• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Most Missed Away Trip

DTS

The Business
All this beating Man United, Sunderland, Southampton stuff is getting boring now isnt it. As we are clearly staying up this season I was wondering what trips you lot were missing going on.

I really miss Macclesfield away. Always a top day out in my book. Loads of ok pubs within a decent walk of the station, pleasant place, good food and never any problems with locals.

Had a top day up there once with Seb Weetabix and the late Bob Evans all in fancy dress and another time Smiffy and I got offered 8 top of the range phones for £300 from a bloke in a stolen car. :D

You dont get days like that anymore.

DtS

Barnet. You can only fit 12 people in the away end, but it's right by a tube station and there's a cracking boozer next door.

Cambridge , on boxing day , short distance , 3 points, few beers and back home in time for more beers and food at home ...........lovely;)

Kidderminster - mmm.... cottage pie..... mmmmm..... Aggie broth
Not sure what more you want from an away game - 3 points, lots of beer, stop off and visit some mates on the way back in brummie land for a balti and a night out in Brum afterwards

Orient will be missed as Leeboy stated, great days out when we weren't scoring own goals

Mansfield, for the Last Doors pub next door and Mansfield Bitter

Chesterfield, crap terrace but had good days out there

Shrewsbury. There's isn't a ground in the league with more character than Gay Meadow, and the town is nice and quaint. Some goods pubs nearby and everything is within walkable distance.

ha yeah they dont need to see the pitch do they

Torquay is another, huge blooming journey but a nice town with good pubs near the ground and good set of fans.

Good for weekends away to. Although, we've only played them away in August once since i've been watching the Blues. Shame that.

Good for weekends away to. Although, we've only played them away in August once since i've been watching the Blues. Shame that.

aye it's good when you can stay over the weekend.

although the last time we done that was when we were younger, the place.......

Bradford :thump: :thump:

I can't remember for the life of me why the old man done that to us!

Kidderminster - mmm.... cottage pie..... mmmmm..... Aggie broth
Not sure what more you want from an away game - 3 points, lots of beer, stop off and visit some mates on the way back in brummie land for a balti and a night out in Brum afterwards

Can't think of anything to add to this. Much missed by me.

Walsall, Rotherham and Grimsby, three centres of cultural excellence...:)

Joking aside, I miss the Abbey Stadium and am saddened to see Cambridge are struggling to stay in the Conference.

I also miss the cheaper prices in Leagues 1 and 2.

Orient for me.. Midweek in winter, leave work in the smoke at 4pm, get tanked, get on that open terrace, get the hip flask out, marvel at the outdoor toilets, vaguely recall losing and scoring lots of own goals..

Back