• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Jam_Man

Life President
Dont know if anyone else has done this, we were meaning to do so for ages but never got around to it.

Have been paying MPPI which we got with out mortgage in 98, and then renewed 6 years ago.

Mrs Jam finally got around to putting in a claim for it and we basically got the equivalent of all those premiums back, so next years Florida holiday just became "free".

The argument would be that we are just getting our money back, but actually we did get the benefit of having MPPI. Last year I was made redundant from the software company I worked for and the MPPI was going to pay my mortgage, but I got a job and cancelled the claim. So even though I got piece of mind from having it I get my money back as well.

As Alan Partridge would say. Cashback!

So if anyone else out there has MPPI put a claim in, its worth it. Just dont use one of these firms who will take a massive chunk of it, you really dont need to use them.

What if you can't remember if you had PPI with a loan/Cc/Mortgage. Is it all on a file somewhere?

I did mine by ringing Lloyds and asking if I had paid it on an old credit card that I closed off 5 or so years ago. All I did was ask the question, and say that if I had been paying it, I wouldnt have needed to be paying this at the time. That was the only contact I had with Lloyds, apart from when they paid a large sum of money into my bank account. Couldn't have been easier. All I did was ask if I'd been paying it, and they tripped over themselves to give me money. Definately worth doing.

This may be an old fashioned view but if I had signed up for it then surely thats down to me. If you never wanted it why agree to it?

Yes they seem to have a budget and policy to repay it all.

Ours took a few weeks to go through but 14 years of premiums + intersest for doing very little definitely worth doing.

Wondering whether I can do the same on my Barclaycard ?

This may be an old fashioned view but if I had signed up for it then surely thats down to me. If you never wanted it why agree to it?

The argument was it was mis-sold.

They screwed it up so much that even people now who it was sold fine for can claim as they cant prove it.

Hmmm.....have been sceptical of this, I know the ex took out loans on our joint accounts at one time, would they be eligible for me to check into or not?

Hmmm.....have been sceptical of this, I know the ex took out loans on our joint accounts at one time, would they be eligible for me to check into or not?

You have nothing to lose by trying.

I would never have got around to it but because my wife did we now have a holiday to Florida paid for...

The argument was it was mis-sold.

They screwed it up so much that even people now who it was sold fine for can claim as they cant prove it.
Nice... This is what is wrong with todays society

Nice... This is what is wrong with todays society

I fully agree.

The said person made a claim to the MPPI (though not taken up) and then put a claim in saying it was miss sold....if thats the case I think its a bloody cheek and the excatly why this country is in such a sorry state.

Kay, I read your post as your Ex took out loans in your name without you knowing about ths! if that is the case then that is fraud and unless you want to open a can of worms then I wouldnt claim. (sorry if I have read that wrong or read to much into that comment) :smile:

Kay, I read your post as your Ex took out loans in your name without you knowing about ths! if that is the case then that is fraud and unless you want to open a can of worms then I wouldnt claim. (sorry if I have read that wrong or read to much into that comment) :smile:
No Gareth, he took them out on our joint bank account but in his name and without my knowledge. As the account was either to sign I don't think it's fraud - believe me, I had gone into that quite thoroughly to check pre-divorce settlement! That's why I don't think I would be entitled to anything on those. I am going to check on the old mortgage and my old credit cards though!

I fully agree.

The said person made a claim to the MPPI (though not taken up) and then put a claim in saying it was miss sold....if thats the case I think its a bloody cheek and the excatly why this country is in such a sorry state.

Yeah those poor banks eh.....

For what its worth the only time I had need of it they werent going to pay out for 3 months. As its unlikely Id ever be out of work longer than that it was highly unlikely I was ever going to benefit from it. That as such shows it wasnt fit for purpose. IF the banks were in the right with MPPI they wouldnt be paying out.....

Last year I was out of work for 3 months (by choice as it was a sabbatical), I never claimed a penny in benefits even though I was entitled to.

Yeah those poor banks eh.....
- yup - and actions like yours and the charge reclaimers will mean that everyone has to pay fees eventually - they are businesses, not charities...

For what its worth the only time I had need of it they werent going to pay out for 3 months. As its unlikely Id ever be out of work longer than that it was highly unlikely I was ever going to benefit from it. That as such shows it wasnt fit for purpose. IF the banks were in the right with MPPI they wouldnt be paying out.....
Why did you take it out if the exclusion period was longer than you are happy with? Did you read the fine print?

Last year I was out of work for 3 months (by choice as it was a sabbatical), I never claimed a penny in benefits even though I was entitled to.
and that is relevant, how?

Back