• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

My Leicester away dilema.

Options?

• I am female - Sure she will be fine about it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am female - You selfish ******* - I am glad you didnt spill your beans up me.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Dave - my advice to you would be play it by ear. Don't book either game, but if the chance is available when the time comes then go. Reasoning for this? Well, if you're living at your in laws, for YOUR sanity, the space might be important. Of course this all depends on what has happened, how she is etc etc. If baby hasn't come and is showing no signs then I would go to either of those games, if it comes early or on time, then definitely miss the first, but see how things are by the time Leicester comes along.

If she's with her family anyway, they will be glad to take over "duties" if the baby's born so you should be able to go guilt free, as long as you make it quite clear how proud you are and how much you love them both - maybe wanting to "wet the baby's head". Be flexible, you may not want to go anyway when the time comes, as others have said.

my youngest son was born on the 12th Feb and i was at the stadium of light on the 17th as that was a game i definitely wasn't going to miss.

Dave, Dave, Dave where have I gone wrong?

Firstly both you and your sister were born on the day you were due, not that has anything to do with it.

Everyone and everyone situation is different. You are lucky as Lucie has her mother and her sister close by to help her share the workload, so frankly my old son you could find yourself redundant anyway.

You've got to play it by ear and see how it is at the time, the one thing you can't do is "My poor old man needs me to take him to Leicester routine" I'm not getting involved in World War III".

Why are you so keen to go to Leicester anyway? I would have thought that would be your least favourite away trip.

To finalise your going to be a Dad soon and there will be lots of decisions to make, and frankly you can't expect us Zoners to make all the decisions for you on Polls, or can you?

Dad

Missed what happened on that schooldays dilemma. What was the outcome?

Thought about it long and hard but from memory lost the will to do it after she sent me some smutty snaps via my phone. She also lived in a well rough part of town so I decided best not to get involved for fear of my life.

Funny enough got a facebook from her a few months ago and she got married to another lad from my class a few weeks ago after a six week engagement.

Think it was a lucky escape looking back.

Our second kid is due on Wednesday - I have tickets for Orient on Friday. The chances of the baby arriving on the due date is something like 5% - so don't put off things because of "if's". Plenty of support at home for your misses I'm sure you'll not be missed!

I have to say, the Walkers is in the middle of nowhere. It's a pig to get to, a sow to get out of after the game, and you face the trip back with the distinct possibility of being annoyed due to a defeat. Which, given the situation, probably ain't the best thing.

I have to say, the Walkers is in the middle of nowhere. It's a pig to get to, a sow to get out of after the game, and you face the trip back with the distinct possibility of being annoyed due to a defeat. Which, given the situation, probably ain't the best thing.

Plus a soul-crushing lack of atmosphere and too many police and stewards.

Our second kid is due on Wednesday - I have tickets for Orient on Friday. The chances of the baby arriving on the due date is something like 5% - so don't put off things because of "if's". Plenty of support at home for your misses I'm sure you'll not be missed!

So the little girl decided to make an appearance early - born yesterday at 12:35. With both of ours we have had plenty of notice - warning signals started 3 days before with both of them - could of got home from pretty much any major city in the world! I appreciate that maybe extreme but I also think it is rare that you only have a couple of hours between first twinges and birth (cue all the posts of how people had just minutes warning).

So I'll be at the Orient game as planned ;-)

So the little girl decided to make an appearance early - born yesterday at 12:35. With both of ours we have had plenty of notice - warning signals started 3 days before with both of them - could of got home from pretty much any major city in the world! I appreciate that maybe extreme but I also think it is rare that you only have a couple of hours between first twinges and birth (cue all the posts of how people had just minutes warning).

Congrats, mine due thursday but doubt it'll show!

Right need an opinion from the Dads on the board.

Mrs DtS is due to bring DtS junior into the world on 21st November and were both really excited. I appreciate a lot of first babys dont come when there due and I have all but written off Oldham at home which is 22nd November as I appreciate I cant really swan off the day after.

I have however been eyeing up Leicester away as a potential trip. This is on the 6th December.

I havent mentioned it to Mrs DtS yet. Am I scum for thinking of going? Is this a bit out of order?

As I see it if the baby is born on or close to the due date its 15 odd days after the birth. Mrs DtS is normally cool about me clearing off but I am not sure if this it a bridge to far. Before you cast your vote I will add that we will be living at her parents for a few months whilst the baby is born so her Mum, Dad, Sister, Brother in Law and there kids will all be about so she wont be on her own.

dave, its simple.
use the leicester away game as a chance to "wet the babys head"
what you drinking... ?

Congrats mate - wonderful news!!!

Back