• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Most embarrsasing moment

At Bournemouth away in the cup a few years ago, I was celebrating a goal and put my foot on the seat in front (back in the league 2 days), I then stepped on the back part of the seat and it fell and I ended up with a leg each side of the part where you rest your back. That really did hurt!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jonny_Stokes @ Dec. 12 2006,14:48)]Sitting with those chavvy Orient scum when we scored one of our many, many own goals against them. The shame.
Remind me, who did you get in the 3rd round of the F.A. Cup?

Stan's last home game against Luton, I decided I has to get on the pitch so climbed over the North Bank fence which had been coated with black anti climb paint.

Ruined my SUFC shirt, and jeans - covered my hands in black paint and made it so I couldn't pat Stan on the Back, I did do something to Fry's cap though and I made it onto the end of season video.

Lots of hand shaking with the Luton fans, funnily enough no-one wanted to shake my hands, I remember thinking blimey I've only been black for a few minutes and already no one wants to know me!

They opened the North Bank Gate anyway, all I needed to have done was waited !

Oh dear, oh dear, there are a few!

No many too recently, although during the warm-up before the pre-season game at Dagenham two years back I innocently bent down to pick something off the floor and timed it to perfection as, totally oblivious to the flying danger, I was clonked straight on the bonce by a wayward shot.

As I looked around in hope that no-one hads witnessed this spectacle I saw the cuplrit, Mr Nicky Nicolau, pi$$ing himself with laughter.

Worse still, during the aforementioned Ipswich game in 1996, I celebrated Mike Marsh's last gasp winner by sprinting down the West Stand gangway only the trip and tumble into a heap at the bottom of the steps!

In a similar incident at Barnet in 1999 I slipped off a step on the terraceing and twisted my ankle. Undeterred, I continue to celebrate my bouncing on one leg.

At Torquay in, I think, 2000, I got a bit excited celebrating a goal, legged it down the front before leaping towards a pile of supporters celebrating with the players doen the front. Just as I leaped, the wall collapsed and we all ended in a heap on the pitch!

I also fell foul of the -non-dry paint' at Cardiff!

I'm sure there's more....

However my favourite ever moment is one I saw on TV in about 1999. It was a Cardiff fan who, celebrating a goal at Hartlepool, ran onto the pitch and without looking where he was going ran straight into the goalpost and knocked himself out!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Maldon Blues @ Dec. 13 2006,12:07)]However my favourite ever moment is one I saw on TV in about 1999. It was a Cardiff fan who, celebrating a goal at Hartlepool, ran onto the pitch and without looking where he was going ran straight into the goalpost and knocked himself out!!
Quality.

However, my all-time favourite (and I believe Frank Skinner's) is the Wolves fans watching the game on the roof of a nearby building.....

Can we have some testimony from the chap that managed to fall over and roll through dog dirt at the Sheffield Wednesday FA cup away game in 1993 please?

I loved that story.

At Fulham during a 3-0 away win a few years back I was standing in the large open end and it was raining slightly. Anyway, I felt something hit the bottom of my lip. I thought this was a large raindrop, so I licked it. It was at this point that I realised it wasn't rain that had hit my lip, but a large dollop of seagull $hite. I can guarantee this is not tasty.

Many many years ago on an away trip at a stop at the serivices I managed somehow too walk into the ladies loo's.
Of course everyone on our coach saw it and I got loads of stick for the rest of the day. Thankfully we won the game that day which helped me cope a bit with the embarrassment.

Another great moment was when our coach brokedown going to Cambridge a few years ago and 30 of us hitched a ride in this guys van. How we didnt all suffocate in there I will never know. I will never forget the look on the local people's faces when 30 of us got out of this small van.

Didn't happen to me but the bloke that did it was embarrased enough......

Happened a few years back on the away terrace at Orient. I think it was a tuesday night game(the Whelan Own goal game
sad.gif
).

Prematch there was the usual ritual of a ball being knocked into the crowd and then it being hurled/kicked/chucked all over the terrace. Bloke behind me got the ball, gave it the big un to his mates "watch this". He then went to drop kick the ball way up into the night sky.......unfortunately he miskicked it straight into the face of a complete stranger on the terrace next to him.

It was one of those moments that you know you shouldnt really laugh at
blush.gif

For me its got to be wycombe away on boxing day a few seasons back.

Back then I lived with a wycombe fan at uni (and still do) so as my Christmas is always pretty dull I decided to drive to his and go to the match.

i arrive at Kev's and we get in his car and pick up his mate, then head for the Causeway.

On the way to the ground we are all taking it very cautiously walking along as the road was very icy. Kev's mate sees this as the ideal opportunity to screw his mate over and so pushes me into Kev to try n force him to slip over. Unfortunately Kev moves out the way and I fall arse over tit on the pavement. To make matters worse the SUFC supporters coach is going past at the time and the driver even slowed down to make sure I was alright. Being with 2 blokes in wycombe shirts you lot on the coach obviously think Im an away fan and are all in fits of laughter. Because surely you wouldnt have laughed if you knew I was Southend
tounge.gif

Still I got over the embaressment when Freddy scored and I could wind them both up for the remainder of the day.

Another embaressment came at the first LDV final when in the Prince of Wales pre-match. I walked past 2 sets of fans having group photos just as the flash went off. To this day I'll never know if I featured in FHM's Who The Hell Are You? Got the punishment of the whole upper floor of Southend fans booing me for my efforts lol.

Mine was at cheltenham a few years back and there was porta loos. The gents was only a urinal and as i needed to drop the kids off i thought i would use the ladies one. Unfortunately the one i chose was occupied and unlocked. I opened the door to see this women having a dump and she just stared for about a second and then screamed like i was i was some kind of maniac. Everybody looks round and the stewards take me to one side as if i am some kind of sicko. I only wanted to have a pony, but as us men know ,doing so away from home can be treacherous.
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ Dec. 13 2006,12:14)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Maldon Blues @ Dec. 13 2006,12:07)]However my favourite ever moment is one I saw on TV in about 1999. It was a Cardiff fan who, celebrating a goal at Hartlepool, ran onto the pitch and without looking where he was going ran straight into the goalpost and knocked himself out!!
Quality.

However, my all-time favourite (and I believe Frank Skinner's) is the Wolves fans watching the game on the roof of a nearby building.....
There was also the Wolves fan on the roof of one of the Scarborough stands, watching the first game Scarborough ever played in the League, who fell through the roof an dlanded with a thud some thirty feet below on concrete terracing. He somehow survived.

Although, he is probably the Wolves fan in a wheelchair who offered me out for a fight at the back of the West Stand a few years ago.

Back