• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

'Southend United supporters will be able to check the score at Roots Hall once again with the arrival of a new scoreboard'.

Check the score ?

It's not cricket , how hard can it be to keep count

Maybe they should have sponsored getting us a creative midfielder and then tied it all up with shirt that gave the score on the back in fluorescent lights... It would have looked great with the nights closing in these days.

Where is the marketing department when you need them.

'Southend United supporters will be able to check the score at Roots Hall once again with the arrival of a new scoreboard'.

Check the score ?

It's not cricket , how hard can it be to keep count

Harder than you might think, judging by the experience of one of our owners (or was it a mod?) at a reserve match once....

:winking:

I did tell you lot a few weeks ago about a new scoreboard

No offence mate, but this particular issue has been going on for years and years. Appreciate that there are other things to spend money on, but we have been promised a new one of these before...

Good news, and maybe, just maybe, the new CEO has a list of things to do due to the new communication between the club and the various fan groups, and he is actually bloody doing them ! !

Love the marketing photo - we've clearly found it in Del Boy's garage.
Also, I thought we were supposed to be skint - where did the money for this come from. I guess it could be a freebie if we advertise things for people on it?

Forget the scoreboard, look at that paving. And is that the Warchest at the back of the lock-up?

Love the marketing photo - we've clearly found it in Del Boy's garage.
Also, I thought we were supposed to be skint - where did the money for this come from. I guess it could be a freebie if we advertise things for people on it?
Trueblue informs me its a freebie.

I'm guessing it's a freebie provided they advertise who made it.

Any idea where its going to be put?

That seems like a silly question seeing as the scoreboard has always been on the North Bank roof, but what would they do with the advertisements over the old one? Those companies will have (hopefully) paid for them and wouldn't want them thrown away...

Back