• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

If Luggy chooses to play the 433/451 he was using towards the end of the season, then 5 centre mids in the squad is a minimum for me. Having only 4 means that as soon as 1 guy is injured you will have no additional cover on the bench. I imagine you are correct when you say granty is off, but if that's the case and Luggy is thinking of employing 3 centre mids, then we will need another replacement too!

I take your point, however my guess would be that if Granty does go and Timlin replaces him then the cover in that area will more than likely be provided by the likes of Woodyard, Stevens etc. My guess would be that while a 5th senior central midfielder would be nice the budget will probably not stretch to it. I could be wrong though.

Well, you would think so...

But, you never know... :winking:

Keegan_468x356.jpg

My copy of the Swindon Advertiser has just popped through the letterbox. It appears that Swindon have 9 out of contract players. These include Timlin, Scott Cuthbert, Alan Sheehan and Jonathan Douglas. Paolo will not be confirming who he wants until he meets them next week. However he has suggested some will not be returning and has authority from the board to make major changes to the squad. Timlin is well regarded in Swindon and was one of their best players upon his return from Southend. However if PS gets in quick I believe we could get him.

My copy of the Swindon Advertiser has just popped through the letterbox. It appears that Swindon have 9 out of contract players. These include Timlin, Scott Cuthbert, Alan Sheehan and Jonathan Douglas. Paolo will not be confirming who he wants until he meets them next week. However he has suggested some will not be returning and has authority from the board to make major changes to the squad. Timlin is well regarded in Swindon and was one of their best players upon his return from Southend. However if PS gets in quick I believe we could get him.

I really liked the French left back guy and Cuthbert at Roots Hall too.

Just to back Dave up, he doesn't post unsubstantiated nonsense and wouldn't post anything with no hint of truth.

As a local, do you think Cuthbert would be well out of our reach wage wise? Seeing him available on a free instantly makes me think we should be in for him, as he has decent pedigree and before a shaky season just gone, was a star for Swindon. There would definitely be something there for PS and Coughlan to work with.

In this recent interview regarding the future at Swindon, he gives out strong praise to PS.

Timlin Interview

This bit stood out for me...

“I also think that at that time we seemed to have a knack of winning games in the last 10 minutes or draw when we were losing. There was a never-say-die attitude, and a good team spirit.

How many last minute points did we pick up last season?

From Swindon os

"Swindon Town Interim Chairman Jeremy Wray has confirmed the club have so far made one-year contract offers to the following four players:

Lecsinel Jean-Francois, Michael Timlin, Mark Scott and Nathan Thompson."

I guess it will come down to wages and first team football. My money is on swindon

Depends on security. If we can offer a 2 year deal, which I imagine ps would push for, then that's probably more important than wages in the current climate.

Depends on security. If we can offer a 2 year deal, which I imagine ps would push for, then that's probably more important than wages in the current climate.

And that's where recent history might not help - a 12 month contract where you know you are going to get paid every month or a 24 month one where you might be at the whim of the property market.

Back