• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

New manager

From what I hear Ricky Duncan is one of the problems not the solution
If you have a DoF they need to be involved in this process and the manager answerable to them. That isn’t the case at the moment and the DoF was appointed after the manager.

NOT TILSON! I seriously don’t see why anyone even mentions him. Yes he HAS been one of our best managers in history and loves the club BUT and it’s a BIG BUT…. He has been out of the professional game for so long now. He has also only been successful once in his career and has flopped everywhere else he has been since. Football has changed hugely in recent years for example different styles of play and players having a much bigger influence nowadays than ever before. Also when was the last time someone returning to a club as manager because of how they done first time ever go anywhere near as well the second time? Tilson also flopped at this level with Lincoln years back and we need someone who understands what this league requires. Tilson would be arguably one of our worse options and would quickly backfire.

Based on results I'd not be firing Brown just yet. We created plenty at Kings Lynn, then pretty much went toe to toe with Stockport. After overrunning Wealdstone for 30 mins and not scoring but hitting woodwork twice we had a dismal last 60. We were pretty good against Wrexham and then had the week from hell. It happens. Admittedly in the last three we have looked pretty dire...

Based on Brown's interviews in the last fortnight. Very very worrying narcissistic behaviour - even worse than before. I fear this just isnt going to end well.

Not at all. Coughlan was here 8 years(?) during which time we were promoted and reached Wembley in the cup and maybe only once or twice finished in the bottom half of a table. It was a time of relative stability (only two managers) and whilst not without challenges the embargoes etc tended to be shortlived. I’d much rather Coughlan give a reference than someone who has lived through the club’s last 3-5 years when the wheels came off completely. Coughlan’s report should be that there are challenges but this are surmountable and the club’s potential is vast.
Hopefully you are right if Ron does go after Darren Currie. However, I got the impression from comments here and there that GC didnt care much for Southend as a town or RM as a chairman.

So kewell gone from Barnet... searle gone from aldershot. Next up...?

Some think too early, some can't come soon enough. Maybe the chairman needs to go first.

However If Brown was to leave or be removed who would be a good replacement?

Back to Tilly?

Old players in non league management ? Mark Bentley? Stimson?

Old players currently coaching? Barret? Maher I saw mentioned

Others ? I'm not sure back to MM is a good idea

What makes sense
Get Steve tilson back! Who cares if he's been out the game!! He's our most successful manager and would bring a feel good factor back to the club! Can't believe he's never been given a second stint as most legends normally come back at least once.

NOT TILSON! I seriously don’t see why anyone even mentions him. Yes he HAS been one of our best managers in history and loves the club BUT and it’s a BIG BUT…. He has been out of the professional game for so long now. He has also only been successful once in his career and has flopped everywhere else he has been since. Football has changed hugely in recent years for example different styles of play and players having a much bigger influence nowadays than ever before. Also when was the last time someone returning to a club as manager because of how they done first time ever go anywhere near as well the second time? Tilson also flopped at this level with Lincoln years back and we need someone who understands what this league requires. Tilson would be arguably one of our worse options and would quickly backfire.
Lincoln was a sinking ship before tilson got there!! Although the club's fortunes have turned around in recent years.

Lincoln was a sinking ship before tilson got there!! Although the club's fortunes have turned around in recent years.
If that is true, we are also a sinking ship. He has demonstrated nothing of any managerial note for years, but he especially hasn't demonstrated any managerial experience at stopping any ship from sinking.

I also don't believe all that 'sinking ship' stuff. It's the same with Brown, Tilson and Brown both knew what they were getting into when going to those respective clubs, therefore it's their job to turn things around. You could also argue, there is a reason why those mangers are only getting/got certain jobs. Tilson got that 'sinking ship' job for a reason, likewise Brown now managing in non-league.

As Brown has proved, going back hardly ever works. We really don't need to see it with Tilson as well, that would finish me off!

From what I hear Ricky Duncan is one of the problems not the solution
Does make you wonder doesnt it.

Its not just ron thats been a constant, RD has and so has the scouting.

As for fagan, he is also becoming part of the perpetual losers club.

As for sacking Brown, to soon. I'd give him 5 more games, at the rate he's going their wont be anyone left to throw under the bus.

Not sure if the answer is s new manager.
I mean since Brkwn went the first time we have had
Bond
Powell
Simon Cowell
Molesley
Surely they cant all be duds.
Surely one of them had the quality to get us out of this mess.
No, I really do think it is Ron Martin, what ever input he has to make them all ****ee.
I dont think a new manager will change any thing at all. They could have the best CV, but under Martin they will turn out ****ee.

Back