• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Only your 133 LEague GRounds that I can get quite close to K.,with 120.Hope you've included the likes of Kidderminster Harriers,Hereford and Rushden and Diamonds.
I have a spreadsheet detailing every hammer I've ever been to.

I never got to Kiddy or Rushden or Boston as I was busy reffing for the decade they were around. Mind you. I can spot a dodgy throw from 100 yards ��

With all all the new grounds I count it as long as you have seen a team at their home ground whether current or old stadium and they are currently reside in the football league than that counts.

Interestingly I consider the "92" as visiting all the current football grounds - and therefore when a club moves (e.g. Rotherham to the Don Athletics Stadium) I feel I need to visit the new ground.

44 of the current 90 for me. Quite a few of been to the older ground but not the new.

Gary, I was at the above match when we were beaten 1-0 with a goal by Tony Woolmer on Jan.17th.1970. This was our only away defeat to Bradford Park Avenue in Division 4. I was also present the previous three seasons after relegation in 1966. Our results away were as follows:-1966-67.won 2-1(Derek Woodley & Ray Smith); 1967-68.won 1-0(Phil Chisnall); 1968-69.won 3-0(Ian"Chico"Hamilton(2)Gary Moore.
I can say also that there are quite a few people either on Shrimperzone or not(i.e.Charlie Benson & quite a few others that are still going to this day)that were at the game in our debut season of 1966-67 as this was the start of the Youth Section with Peter Butler who was running coaches to away matches.

I was there for the 68/9 game.Ray Charnley was playing for them.:angel:

I was there for the 68/9 game.Ray Charnley was playing for them.:angel:
I think the match in 1968-69(won 3-0) was played on a Tuesday afternoon?(I seem to remember back in the day that this was also a public holiday up North?). The day before was Easter Monday we beat Aldershot 4-2 with goals from Keith Lindsey and a Billy Best hat-trick. Ray Charnley also played against us home and away in 1969-70 scoring in the 1-1 draw at Roots Hall, Mike Beesley scored for Southend. Also playing against us in both matches was former Southend player Tony Beanland.

I forgot to add to mine :-

Wembley
The Millenium Stadium
Hereford United

LOL :smile:

Back in the days when counties and touring sides took the matches seriously.

I noticed India were something like 25 for 6 at one point! :omg:

Until I moved to Yorkshire I only ever saw the mighty Shrimpers at home, but have seen them at all the regional grounds:

Saltergate / also now Proact Stadium (lovely ground if you've never been)
Millmoor / Don Valley
Bramall Lane
Hillsborough
Oakwell
Glanford Park

Really disappointing that three clubs whom in the old days I would benchmark us against being Chesterfield, Rotherham and Scunny have managed to get new grounds whilst we still wait in vain hope for FF!

I wonder how many different grounds Southend have played League football at since 1920. Probably well over 200 when you consider how many grounds some clubs have had. When I have a few spare hours I might have a go at a list.

Seen Southend at 67of the current 92. Plus another 14 old grounds other current league clubs. Plus another 9 no longer in the league. Plus Wembley and that big thing in Cardiff. Plus a good few non league delights like Maldon and Needham Market. Anyway, I know a good book about following Southend to grounds all over the land....... I strenuously deny all rumours that this is a Roots To The 92 sponsored thread!

Ha ha Suffolk Shrimper....your book inspired my thread and got me compiling a list of my own....great read by the way...

My ambition is to see Southend play all 92 current teams at their ground at the point I hit the 92 (whether their old or current ground).....62 currently....promotion would allow me to knock of a few more....blokes do love a list

I see myself being wheeled off my death bed at 95 going to the emirates!

Ha ha Suffolk Shrimper....your book inspired my thread and got me compiling a list of my own....great read by the way...

My ambition is to see Southend play all 92 current teams at their ground at the point I hit the 92 (whether their old or current ground).....62 currently....promotion would allow me to knock of a few more....blokes do love a list

I see myself being wheeled off my death bed at 95 going to the emirates!

Cheers for comment Fitz. I was not patient (or young) enough to wait for us to play at The Emirates and a few other places. I could only tho end the 92 on a Shrimpers trip and at a decent ground so was pleased with it ending at Blackpool.

Back