• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Neil Warnock

I totally agree Chris. With 10 mins to go, Tilson was the man. A win at Brighton. MMMM you'd better believe it. 10 minutes later he's a ****.
I think the truth is somewhere in the middle.

PS Warnock indeed. :)

10 minutes to go and tilson was NOT the man! He had left gower dawdling around the pitch blaming everyone but himself for the crap display he was giving, our pathetic excuse for a strike force was doing its best to throw away every good position the midfield put them in, their subs ( both the big black guy & the nippy winger) were starting to rip us apart and you just got that feeling that someting horrible was about to unfold!

If you read goaters book, he says it was spencer prior for convincing him to come to southend, cos they played at man city together, and prior called goater numerous times to get him here

Actually, I just donated it to Cricko for the raffle, so I can't go through it and check it!

Regardless of who made the approach, Tilson picked him and played him along with the countless other players that he signed when he built a side that won back-to-back promotions.

One man does not make a team. If it did Wolverhampton Wanderers would have won the title several times in the late-80s.

To say that Eastwood did it all on his own is simply not true and not fair on the other players.

We got promoted from league two because Freddie was a golden nuget playing in a league full of very average players. We got promoted from league one for one reason and one reason only Shaun Goater read his book and what he has to say about Tilson and i quote " Tilson trained us hard so hard the lads were to fatiqued to come in for extra training to work on things that needed improving " Also goes on to say how he talked Freddie through matches helping with positioning etc that is what was missing last year with Freddie and is crying out for still an old head to quide the younger players up front and also some one to marshall the defence as Prior did they must be out there find them or go back to league two

...and there was me thinking we got promoted because we had more points than anyone else.

Someone said it's a funny old game, 5 minutes from victory and all is rosy, a sudden collapse and it's all poison & vilification.

Actually, I just donated it to Cricko for the raffle, so I can't go through it and check it!

Regardless of who made the approach, Tilson picked him and played him along with the countless other players that he signed when he built a side that won back-to-back promotions.

One man does not make a team. If it did Wolverhampton Wanderers would have won the title several times in the late-80s.

To say that Eastwood did it all on his own is simply not true and not fair on the other players.

Your right of course, 1 man does not make a team. However, 1 man can make the difference to a team and that surely is what happened with eastwood. We should not forget that we had a patriotic prior returning for his swansong at his home club and for all his lack of mobility in the last year, he didnt mess many headers

...and there was me thinking we got promoted because we had more points than anyone else.

Someone said it's a funny old game, 5 minutes from victory and all is rosy, a sudden collapse and it's all poison & vilification.

Your missing the point
The arguement is that the manager should have pre empted the collapse! Or at least reacted after their first goal.

If you read goaters book, he says it was spencer prior for convincing him to come to southend, cos they played at man city together, and prior called goater numerous times to get him here

You can't have much of an arguement if your using Shaun Goater's words to back you up. Yes I did read his book and he was far more compliamentary about Tilly than he was critical. I wonder why you seem to have conveniently forgotten that.

I totally agree Chris. With 10 mins to go, Tilson was the man. A win at Brighton. MMMM you'd better believe it. 10 minutes later he's a ****.
I think the truth is somewhere in the middle.

PS Warnock indeed. :)

What about come february when this is still happening, happened for most of last season, gonna keep happening...Are we gonna be saying come February, Aw Tilly is a good manager, give him more time...

Something is not right with the Blues, hasn't been since midway thru last season, and needs putting right now, not in March when it's too late!

In that case we should appoint Mystic Meg with immediate effect.

What?
Why the neccessity for clarevoyance? I'm talking about reacting to an ariel threat of a giant substitute striker, post hocto proc.....not guesswork on what might be a threat!

What?
Why the neccessity for clarevoyance? I'm talking about reacting to an ariel threat of a giant substitute striker, post hocto proc.....not guesswork on what might be a threat!

So... exactly what he did at Leeds and got slated for then?

If we had defenders and a goalkeeper in the side who could deal with decent balls into the box we wouldn't have to start making drastic changes every time the opposition brings on someone over 6ft tall.

So... exactly what he did at Leeds and got slated for then?

If we had defenders and a goalkeeper in the side who could deal with decent balls into the box we wouldn't have to start making drastic changes every time the opposition brings on someone over 6ft tall.

You will have to enlighten me on the leeds changes but i thought it was defender for defender? If i am corect, that is not what i felt was needed today. Today required losing an attacker (guffaw) for an additional defender of height to counter the new threat and defend our lead for the last few minutes.
The GK i agree is inept but the defenders played well against shorter opposition. It was only after the introduction of the tall black guy that they struggled.

Yeah you're right it was defender for defender at Leeds.

Personally I don't think we should ever bring a defender on for a forward. It sends out all the wrong signals to the opposition and just invites pressure onto us. It's the sort of thing that Sven used to get slated for doing when he was in charge of England.

Back