler says a good lawyer is a must. "The danger is that, from a legal perspective, you can only control what goes on inside your perimeter wall. Outside, you've got no say," he says. If the government wants to build a flyover over your dream home, or a developer with political ties chops down your jungle view and builds a cheap and nasty skyscraper - tough. No one will hear you complain.

A recent court ruling has, in effect, even given local councils complete immunity in cases of gross negligence, even those that lead to deaths. However, unlike neighbouring countries, Malaysia at least allows foreigners to own property in their own name.

Mr Butler also says that, as with everywhere else, you must have an eye to location and the market. Condominium prices have been static, largely because planners have failed to stop a glut developing. "There are some condominiums which are fantastic, if you buy in the right areas - Sri Hartamas, Bangsar or Damasara Heights, all in Kuala Lumpur - but elsewhere I don't think condo prices will grow as quickly as a landed property would," Mr Butler believes. "There's an undersupply of quality condos, and those which are quality are really expensive - you could be talking £400,000 for a quality condo of 3,000 square feet."

Basically, the moral is: don't rush, and do your research. But given that it is possible to get a luxury, three-bedroom home with a pool for the price of an ex-council semi in Luton, and that it offers good, cheap medical facilities, Malaysia has real potential to tempt those in search of a better life away from those tired old Mediterranean destinations.

Are you serious

Would you ever invest in Bali with an ex football coach like Peter Butler who has no history of development there? What was the last property he sold there? His football career has been in a downward spiral since he left England? He had a bad history with Halifax then he left to Australia, He broke his contract with Sabah, he left Singapore why? his family is living in Kuala Lumpur.. and he is doing business in Bali? I don't think so. But that is just my opinion.....Bali Regency Realty? where does that come from?

Would you ever invest in Bali with an ex football coach like Peter Butler who has no history of development there? What was the last property he sold there? His football career has been in a downward spiral since he left England? He had a bad history with Halifax then he left to Australia, He broke his contract with Sabah, he left Singapore why? his family is living in Kuala Lumpur.. and he is doing business in Bali? I don't think so. But that is just my opinion.....Bali Regency Realty? where does that come from?

Out of interest, what did he do to upset you?

You signed up just to mug him off so I assume it's personal or do you work for a competitor on Bali?

Back