• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Damm, I won't be able to see it in all its glory then :thumbdown:

I think that the current location is pretty silly. Above a goal is the most likely place that it will face repeated strikes. I appreciate these things are built to withstand that, but taking an element of repetative occurance away would surely make sense, and as TB says above, the South/west corner would make more sence in that regard

Is that why the scoreboard for ShrimperZone FC is actually in the goal to save it being hit by any shots ? :hilarious:

I think that the current location is pretty silly. Above a goal is the most likely place that it will face repeated strikes. I appreciate these things are built to withstand that, but taking an element of repetative occurance away would surely make sense, and as TB says above, the South/west corner would make more sence in that regard

Even worse place when Tomlin is in the team.

Best place for it would be the East Stand at the top.

Didn't we used to have one at the top of the east side of the South Bank, with a clock as well? :unsure:

Yes. That was before the flats were built. There was also a dilapidated St. Johns Ambulance caravan up there.

Bah, I have no time for this modern jiggery-pokery - where's the excitement of guessing how long we have left to play and trying to remember the score? Bring back jumpers for goalposts too while we're at it.

I think a scoreboard is frankly the most useless piece of equipment at a football ground, I mean its not as if I need to check it every 5 minutes just in case we cant remember the score.
Actually come to think of it a scoreboard is the most useful piece of equipment at a football ground, as it allows me to nod off during the dull bits and check the score when I wake up.
Will miss the old one though as I never forget the explosion of camera phones going off as the Scoreboard recorded S-UT-EN- 1. M-N U-D 0. Magic pure magic

Thats all we need. An all flashing, all led blinking scoreboard. Anyone at the club thought about the glare or the annoying flicker effect and the consequences??? If its too bright or too dazzling then thats me off across the pitch with a hand grenade. GRRRRRRRRRRRHHHHHHHHHHH.

I think a scoreboard is frankly the most useless piece of equipment at a football ground, I mean its not as if I need to check it every 5 minutes just in case we cant remember the score.
Actually come to think of it a scoreboard is the most useful piece of equipment at a football ground, as it allows me to nod off during the dull bits and check the score when I wake up.
Will miss the old one though as I never forget the explosion of camera phones going off as the Scoreboard recorded S-UT-EN- 1. M-N U-D 0. Magic pure magic

I like it simply because it tells me how long is left. Never wear a watch and can never tell how long we have to equalise against a team in the bottom 3 :)

Just thought it worth an update. I was down at the Hall today and believe it or not work has actually started on the scoreboard, so I would assume it will be up and running in time for the next home game..........possibly, maybe!!

Back