• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

New manager

I would love to see Tilly come back. I’m sure the usual ninnies will tell us why Molesley would be a better bet than one of the two men who got us into the Championship though.

I would love to see Tilly come back. I’m sure the usual ninnies will tell us why Molesley would be a better bet than one of the two men who got us into the Championship though.
What would tilson actually bring? No one seems to be able to answer this other than say he WAS our best manager.

Our club is doomed

What would tilson actually bring? No one seems to be able to answer this other than say he WAS our best manager.

A knowledge of the Essex non league scene and the best players within that pool. He said himself during the zoom call with Stan that he could identify numerous more talented players within Essex non league who would want to play for the club for half of the money that some of the current incumbents are on.
I'm not saying he would be the right choice....just answering your question.

Tilly wouldn’t be my choice but his strength was giving players confidence to play. That is actually something we’re lacking.
This is all what he was like. If he was this sort of messiah some people on here think he is then he would have done well at at least one job since he left us. There are a lot of other people that could come in who know this level well and can get players confidence. We need to stop being so sentimental taking on ex players and managers again and again.

A knowledge of the Essex non league scene and the best players within that pool. He said himself during the zoom call with Stan that he could identify numerous more talented players within Essex non league who would want to play for the club for half of the money that some of the current incumbents are on.
I'm not saying he would be the right choice....just answering your question.
And if that goes tits up we are in a worse position that we currently are.

Yeah. Just have a look through social media at the comments. Apparently he was a guest of their owners at the last game or the one before and their fans were going mad and saying the owner doesn’t realise how stupid he would be to hire Harris.

You could have the best of both worlds by teaming Mark Bentley and Steve Tilson. Both have sound knowledge of the non league scene.

We can't throw money to get the solution, therefore no choice but to take a lomger term view.

I never wanted Brown anyway near our Club again, but unfortunately I guess he will be going nowhere, anytime soon.

Not really convinced Ron will put the trigger but if he does, I think the most likely candidate to take over will be Fagan stepping up. Plus it’s cheap and easy for Ron and he’s already interviewed him previously.

You could have the best of both worlds by teaming Mark Bentley and Steve Tilson. Both have sound knowledge of the non league scene.

We can't throw money to get the solution, therefore no choice but to take a lomger term view.

I never wanted Brown anyway near our Club again, but unfortunately I guess he will be going nowhere, anytime soon.
The Bentley/Tilly combo was actually my preferred choice when Molesley was sacked for the reasons you mentioned above.

Well yeah but he couldn’t be our best manager after he was no longer our manager. Not saying he should be the next manager but the guy deserves more respect than to be written off as someone of little value.

My non league team managing neighbour says Tilly has stepped into the breach left by Sir Julian of Dicks at Heybridge

Back